Juve still after Barzagli! (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
This is exactly what we need; a defence leader, a thing which Milito can provide to our back line. In my opinion, a partnership between Milito and either of Grygera, Zebina or Criscito would work. As for Barzagli, I don't think he'll add a lot to our back line after bearng in mind the ridiculous amount of money Zamparini wants for letting him go.

No, Barzagli isn't underrated here at all, on the contrary I think he is just a media hype. And when Lippi chose him amongst his team to the world cup, he was the 4th choice after Nesta, Cannavaro and Materazzi. In my opinion, the main cause that forced Lippi to chose Barzagli was the nonavailability of classy centre backs, hence it was Barzagli.

And I don't see why the presence of just Milito as our lone newcomer defender wouldn't work. We still have good defenders to partner him. Grygera is a good sane right back who can play in the centre as well. I remember Thuram was a right back at Parma, when we switched him to the centre, despite his old age and his lack of playing time in the centre in his first three seasons at Delle Alpi, he adapted quickly and he did a good job. Criscito is considered the best centre back in his generation, I'm not with fielding him as a regular starter though. But he can settle and have a fair playing time which will make him mature more quickly. But with the presence of lots of centre backs, I can see us loaning him out soon. Zebina, despite being clumsy and a hothead sometimes, is still a solid defender. With the presence of Chiellini, Milito and Grygera alongside Zebina, I'm confident that we'll have a solid competent back line.
Milito and Grygera/Zebina/Criscito scares the crap out of me. In reference to your comment about Thuram: I think neither Grygera or Zebina can be compared to him. Criscito could develop into the player we need, but he is still a few years out. Barzagli has a very unimpressive style, but he quietly gets the job done. He is a solid CB who is taking a bad rap for playing on a Palermo team that was turned upside down midway through the season. He is still a regular part of the National Team and for very good reason. The more you watch Barzagli play, the more you will see how silently he goes about doing a very good job. Putting Barzagli next to Milito would be a very good partnership for a very long time. Their ages are similar, their experience is similar, and their styles will compliment each other nicely.

If indeed we only sign 1 player for the defence, I would feel most comfortable with Chiellini in a CB role and Molinaro as the starting LB. Grygera is too aggressive for a CB, but is a very solid RB. Zebina is a good RB, but average at CB (I would prefer Zebina at CB to Grygera). Criscito is too young. Boumsong is too inconsistent (which is a bummer because he is so physically gifted), and Legrottaglie is just a good backup, but could be OK as a starter. I am not so confident. I definately think we need two CB's especially if we plan to field a CM with no true ball winners. We will be doomed.

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
yeah its true that its crucial for Juve to sign milito but still we should still hold a firm option on bsrzagli bcoz we should prevent inter from reinforcing their team with him... its gonna be like a suicide...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I have a feeling some of you never watched Barzagli except on that match vs Ukrain

Barzagli -> I've never seen worse positioning from a world champion.
He looks scared in duels, his tackles suck and hes outjumped all the time.
Are you totally out of your mind to want this defender in Juve ?

If Inter sign him then we've done great part of our job to win back the scudetto.

I don't like Pepe to be our D leader eather. Milito is our best choice. Give them the fucking +2M they are asking for and close the deal finally !!

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
I have a feeling some of you never watched Barzagli except on that match vs Ukrain

If Inter sign him then we've done great part of our job to win back the scudetto.

I don't like Pepe to be our D leader eather. Milito is our best choice. Give them the fucking +2M they are asking for and close the deal finally !!
:disagree:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

I don't understand how you can say these things about Barzagli. This is just silly. He is a very solid defender and will only get better. That is all I will say to this post.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Milito and Grygera/Zebina/Criscito scares the crap out of me. In reference to your comment about Thuram: I think neither Grygera or Zebina can be compared to him. Criscito could develop into the player we need, but he is still a few years out. Barzagli has a very unimpressive style, but he quietly gets the job done. He is a solid CB who is taking a bad rap for playing on a Palermo team that was turned upside down midway through the season. He is still a regular part of the National Team and for very good reason. The more you watch Barzagli play, the more you will see how silently he goes about doing a very good job. Putting Barzagli next to Milito would be a very good partnership for a very long time. Their ages are similar, their experience is similar, and their styles will compliment each other nicely.

If indeed we only sign 1 player for the defence, I would feel most comfortable with Chiellini in a CB role and Molinaro as the starting LB. Grygera is too aggressive for a CB, but is a very solid RB. Zebina is a good RB, but average at CB (I would prefer Zebina at CB to Grygera). Criscito is too young. Boumsong is too inconsistent (which is a bummer because he is so physically gifted), and Legrottaglie is just a good backup, but could be OK as a starter. I am not so confident. I definately think we need two CB's especially if we plan to field a CM with no true ball winners. We will be doomed.
I've watched Barzagli a lot in the past couple of seasons and I know him well. I'm not saying that he is a bad a defender, but he won't be our saviour; we can live without him. If we sign a classy defender like Milito, we'll be in no urgent need to pay that ludicrous amount of money on slightly above average defender. Another point here, you can describe Barzagli saying that he has a good experience, may he'll perform better if he partners a quality defender, his positioning is good, etc...but saying that he is solid is last thing I see in him. Simply, because he is neither solid nor aggressive.

Thuram's case maybe similar to Grygera's one. Thuram has spent most of his career as a right back and when he switched to play in the centre, he was good, despite being old. We haven't seen how Grygera will perform next to Milito, maybe they'll form a strong partnership, both of them are strong with high stamina and so aggressive, that's in my opinion what is required in any successful defence partnership.

And I don't see why you think that Criscito can nurture with in the presence of 5 or 6 defenders who are more experienced than him. As I said before, he'll end up be loaned to a team like Empoli or Catania, and then we'll never see him again.

And who told you that we'll field no true destroyer in our midfield, Since I started following Juventus we've always fielded two or at least one ball winner. In the current roster, we have Zanetti, Nocerino and Tacchinardi, who will return from the loan according to what I've heard. Still the transfer market hasn't opened yet.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I've watched Barzagli a lot in the past couple of seasons and I know him well. I'm not saying that he is a bad a defender, but he won't be our saviour; we can live without him. If we sign a classy defender like Milito, we'll be in no urgent need to pay that ludicrous amount of money on slightly above average defender. Another point here, you can describe Barzagli saying that he has a good experience, may he'll perform better if he partners a quality defender, his positioning is good, etc...but saying that he is solid is last thing I see in him. Simply, because he is neither solid nor aggressive.

Thuram's case maybe similar to Grygera's one. Thuram has spent most of his career as a right back and when he switched to play in the centre, he was good, despite being old. We haven't seen how Grygera will perform next to Milito, maybe they'll form a strong partnership, both of them are strong with high stamina and so aggressive, that's in my opinion what is required in any successful defence partnership.

And I don't see why you think that Criscito can nurture with in the presence of 5 or 6 defenders who are more experienced than him. As I said before, he'll end up be loaned to a team like Empoli or Catania, and then we'll never see him again.

And who told you that we'll field no true destroyer in our midfield, Since I started following Juventus we've always fielded two or at least one ball winner. In the current roster, we have Zanetti, Nocerino and Tacchinardi, who will return from the loan according to what I've heard. Still the transfer market hasn't opened yet.
I am not saying Barzagli>Milito. I am saying I want to see the two signed together. There is no doubt that Milito is better than Barzagli, but I think that Barzagli is the perfect player for us to sign to partner Milito.

I don't consider aggressiveness as a positive aspect of defence. As a matter of fact I see it as a weakness. Barzagli is the perfect compliment to Milito. I can't stress that enough.

Solid in a sense that, when you watch a game to scout Barzagli, he isn't making the huge breakup plays, but he is covering his gaps, he is marking his man, he is clearing the ball. He just goes about his way. He is 25, very promising, and good enough to start for Juventus next to a player like Milito. He is worth the 10M Palermo want for him and we can even offer Miccoli.

As far as having too many players at CB... I am not concerned. If we sign Barzagli and Milito it will stack up as such.

RB:
Grygera
Zebina
Birindelli

CB:
Milito
Barzagli
Criscito
Legrottaglie
Boumsong

LB:
Chiellini
Molinaro

Sell Boumsong or Legrottaglie, but I would definately not want to take Grygera out of a position where he is very solid at. Especially since we could really use him at RB. He is an improvement over Zebina who really only had a good season with us when we were in Serie B. All of a sudden people think he can do it now after he was succesful in the second division. Realistically, I think Zebina is a good backup.

Thuram and Grygera are similar in the sense that they both play RB and CB, but I definately think that is where it stops. Thuram was much smarter and much less aggressive than Grygera, and I beleive he was always more suited to play CB. Grygera is a bit too out of control to play CB for Juventus.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
barzagli will learn from milito... n ferrara also...
He will learn from Milito ?
They are both 26, why should he learn from Milito ?

Take off your Azzuri glasses for a moment and you guys will see how below average this man is. Below average is even a compliment for him.
Guys, Italian stars and Italian great players are the most expensive ones for Italian clubs. Why do you think Barzagli at 26 is still in Palermo ? Why do you think he, as a world champion, costs double less than a player like Milito who plays for an average Spanish team and who never won anything in his life ? Why even the younger and still unproven Pepe will cost us twice more than Barzagli ?
Yes, because he's crap.

Imagine Boumsong with ability to give birth. Now imagine Boum Boum and Legro having sex with broken condom.
You know who's the product of this love ?
Yeah, its Barzagli.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
He will learn from Milito ?
They are both 26, why should he learn from Milito ?

Take off your Azzuri glasses for a moment and you guys will see how below average this man is. Below average is even a compliment for him.
Guys, Italian stars and Italian great players are the most expensive ones for Italian clubs. Why do you think Barzagli at 26 is still in Palermo ? Why do you think he, as a world champion, costs double less than a player like Milito who plays for an average Spanish team and who never won anything in his life ? Why even the younger and still unproven Pepe will cost us twice more than Barzagli ?
Yes, because he's crap.

Imagine Boumsong with ability to give birth. Now imagine Boum Boum and Legro having sex with broken condom.
You know who's the product of this love ?
Yeah, its Barzagli.
:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)