Juve still after Barzagli! (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
For the depth?
We already have Zebina, Birindelli, Salihamidzic, Grygera, Criscito, Boumsong, Legrottagli, Chiellini, Molinaro and probably Milito, that are 10 players for maximum 4 spots.
If you want Barzagli added to that list, I am sure one or two will have to go.
Read my signature. I don't think that roster is over crowded. We will have Birindelli and Legrotagglie, or Boumsong, or Criscito on reserves. Big deal. The more depth the better. Injuries do happen and it is better to be safe than sorry. Worse comes to worse, sell someone in January.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Read my signature. I don't think that roster is over crowded. We will have Birindelli and Legrotagglie, or Boumsong, or Criscito on reserves. Big deal. The more depth the better. Injuries do happen and it is better to be safe than sorry. Worse comes to worse, sell someone in January.
I think that is too much to have in a season without European football.
Players will get unhappy, do you really think alihamidzic signed to become a backup?
We might alsi use the extra money to get a player like Diego to reinforce our midfield, I don't see us havingn 11 defenders for 4 spots, maximum 8.
Every spot covered should eb enough for next season, especially since Grygera can play everywere, Chiellini and Zebina can also play as CB and Sali can cover both wings.

If we get Barzagli and Milito, I see Boum definately being sold, Leggro maybe and Birindelli also maybe.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
For the depth?
We already have Zebina, Birindelli, Salihamidzic, Grygera, Criscito, Boumsong, Legrottagli, Chiellini, Molinaro and probably Milito, that are 10 players for maximum 4 spots.
If you want Barzagli added to that list, I am sure one or two will have to go.
thx that's what i'm talking about:agree:

OmriK

Jul 23, 2006
he's no average.he play with a lot of quality and if you saw palermo in the last few years you probably know that,Plus when he was given the chance in the Azzuri he shined aswell.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think that is too much to have in a season without European football.
Players will get unhappy, do you really think alihamidzic signed to become a backup?
We might alsi use the extra money to get a player like Diego to reinforce our midfield, I don't see us havingn 11 defenders for 4 spots, maximum 8.
Every spot covered should eb enough for next season, especially since Grygera can play everywere, Chiellini and Zebina can also play as CB and Sali can cover both wings.

If we get Barzagli and Milito, I see Boum definately being sold, Leggro maybe and Birindelli also maybe.
Players will be rotated. If teams followed your logic than every team would have 11 players on it. I beleive in having a team where at least 23 players are capable of starting. More options. If the players complain... we release them. Sali is not better than Camo or Nedved. He isn't a good enough SB to start over our current core. He is a super sub. That is his main attribute... versatility. Sell Boum or Legro, but it would be OK to keep them. Depth never hurts.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
they prob said the same about samuel and canna, didnt win them sh*t. we have alternatives to barzagli, but not to milito
This is exactly what we need; a defence leader, a thing which Milito can provide to our back line. In my opinion, a partnership between Milito and either of Grygera, Zebina or Criscito would work. As for Barzagli, I don't think he'll add a lot to our back line after bearng in mind the ridiculous amount of money Zamparini wants for letting him go.

Barzagli is underrated on this forums. The top coaches hold Barzagli in very high esteem. Marcello Lippi put the kid on his WC roster. Sure he only had limited playing time, but Lippi had a number of other options he could have chosen. Lippi knew the skill level of this kid and the fact that he is wise beyond his years. Put Barzagli in our defence and we will be ok. No matter who we sign... we will need a good player next to him. As I have mentioned at nauseum, we need 2 CB's becuase we have no good ones on our current roster. Not even Milito or Cannavaro alone would be a good enough solution.
No, Barzagli isn't underrated here at all, on the contrary I think he is just a media hype. And when Lippi chose him to accompany him to the world cup, he was the 4th choice after Nesta, Cannavaro and Materazzi. In my opinion, the main cause that forced Lippi to chose Barzagli was the nonavailability of classy centre backs, hence it was Barzagli.

And I don't see why the presence of just Milito as our lone newcomer defender wouldn't work. We still have good defenders to partner him. Grygera is a good sane right back who can play in the centre as well. I remember Thuram was a right back at Parma, when we switched him to the centre, despite his old age and his lack of playing time in the centre in his first three seasons at Delle Alpi, he adapted quickly and he did a good job. Criscito is considered the best centre back in his generation, I'm not with fielding him as a regular starter though. But he can settle and have a fair playing time which will make him mature more quickly. But with the presence of lots of centre backs, I can see us loaning him out soon. Zebina, despite being clumsy and a hothead sometimes, is still a solid defender. With the presence of Chiellini, Milito and Grygera alongside Zebina, I'm confident that we'll have a solid competent back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)