Juve still after Barzagli! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Legro arrived on a high from his previous performances.Barzagli would arrive after a bad season.I think Barzagli could either turn out to be great,or he could turn out to be pathetic.I like to lean towards the former.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
but if you had those two options who would you play?

i actually think barzagli could turn into a great player, remember everyone thought cannavaro was done when we signed him. juve tends to bring out the best in players, even if in boumsongs case their best aint good enough

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

i actually think barzagli could turn into a great player, remember everyone thought cannavaro was done when we signed him. juve tends to bring out the best in players, even if in boumsongs case their best aint good enough
:agree: :agree: :tup: :tup:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
look seriously....

would you rather have barzagli or boumsong??
And here is the point; you're comparing a clumsy below average defender (Boumsong) with another less clumsier slightly above average and sometimes average defender (Barzagli), hence, the winner would for sure be the latter. On the other hand, Juventus will be the only loser if they think that landing a defender who happens to be better than Boumsong will be much beneficial.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Barzagli is somewhat harshly criticised IMO. The price may be expensive, but the guy played on quite easily the worse defensive unit in Serie A. Guana as a DM? I think some people here hasnt seen Guana tackle. He always misses a player by a good meter or two. Cassani as a fullback? Its like Andreolli playing right back (Not good). Fontana at goal? Might as well start with 2 goal handicap, and have Buffon in goal. Beside, that Palermo team played very attacking style, and thus left defenders exposed to counter-attacks. Barzagli has his flaws, but I like couple of aspects of his game, that I think in a well organised compact defense, or a pacey partner beside him, could really excell.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
First Barzagli is an italian. He knows Buffon, Camo, Alex. He has good seria A experience. He made two good season in italy and even the year he played bad wa we should not say that he is like Boum or Legro. Lot's of ppl say that Canna is not good defender bicoz of his bad performance this season but we don't think so.
The truth is that we don't have many choises in defence. If we sign Milito we still need another defender and i don't think we have better option than barza. We were linked in cris but lyon ask for too much money so..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Barzagli is somewhat harshly criticised IMO. The price may be expensive, but the guy played on quite easily the worse defensive unit in Serie A. Guana as a DM? I think some people here hasnt seen Guana tackle. He always misses a player by a good meter or two. Cassani as a fullback? Its like Andreolli playing right back (Not good). Fontana at goal? Might as well start with 2 goal handicap, and have Buffon in goal. Beside, that Palermo team played very attacking style, and thus left defenders exposed to counter-attacks. Barzagli has his flaws, but I like couple of aspects of his game, that I think in a well organised compact defense, or a pacey partner beside him, could really excell.
spot on guys

he is not as bad as hes portrayed, we forget that his whole team went through a very long bad patch where they were just awful as a team and that reflects on their players. Even some of their better players looked just ordinary and they couldn't win a game.

I say bring him with someone that could put some confidence into him and watch him grow.

But the price needs to be decreased

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The media spotlight is on Barzagli more because he is seen as the guy to replace Cannavaro in the national side, the next 'great' Italian defender. When he makes a mistake it is always highlighted more. As someone else pointed out, Cannavaro was hardly in the best of form when we signed him and he was playing at a better club and with a better defence than Palermo.

Jul 24, 2006
Do we really need Barzagli if we get Millito?
Yes!

I am not the biggest Barzagli fan, jury still out on him at the highest level and if he has played poorly this year maybe wc hangover/transfer distraction has played a part..

But we def still need more in defence than just Milito or we are dead next year make no mistake. And it would really seem as though Barzagli is coming so we should get ready to welcome him, fat and slow or otherwise!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Palermo used to have Terlizzi as Barzagli's partner along with Barone and Corini holding down central midfield. That midfield duo was a good team and lets remember here that Guidolin has his teams play a pretty balanced style. I've seen enough of Barzagli to say that he's a decent defender but makes a lot of errors... he is certainly not worth anything over 10 million and we could get a number of better defenders for the same price. There are some good things about Barzagli such as he's decent in the air and an alright marker, but his hype outweighs his exploits.

Instead of wasting a ridiculous sum of money on a player who is just above average, why don't just give Criscito more playing time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)