Juve still after Barzagli! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I'll make a excuse for Barza:

(1) He has GK who lets in goal if any boal goas further than a meter than him.
(2) Guana is shittest defensive midfielder I have ever seen. He makes Paul Scholes look like Guardiola in terms of tackling. Slow, can't tackle, and infuriating tendency to slip in important occasion (believe me this happens quite a lot with Guana), Guana tops my list of worst teammate you could have if you are defender.
(3) Two full-backs are crap. Pisano can't cross over even a first man to save his life, and the less said of Cassani, the better. The latter must be slowest fullback on circulation, I am so glad that he supposedly "rejected" Juventus. He could have given Zebina good run for money in generating pure hatred around this board.
(4) Palermo as a team has no concept of compact defending. Their emphasis on attack means that each players have to cover one heck of field in the game. I like Guidolin as a coach, but defensively, he is quite shocking. Its hard to defend when your opposition has acres of space to run into, especially when you are not a quick defender like Barzagli.

I feel sorry Barzagli. He is playing incompetent team (bar Simplicio, Amauri, Di Michele, to lesser extent Zaccardo) with zero notion of team concept. Because of lack of midfield cover, speed at the flanks, and the team's tactical system, opposition attackers have all the space in the world to attack him. That plays against Barzagli's strenght. IMO, if you could have a compact team, and speedy player playing alongside Barzagli, he could really shine.

My EPL hate aside, Terry is truly terrific player. His understanding of the game is underappreciated. He isn't elegant, but positioning wise IMHO, he is even better than Nesta. But Nesta is just the bomb. He may be erratic at times, but man, when his game is on, nobody could match his array of distribution, man marking ability, physique (Nesta is a big man lets not forget), and reading of the game. Magnifico! He is more talented than Canna IMO.

NERKO

Apr 26, 2006
we should try with vanden borre, he is very young, but barzagli is OK. In midfield, quaresma, nani, diego, muntari...., what do you think?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
we should try with vanden borre, he is very young, but barzagli is OK. In midfield, quaresma, nani, diego, muntari...., what do you think?
Vanden Borre - signed for Fiorentina and he is crap.

Barzagli - no please.

Muntari - if he stops receiving red cards then OK.

Quaresma - :tup: though I don´t know if he would fit well, I suppose he would.

Nani - :faq1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)