Juve still after Barzagli! (105 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #801
    From being overrated to drastically underrated on this forum! Barzagli is still a good player, Palermo is going through a bad patch as a whole, not just Barzagli. One average half-season, doesn't erase the past 3 years where Barzagli impressed. I agree that 15 million might be too much, but preffering Legrottaglie over Barzagli?! I WOULD definetely pay 15 million euro's for Barzagli, if Legrottaglie was the alternative..

Besides, if Zamparini (who's well known to be a little nuts) doesn't rate Barzagli anymore and wants to get rid of Barzagli, that's a good thing; it'll lower his price.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    From being overrated to drastically underrated on this forum! Barzagli is still a good player, Palermo is going through a bad patch as a whole, not just Barzagli. One average half-season, doesn't erase the past 3 years where Barzagli impressed. I agree that 15 million might be too much, but preffering Legrottaglie over Barzagli?! I WOULD definetely pay 15 million euro's for Barzagli, if Legrottaglie was the alternative..

Besides, if Zamparini (who's well known to be a little nuts) doesn't rate Barzagli anymore and wants to get rid of Barzagli, that's a good thing; it'll lower his price.
    :tup:

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I for one will be delighted if we sign Barzagli this summer.

Grygera-Barzagli-Chiellini-Balza

would be a good defence next season with Biri, Boum and Criscito as back up with Sali able to cover as well.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
    I for one will be delighted if we sign Barzagli this summer.

Grygera-Barzagli-Chiellini-Balza

would be a good defence next season with Biri, Boum and Criscito as back up with Sali able to cover as well.
    Even though he has filled in well at cb I rather have Chiellini at the left back position and Balza on the bench. I just don't rate Blaza that well in the defense department.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    I agree with Dominic, the whole team is playing badly...
    Why do we accept our players to have a bad patch of form, and deny that to others?!
    If we can get him for the right price, why not!

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Even though he has filled in well at cb I rather have Chiellini at the left back position and Balza on the bench. I just don't rate Blaza that well in the defense department.
    Ideally I'd have another new cb and Chiellini would be LB but I doubt we will sign 2 CB's.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

So, what do you think about getting Barzagli and placing him alongside Chiellini or whoever you think of? And don't forget to bear in mind that landing Barzagli would be our only high-priced defender of the next summer mercato.

malducato1 said:
    juve red said:
    Ideally I'd have another new cb and Chiellini would be LB but I doubt we will sign 2 CB's.
    What are the skills that should be present in an average left back you've spotted in Chiellini?

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006

Couldn't agree more.... but what you guys think about Felipe from Udinese?

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #812
    So, what do you think about getting Barzagli and placing him alongside Chiellini or whoever you think of? And don't forget to bear in mind that landing Barzagli would be our only high-priced defender of the next summer mercato.
    I'm not saying Barzagli is the ideal choise for our defence. I'm saying that he isn't nearly as bad as he's suddenly made out to be. Barzagli +Chiellini central pairing ... it could have potential, but I think they'd need a lot of time, too much time, to form a great defensive middle. Getting two central defenders would be ideal, one a little older ala Samuel(who i'm not that big a fan of though..) to make place for Criscito in the future and the other one who'll be there for years to come in someone like Alex, Mexes... or Barzagli :D.

I think though that DD and Secco are going to put a lot of trust in Criscito's shoes, I feel they expect a lot from him and might buy just one new defender to partner Criscito.

What are the skills that should be present in an average left back you've spotted in Chiellini?
    Chiellini has everything a leftback should have. Defends well (hence able as centreback..), is strong, runs like crazy, he's very active,able in offence and can penetrate defences surprisingly well. Chiellini''s a little raw and unpolished, but he's still very young and i'm sure he'll be great for us for a long time to come.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    I'm not saying Barzagli is the ideal choise for our defence. I'm saying that he isn't nearly as bad as he's suddenly made out to be. Barzagli +Chiellini central pairing ... it could have potential, but I think they'd need a lot of time, too much time, to form a great defensive middle. Getting two central defenders would be ideal, one a little older ala Samuel(who i'm not that big a fan of though..) to make place for Criscito in the future and the other one who'll be there for years to come in someone like Alex, Mexes... or Barzagli :D.

I think though that DD and Secco are going to put a lot of trust in Criscito's shoes, I feel they expect a lot from him and might buy just one new defender to partner Criscito.
    Me as well isn't suggesting landing two world-class centre backs, just one world-class defender, provided that we guarantee his consistency. A defender who would partner Chiellini and having the experience to quickly adapt, plus leading the back line i.e. a Cannavaro-like player. I think that Barzagli isn't the proper man for such a mission. The point here is that I see no classy defender we've linked to lately bar Metzelder who will join Real and Cannavaro who has become old. :pint:

Regarding Criscito, I like what I've watched to him so far and I hope he'll prove himself more in the next season.

Dominic said:
    Chiellini has everything a leftback should have. Defends well (hence able as centreback..), is strong, runs like crazy, he's very active,able in offence and can penetrate defences surprisingly well. Chiellini''s a little raw and unpolished, but he's still very young and i'm sure he'll be great for us for a long time to come.
    I completely agree with what you said bar his ability to penetrate defences. Yes, he is strong, defends well, fast, has a high stamina, his man marking skills are good comapred to his age, active, always motivated, etc...but don't you agree with me that all the previously mentioned skills better suit a promising defender not a left back.

A left back is a one who can dribble well with or without the ball, his crosses accuracy is high and first of all he defends well, as defending his the primary mission of any back. Hence, I see that Chiellini may make a good defensive left but he isn't up to par when it comes to his offensive roles.

In fact, I think that the opposite of Chiellini is Balzaretti.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #814
    Then we'll have to agree to disagree about his offensive ability. Chiellini played as left midfielder for Fiorentina so often, because he was so adapt offensively. He looks a little clumsy, but he does it with quality.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Then we'll have to agree to disagree about his offensive ability. Chiellini played as left midfielder for Fiorentina so often, because he was so adapt offensively. He looks a little clumsy, but he does it with quality.
    Anyways, he is still young and he certainly will improve in the near future.

Cheers, Dominic. :pint:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    For all Barzagli fans out here...:eyebrows:

http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/calcio/200717/cmc_108661.html

“Barzagli is playing badly, he's not the same anymore: if he continues to play like this then he can forget going to a big club, especially Juventus - says the rosanero boss - I'll add that I hope he doesn't play the next game for us”
    :lol: Barzagli is shit!

True that. Balzaretti sucks in defense.

P.S. Chiellini is a beast!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)