Juve still after Barzagli! (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I shouldn't be long now! Barzagli is thought to be on the verge of becoming a bianconero according to Torino-based Juve fans in the know. Meanwhile........

Contract talks between Fiorentina and club captain Dario Dainelli have stalled over a disagreement on wages, according to Italian media reports.

The club have offered the centre back a 40% increase upon his current salary, and are refusing to budge, while the player has flatly rejected the offer.

Roma, Internazionale, Sampdoria and Juventus are thought to be monitoring his situation, should he become available.

Rumours are also circulating that Fiorentina could replace him with Lyon centre back Cacapa. The 30-year-old Brazilian has already announced he will not sign a new contract with the French champions.
Eurosport - MF - 11/04/2007 18:23

Again local news from Torino suggests that Juve are in pole position for the 27 year old.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I hope we aren't still after him anymore. Zamparini said the truth, Barzagli this season can't be compared to the one who impressed lots of people (I wasn't one of them) in the previous couple of seasons. Also, he is far from the classy defender who deserved Lippi's trust in the Ukraine's match.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'd take a 100% fit and confident Legrottaglie over Barzagli.

Legro=0m €
Barza=10-15m €

Let's go for a top defender.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I agree, but up till now, we aren't linked to any world-class defender. Do you have another opinion?
no, he's still an average player. :D

I don't know, the teams will keep their best center backs so we have to take a chance on young players or if we take Barzagli then hope he gets back like he was before.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
no, he's still an average player. :D

I don't know, the teams will keep their best center backs so we have to take a chance on young players or if we take Barzagli then hope he gets back like he was before.
Okay, I applaud an average player, provided that he gives his maximum efforts on pitch. :wink:

There are lots of classy defenders in Europe, but we have to pay. Only one top-defender plus Chiellini, Criscito, Boumsong and a hard-worker centre back would be perfect.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If anything, his shitty performances this season will reduce his price drastically, and since Zampa apparently thinks so lowly of him, he shouldn't be hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)