Juve still after Barzagli! (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Canna played good for italy last week. I think his form has more to do with the current Madrid mantality and the tactical setup in spain which seems to leave CB's more exposed than in italy where they are always protected. Canna seems to be scampering around covering holes and then getting caught out and what not. Like his teammates do not know how to lay themselves out on the field properly.

Barzagli is a very good player and can improve alot at Juve. I would not mind seeing Canna back to partner Barzagli for a year or 2 and help bring Criscito through but Barzagli would do well with another experienced defender such as Heinze or Alex or Pepe or Samuel. It is important that we have quality CBs because this is what title winning sides are built on and i feel the directors know that because they talk alot of defenders

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
and how canna was before (and after ) playing in juve?
Cannavaro was world class already at Parma, just like Nesta was at Lazio. Barzagli will never be good like they are, but defenders like Nesta and Canna are not born every day. Barzagli is good, but not a leader.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Cannavaro was world class already at Parma, just like Nesta was at Lazio. Barzagli will never be good like they are, but defenders like Nesta and Canna are not born every day. Barzagli is good, but not a leader.
Word... Players like them come once in a time

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
He´s already 26. He ain´t coming better than he already is. All he can improve is consistancy and experience.

Though I´m hoping I may be wrong.....
TBH, I don't really think because he's 26 he won't improve. Look at Cannavaro, Materazzi, and Maldini. They are all old, but still good. Although, I don't think Barzagli will be as good as them, he can still improve a lot. And yes, I think he does have to improve his consistancy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)