Juve still after Barzagli! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Barzagli Will Remain With Palermo For A Long Time, Promises Foschi

The Director of Sports of the Rosanero is sure that the highly sought after defender will remain in Sicily next season, despite attracting the interest of various big clubs.

Andrea Barzagli is set to stay put in Palermo according to Rino Foschi, Director of Sports of the Rosanero, who commented the latest transfer speculation involving the world cup winning central defender.

"Barzagli will not move from here (Palermo), he will remain with the Rosanero for a long time."

Juventus are tipped to be the main contenders for Barzagli’s season, even though Inter are doing their utmost to sign the play as well.

Foschi also commented the rumours that Capuano is also on his way out of Palermo during this transfer window.

"We have few players in the squad and, right now, we cannot make any outgoing movements of the market."

Goal.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ok let him stay, if he wants to ruin his career, it's his problem.

Juventus has historically been the best club a promising defender could join (and Milan of course).

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We can find other solutions, though I would love to have a hard Italian defender in the squad, a leader something like Canna, Nesta, Maldini or Ferrara in the future.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Palermo enjoy to be in the spotlight and are saying different things every other day. I don't give a sh** what they say. One day Barzagli will go to Juve fore sure, next day he is playing for Palermo until he is a grandfather. It's absurd.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Both Cannavaro and Metzelder would be cheaper than Barzagli alone. Cannavaro will cost us around £4M and Metzelder will be free on the summer, while Barzagli's transfer won't be less than £10M. I prefer Cannavaro and Metzelder afterall. :smoke:

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Barzagli to juve.
We should start spending money not all the players are going to be on a free transfer and if we want to be a force to be reckoned wit in serieA we should start spending money good players dont come cheap Barzagli should be at the top of Secco's transfer list. His a gr8 player and his worth every cent palermo are asking for.
BUY THE BEST NOT THE CHEAPEST!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
fioretrecolori said:
Barzagli to juve.
We should start spending money not all the players are going to be on a free transfer and if we want to be a force to be reckoned wit in serieA we should start spending money good players dont come cheap Barzagli should be at the top of Secco's transfer list. His a gr8 player and his worth every cent palermo are asking for.
BUY THE BEST NOT THE CHEAPEST!
We must make a balance between the funds available and the players we do need to strengthen the squad for the upcoming season.

Secco already said that the funds available is £24M. Also we are going to sell players who aren't efficient anymore like Zebina, in my opinion. Thus, I think that the whole cash maybe raised in that condition to £30M (in condition that we wouldn't sell any of our world class players like Buffon, Trezeguet and Camoranesi).

Do you think that it would be logical to spend 1/3 of the funds available on just one defender? I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)