Juve sound out Smith (25 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Firstly.. I dont love smith... I think hes a quality player , that would fit in well and for that price we cant really go wron.

As for your post roman :

Dont quote at me a post that had nothing to do with the bit i quoted and run away.

I answered one statement :

but Juve policy tells us that we don't bring Britain footballers,exapt few times.

And showed it to be incorrect.

Are you denying you said that??

I have no problem with your opinion at all... i have with that statement.

To finnish the argument all you have to do is either:

Admit it was an incorrect statement

Or

Explain how that statement is in fact correct even though there is no evidence to support it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Firstly.. I dont love smith... I think hes a quality player , that would fit in well and for that price we cant really go wron.

As for your post roman :

Dont quote at me a post that had nothing to do with the bit i quoted and run away.

I answered one statement :

but Juve policy tells us that we don't bring Britain footballers,exapt few times.

And showed it to be incorrect.

Are you denying you said that??

I have no problem with your opinion at all... i have with that statement.

To finnish the argument all you have to do is either:

Admit it was an incorrect statement

Or

Explain how that statement is in fact correct even though there is no evidence to support it
I meant that in last 10 years we don't buy english players.that's what i wnated to say.my bad didn't say it correctly.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Thank you , that wasnt so dificult was it

Though its still a flawed argument as you could say that for many nations if you look at our buying record...

You buy whos available at the time

Ps. Dont mix up english and british please.

Jus for the record i respect your opinion Roman, though i do think it wrong

:)

Pps. prbably be better if you changed the error in your sig

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Thank you , that wasnt so dificult was it

Though its still a flawed argument as you could say that for many nations if you look at our buying record...

You buy whos available at the time

Ps. Dont mix up english and british please.

Jus for the record i respect your opinion Roman, though i do think it wrong

:)

Pps. prbably be better if you changed the error in your sig
Well that's why we are here,to discusse things and to share opionios,which everyone has it's own.we don't have to agree.it's fun like that.
all what matters we all want the best for Juve.

As for my sig,what's wrong with my sig?that Dp already behind his fine days?.....oh common i still love him.:angel:

Sep 28, 2002
aaaaw, paul agrees with other members. :touched:

smith, i love the guy with his passion and commitment on field, but what bothers me that he is not regular with england.
i mean, maybe he is too small for a club like juventus. he could do very well in smaller team, one who would be able to create miracles in europe, i.e. leeds 2000, monaco this year.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
aaaaw, paul agrees with other members. :touched:
Only a couple of em

smith, i love the guy with his passion and commitment on field, but what bothers me that he is not regular with england.
i mean, maybe he is too small for a club like juventus. he could do very well in smaller team, one who would be able to create miracles in europe, i.e. leeds 2000, monaco this year.
He should be an engand regular... I dont know many english people that disagree.

England managers like many other nations pick the players of certain teams or their personal favs meaning others dont get the chance.

Then when they do get a chance... they get a couple of mins and are played out of position.

Nother crime in england is james beatie never getting an opportunity

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well there's no bigger crime than Rooney getting a guaranteed starter spot IMO, don't know how you feel on this paul but IMO he should be way down the queue behind Smith, Phillips, Beattie & Owen at least.

i mean last year Beattie was on fire, and i mean fire but he only got a slight look in, by which time his best form was somewhat past him. Phillips a few seasons ago was phenomenal but he was almost completely ignored.

SGE seems to go on reputations rather than form, which is sad really as it could end up costing us a decent shot at a major trophy this summer..

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I think rooney should be a definate to be in the squad... he could be really useful off the bench... but no he doesnt deserve a guaranteed start.

Biggest crime is the guaranteed place of owen... hes under performed for a long time... at his best then yes... but he gets the spot whatever hes playing like

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I've got no real prob with Owen being in there but yeah the apparent guarantee he has on a starting spot is a bit off. Then again if I were to pick a side right now he'd probably be in it, looks to be coming back in to form at the right time but then its always the case with him.

Rooney, well he'd be a plaer I'd bring on with 5 minutes left if we were 1-0 down, nothing more. He needs to show more in the PL to get more England playing time..or t least thats the way it should be

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I definitely agree with you guys. There's no way Rooney merits a starting spot ahead of players like Kevin Phillips, James Beattie, and Alan Smith. Rooney's way overhyped and overrated.

PS. How old is Super Kev?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Safe :)

and I just remembered, Defoe is another guy that should have more rank than Rooney in the English NT. He scored again today :cool:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Defoe's class. He scored an absolute belter last week. He'd be on that plane to Portugal too if it were up to me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd go a step further and say that I would have Defoe partnering Owen in my starting line-up.
If I were the England coach, I would not even have Owen in my starting lineup. I think he is one of the most overated players in the world, along with Beckham. Same goes for Emile "I don't know why I can never score" Heskey. Instead of Owen, I would most certainly play Alan Smith with Jermaine Defoe.

Aug 1, 2003
Smith is a good player yes but if I remember he's a dirty player - not exactly dirty in terms of tackling or anything, dirty as in evil player. Ah shit, hard to explain

Personally I would prefer if Juve get someone else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)