Juve sound out Smith (1 Viewer)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Smith?
Plz no!plz!
We are JUVE for god sake!
we are not a mid-table EPL team!!!

Bring in some world class players,with some record and expirience.at least italians if they young and unexpiriend.

Players like Vieri,Gila,Morientes,Drogba...those kinda a guyz who can fit Juve,PLZ NOT SMITH!
even if that's only 6 milion.waste of money.

Don't get me wrong i think he is a good player,but not for us.
not the right Calibre,not for such club as Juventus.

IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
I think Smith is more than fit to play in any league he wishes. He's probably underestimated since he plays at Leeds, but anyone who has watched that team play would realize how much quality this guy has got. Take a risk on him.....why not....That's what you've got to do to get a deal and hopefully he'll pay off. Heck he can do just about anything Nedved can and he can even dribble!!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
I think Smith is more than fit to play in any league he wishes. He's probably underestimated since he plays at Leeds, but anyone who has watched that team play would realize how much quality this guy has got. Take a risk on him.....why not....That's what you've got to do to get a deal and hopefully he'll pay off. Heck he can do just about anything Nedved can and he can even dribble!!

agreed :thumb:

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
I agree with you mate

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why not? Smith has an excellent workrate and he's a very talented youngster. For 6m I'd definitely take him but at this stage Gila would be better. I still like Smith though, and helping Leeds would be a nice thing to do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would NOT put Smith in Nedved's role; he is not a true playmaker that we need. Putting Smith in that role would be even worse than putting Del Piero there. Smith does not have enough creativity for that spot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There is.........Nedved's spot. Nedved hasn't been doing his best lately and Smith is a wild card that could be used in his place or as a striker. He's also good on the wing as well.
It doesn't make sense getting Smith to play as a midfielder or winger when he's clearly better upfront. We have Kapo and Maresca for Neddy's position, and the likes of Van der Vaart, Rosicky, Deco, Diego are all on the market.

Jul 19, 2003
Yes, he IS better upfront, but he can do it all, in case we're in situation like that against Deportivo La Coruna.......when half of the team was injured.

Anyway.......if he comes in, Di Vaio had better start producing again or his a$$ will be nailed to the bench.

Jul 19, 2003
Anyway, I'm for signing Smith along with a target-man to replace Trez.......maybe Cisse or Drogba!! After that we can get a really good playmaker or maybe even a couple.......pray to God that Camo plays well and fix the defence.

I'm sure the next coach will realize that and do a better job than me.....but I just can't wait till he takes over, whoever the hell he is!! :fero:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Smith and Gilardino in for Di Vaio and Trezeguet but would nice, but it won't happen and that would make for an awfully young strike force.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Alan Smith isn't half the striker Trezeguet is. He is okay finisher but little technique. I would hate to see Smith wearing a bianconeri shirt. Surely Di Vaio is better. What happened to Gilardino or even Morientes and or Cavaneghi. These 3 would surpass Smith in every aspect of the game. Premier league players can only score against premier league defenders!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)