Juve sound out Smith (5 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Anyway, I'm for signing Smith along with a target-man to replace Trez.......maybe Cisse or Drogba!! After that we can get a really good playmaker or maybe even a couple.......pray to God that Camo plays well and fix the defence.
Cisse's on his way to Liverpool, but as I said, Smith and Gila, Morientes or Drogba in for Trez and DYO would be nice.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
Smith?
Plz no!plz!
We are JUVE for god sake!
we are not a mid-table EPL team!!!

Bring in some world class players,with some record and expirience.at least italians if they young and unexpiriend.

Players like Vieri,Gila,Morientes,Drogba...those kinda a guyz who can fit Juve,PLZ NOT SMITH!
how is drogba or gilardino better than smith? they only started to shine this year, while smith became known when he was 19.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

how is drogba or gilardino better than smith? they only started to shine this year, while smith became known when he was 19.
Omg man just look what Drogba and Gila did and what Smith did,even if he is in Leeds.
Whatever you say,he got potential...and all the stuff,IMO he is NOT FOR JUVE!

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I TOTALLY Agree if Smith joins Juve:eek::angel::cheesy::cool::strong::extatic::touched::excited::thumb:

My favourite Striker is finally playing for my favourite club!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i don't think smith is a player juve need,and drogba is just wrong for me.i've always been sceptical about his abilities.

gila and morientes would do nicely:)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Alan Smith isn't half the striker Trezeguet is. He is okay finisher but little technique. I would hate to see Smith wearing a bianconeri shirt. Surely Di Vaio is better. What happened to Gilardino or even Morientes and or Cavaneghi. These 3 would surpass Smith in every aspect of the game. Premier league players can only score against premier league defenders!!!

Sorry.....but that is biggest bullshit........Hubner is 2X better than Trez, and that makes Smith 4X better striker than Trez. He has everything that Trez doesnt....work rate,dribble,speed,determination,off-ball movement..........
Guy is great and if we leave Gila in Parma....he should be our main striker.

Aug 1, 2003
SHIT MAN!!! God, I can't believe this - god!! PLEASE don't get alan smith, please please please :sob:

ps : sorry sidz, I know you're a big fan but I just don't like him. How's supporting norwich coming along? :D

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
ps : sorry sidz, I know you're a big fan but I just don't like him. How's supporting norwich coming along? :D
would be better if Akmal Rizal join Norwich:p:D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

Omg man just look what Drogba and Gila did
So what exacxtly thats so special did they do??

Drogba had a good season in a weak league and a reasonable euro run

Gilar had one good season in serie a

Nothing overly impressive from either.

Thats not to say i wouldnt want gilar at juve cause i think hes a great talent... not drogba though.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Well actually i think it even can't be serious.
i think Juve will never bring such player to be our main striker...ENGLISH,Got no expierince,too young...
well maybe only to be a 5th striker.but for 5th striker it will be a waste for the club and especcialy for the player.because he can be a starter in other English team.
And that IMO will happen.
Team of a good class in England,like Newcastle,Liverpool,maybe even MU.
Not for Juve,really i don't even see it serious.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

Iirc I got this one from Nick: it's not what a player HAS done, but what he IS doing, and right now Drogba and Gilardino are doing more than Smith.

As far as I know, Drogba is a member of the French Ligue 1 team of the year and has been scoring freely in the Champions' League and the Uefa Cup, not just Le Championnat.

Gilardino on the other hand is still an Italian U21 player and even so has scored 20+ goals this season. I'm not taking anything away from Smith, but MY OPINION is that Drogba and Gila are better players and would make for better signings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)