Juve sound out Smith (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Juve sound out Smith
Juventus are the latest club to sound out Leeds striker Alan Smith. The Turin giants are reported to be ready to pay £6m for the England striker. It was only a few days ago that Smith claimed he dreamed of playing for the Old Lady.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/angloangle.html

Brilliant, I simply love Alan Smith. His workrate is almost frightening. I just love how he'll be in a goal scoring opportunity one moment, and in his own box making a saving tackle in the next. Love him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
smith is brilliant :thumb: but he's english....and i cant think of an english player that has done well in italy except for john charles, and he's not even english.

too risky, no? :scared:

Tomer

May 3, 2004
i dont think it would be right to bring in smith'

wtf is wrong with juve stuff' dont they want some trophy next season?
buy some good playmaker rosicky' vdv' diego 'but no

i think even inter will play better then juve

Tomer

May 3, 2004
smith doesnt fit in ' the only player that i would like to see in juve from england is veron'
they should grab him from chelsea

Tomer

May 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
for £6m, to be fair, how can you go wrong?
better buy bonera or ferrari for 6 m
edit : i saw the seria a match between inter and parma' and i saw bonera in action for the first time' he is not so good' the only cool defender in parma is ferrari '
rather buy trabelsi or' mexes'

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tomer ] ++
smith doesnt fit in ' the only player that i would like to see in juve from england is veron'
they should grab him from chelsea
oh please... an overpaid old man that hasnt performed in 4 years... thats a real step forward

how exactly a hard working , pacy, skilled young guy who can play as striker, support or in the mid doesnt fit in i dont know

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004

better buy bonera or ferrari for 6 m
edit : i saw the seria a match between inter and parma' and i saw bonera in action for the first time' he is not so good' the only cool defender in parma is ferrari '
rather buy trabelsi or' mexes'
Signing Trabelsi would be a very good thing for Juve...The man is doing very well with Ajax and he can handle the right flank well

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

oh please... an overpaid old man that hasnt performed in 4 years... thats a real step forward

how exactly a hard working , pacy, skilled young guy who can play as striker, support or in the mid doesnt fit in i dont know
exactly my words. IMO veron is done.

I would prefer a young guy for the future, than veron.

Tomer

May 3, 2004
veron doesnt fit in english league'
thats my point' smith should stay in england '
but if he wanna to sit on the bench for a year or two i dont mind to see him in juve sitting on the bench '

there is nothing wrong wit juve attackers'
the probs are our defenders'
and lame ; qualityless mids like tacchi ' appiah'

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
veron doesnt fit in english league'
thats my point' smith should stay in england '
Why should he stay... If he wants to go try himself in another country, why shouldnt he??
No one can say a player will fail or succeed 100% ... you have to wait and see.... personally i see him fitting the italian game better than the english game

The majority thought veron would rip up the epl with ease when he went to manu... but no hes been a complete failure

but if he wanna to sit on the bench for a year or two i dont mind to see him in juve sitting on the bench '
No ones saying he walks straight into the starting line up... though i dont think he would sit on the bench for long.

there is nothing wrong wit juve attackers'
the probs are our defenders'
We all know we need defenders... this thread isnt about that and buying alan wont effect whether we buy defenders or not.
Plus if trez (and poss dv) leave... we will need forwards as well

and lame ; qualityless mids like tacchi ' appiah'
Appiah is young and has only been here one season... plus the presure of having to fit in for davids... give the kid a break

As for tacchi... he has a lot of qualities and with a decent player next to him in the mid he is one of the most important parts of this team over the last years... etc etc... Go and ask on curva scirea what the fans think of tacchi

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Smith admits Juve desire

Leeds United striker Alan Smith has hinted he would welcome a move to Italy, after admitting supporting Juventus as a youngster.
The England international, who is set to depart Elland Road in the summer following their relegation, has already admitted his is tempted by a move abroad.

Smith has always admired the quality of the forwards in Serie A and often watched the likes of Roberto Baggio and Alessandro Del Piero showcase their talents.

When asked who the Rothwell-born star pretended to be in the school playground, he told The Fa.com: "When I was a bit older it was Alan Shearer, but before that I was always Roberto Baggio or Alessandro Del Piero. They were two of my favourite players.

"I always liked Italian players, probably because Gazza was over there at that time and Italian football was all the rage when I was a kid. I was a Juventus fan as well as a Leeds fan when I was growing up."

Meanwhile, the 23-year-old has stated battling against the drop has not affected his game, in fact he has thrived on the additional responsibility he has been given.

"It's not affected me at all, to be honest," he added. "To some extent, it's helped me because I've had more responsibility and people look to me now in every game to be the best player.

"In a team that's struggling, you obviously need to try and play well every single game and I think I've consistently been able to do that."

With Euro 2004 fast approaching, Smith is confident he will be on England's plane to Portugal this summer despite strong competition for places in Sven Goran Eriksson's squad.

"I think I've got a good chance and I'd love to be there," he concluded.

"This season I've played the best football of my life, especially over the last few months. Hopefully it's come in time to get chosen for the Championship."

Source from SkySports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)