juve snub angers miccoli - miccoli speaks out (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep1h.html

Juve snub angers Miccoli
Wednesday 1 September, 2004

A disappointed Fabrizio Miccoli has blamed his shock Juve exit on the presence of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Between the two of us, the club decided to sacrifice me," said the new Fiorentina signing on Wednesday.

"I’ll take nothing with me from Turin. I would have no hesitation in taking a penalty against them if given the chance.

"Do I want to return? I don’t know. I’m now just thinking about Fiorentina, a club who I said yes to in just 10 minutes."

The former Perugia star joined the Viola last night in a co-ownership deal after Juve signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic. And the attacking sensation admits the switch surprised him.

"I really didn’t expect this seeing as Ibrahimovic is very different from me," he continued.

"I also spoke to director general Luciano Moggi yesterday morning and he told me to stay calm – then Fiorentina arrived.

"Some may think this is a step back for me but it isn’t. Staying at Juventus and not playing would have been useless for me and the team."

Miccoli also admitted that he would have liked to join home-town club Lecce but he’s happy with Fiorentina.

"Lecce was a desire of mine but I’m very satisfied with the Viola," he revealed. "They are a club which will allow me to push for a place in the national side.

"I’m happy with the strength of the squad and I think we will be battling to win a place in the UEFA Cup.

"I’m enthusiastic about the new campaign and I have already spoken to boss Emiliano Mondonico."

serves juve right. i do wish he takes a penalty against us and scores. itll prove what a mistake it was. for 3M!?!?!?!?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)