Juve sign Italy defender Legrottaglie !!! (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/story/0,1273,-2809028,00.html

Thursday June 19, 2003 4:56 PM

(Updates after Chievo confirm deal)

MILAN, June 19 (Reuters) - Italy defender Nicola Legrottaglie has joined Serie A champions Juventus from Chievo.

The 26-year-old central defender, who has been part of Giovanni Trapattoni's Italy squad since making his debut against Turkey in November, completed the deal on Thursday, Chievo said on their website on Thursday.

As part of the transfer, young Juventus-owned players midfielder Matteo Paro, defender Daniele Gastaldello and forward Giuseppe Sculli move to Chievo in a co-ownership arrangement.

Italy Under-21 striker Sculli played in Serie A with Modena last season.

Legrottaglie began his career with Bari but had to work his way through the lower divisions before making his Serie A debut with Chievo in 2001.

The defender becomes 27-times Italian champions Juve's second signing of the close season following the arrival of midfielder Manuele Blasi from Perugia.

Striker Fabrizio Miccoli, loaned out to Perugia last season, will also be part of Marcello Lippi's squad next season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    From Football Italia:

Juventus sign Legrottaglie Thursday 19 June, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have officially completed the signing of Chievo defender Nicola Legrottaglie.

The Flying Donkeys have today confirmed that the Italian international has been sold to the Turin giants.

Chievo will receive around £5m in cash plus part ownership of striker Giuseppe Sculli, who spent last season at Modena, midfielder Matteo Paro and defender Daniele Gastaldello.

The Italian champions made their move for the stopper after his proposed switch to Roma collapsed.

-S-

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    from juventus.it :::

La Juventus acquista Legrottaglie
    19 06 2003
    La Juventus Football Club comunica di aver acquistato dall’ A.C. Chievo Verona il giocatore Nicola Legrottaglie per un valore netto di 7,1 milioni di euro. Al Chievo è andato inoltre il 50% dei giocatori Giuseppe Sculli, Matteo Paro e Daniele Gastaldello. Legrottaglie ha sottoscritto un contratto di cinque anni e sarà presentato alla stampa domani mattina alle ore 10.30 al Centro Sisport di Corso Unione Sovietica 295 a Torino.

from juventus.com :::

Another new player for Juventus 2003/04. The club has announced the Nicola Legrottaglie’s bought from Chievo Verona. On Friday morning at 10.30 the presentation at Sisport Center.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    So we loaned out Paro, Sculli and Gastaldello. No surprises there - they need some more experience anyway and they weren't going to get that in Turin this season now were they?

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
    It would be much better if we could get rid of fresi as the initial deal was,but never mind that's wonderful news.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    NO i dont think so... i just only hope that we will have them in the future, if they become very good players,

but why they didnt loaned olivera?? maybe they are planning to use him right?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Another new player for Juventus 2003/04. The club has announced the Nicola Legrottaglie’s bought from Chievo Verona. On Friday morning at 10.30 the presentation at Sisport Center.

The profile of Nicola Legrottaglie
    Nicola Legrottaglie is surely one of the revelations of those last two seasons. Twenty-seven years old, the defender from Gioia del Colle (Bari) became famous at Chievo Verona and now arrives to Juventus.

Really astonishing his career. After some seasons between Serie B and C1 (Pistoiese, Prato, Chievo and Modena), in November 2001 arrives the debut in Serie A, during the Verona derby. He gathers 13 caps and 2 goals in the first year. The one over is one of his best seasons: 30 caps and 4 goals in Serie A and the debut with Italy. On 20th November 2002 he debuts in “blue” against Turkey. With Italy he has played 5 games, scoring against Switzerland.

Legrottaglie: press announcement

Juventus Football Club announces to have bought from A.C. Chievo Verona the player Nicola Legrottaglie for a global value of 7,1 millions euros. At Chievo goes the 50% of the players Giuseppe Sculli, Matteo Paro and Daniele Gastaldello.

Legrottaglie subscribed a five years long will be presented on Friday morning at 10.30 at Centro Sisport at Corso Unione Sovietica 295 in Turin.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    So we loaned out Paro, Sculli and Gastaldello. No surprises there - they need some more experience anyway and they weren't going to get that in Turin this season now were they?
    No we gave 50% of them to Chievo. I don't think they wuolul be playing in the first team anycase but co-propriety is different from loan.

Grate 4 Legrottaglie, but I hope not to loose the young players especially Paro.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    yeah what happens if the players we sold 50% of become really good??? then we have to rebuy the other 50%, hope Moggi did the right move. the deal seemed pretty expensive, lego must be really good.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    yeah what happens if the players we sold 50% of become really good??? then we have to rebuy the other 50%, hope Moggi did the right move. the deal seemed pretty expensive, lego must be really good.
    He is :)
    But right, to give 50% of a young player is a risck...
    I don't know that mutch about Gastaldello and I think that Sculli is good but not amazing if not he wuould exploded this year like Miccoli did, but I have the feeling that Paro can become a grate player. Anycase Chievo is a team who usually help players to give their best, and if this young guys explode both the half will become more expensive so it is a good deal 4 both Juve and Chievo. Then we can choose to sell them to a tird team and get the money or if we wont to rebuy them it will be easy to take them out from Chievo, cause Chievo cannot compeate with Juve when talking about money.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I don't know much about Paro but, hell, his volley was unbelievable against Mexico.:eek:. Even the Mexican goalkeeper had a look of disbelief in him.:D.
    I agree with Mate.:).
    I haven't seen Sculli much, beside highlight footage, but if he was that good, he would have been typed of by the media. The probablitiy is that he is decent (since he starts for the Azzurini) but nothing special. Beside, we have Miccoli, and Oliviera (who has shown potential against Chievo) already in the team. Even Trez is only 25, and has many good years left him. (Somewhat subjective matter, since many will say Trez is useless.;)). Beside, we can always buy Torres or Cave or some good striker if Miccoli and Oliviera doesn't work out, and we are financial solid enough to source extra striker if we need to. In that sense, 7m Euro for Legro is pretty good deal since it saves up some cash for other potential use. Also, if Sculli does have breakout year, we can always buy out other half, which would be cheaper than buying Cave or Torres.:). So basically, if Sculli improves dramatically, then we have cheap alternative striker, and if he doesn't then it is hardly a great loss since we are pretty much covered as it is. Beside, we also have the alternative, as Mate correctly mentioned, to sell him to third party if he has a good year and we don't need him. Overall, it is pretty good deal as long as Legro can adapt and play well which I am sure he will do.:). Perhaps Moggi is saving some cash for Mexes, or Cave?;). Let's hope so.:D

Jul 28, 2002
    if roma get mexes im will be seriously pissed, i wudda let em have lego if we could have got mexes....plz a lego mexes partnership would be amazing....PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ, if he goes anywere else, arsenal, but not an italian team especially not roma.

But anyway....lego, i hope he will be a great rock for a defence..p.s moggi has dun it agen, takes the piss out of roma and sensi by stealing a player form under there noses, again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)