Juve Risk Losing Camoranesi (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
02/25/2003. Verona have told Juventus that unless they complete the signing of Mauro Camoranesi, they risk losing the player completely.

The Bianconeri own half of the Argentine but have yet to negotiate successfully with Verona for the other half.

"If Juventus don't make their move soon then I will be forced to consider my options," Verona chief Giambattista Pastorello said.

"I respect Juventus and for that reason I'll continue to wait but there is a limit to everything. I am ready to reach an agreement with them as Camoranesi deserves such a club.

"But they must get a move on otherwise I could go elsewhere and offers certainly aren't lacking."

Pastorello flew out to Manchester with Juve for talks last week, but no deal was reached.

Shit Juve has to do something. This player is like a bomb!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
United check on Camoranesi
Posted by Sarah | Wednesday, February 26 2003

MANCHESTER UNITED are the latest club to check on Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi. The Italian international impressed manager Sir Alex Ferguson in the Champions League games between the two clubs over the last month.

Camoranesi moved to Juve in the summer from Hellas Verona when the Turin side bought half of the player.

However, Juve are yet to agree terms on the remainder of the player and they are in danger of losing him.

United are by no means the only club to have noticed the Argentine-born star, with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Roma and Internazionale also monitoring his situation.

The player's agent Federico Pastorello confirmed that there has been some interest in his client.

"I have heard about interest in him. There has been a lot, he is a great player," Pastorello told planetfootball.com.

The Italian agent also revealed that Camoranesi had caught United's eye in recent weeks.

"I know Sir Alex Ferguson was impressed with him in the way he played," he continued.

"He is playing very well and Juventus do not want to lose him."
Pastorello explained that if Hellas and Juve cannot agree a deal, then the future of the player comes down to a blind auction.

Both Hellas and Juventus will lodge bids with the Italian FA, and then the highest bidder will secure the player's other half.

However, Pastorello confirmed that it would be in Juve's best interests to secure the player before the end of the season.

"If another club wants him, then Hellas could decide to deal with them," he continued.

"This would be dangerous for Juve, as he has been so good for them. As it stands they still have the option and I would think they would still look to complete a deal.

"They do not want to leave it for the auction, because it could cost them a lot of money, or they may not get him at all as he may end up back with Hellas - who will then sell him elsewhere."

United are looking around the world for new talent and Italy would seem to be their favoured scouting ground at the moment.

The continued speculation surrounding Ryan Giggs's future, has seen him linked to Italy constantly - particularly with Internazionale.

Inter are again being linked with a fresh bid for Giggs, with the possibility of using a player in exchange.

Various alternatives have been suggested in recent weeks and months, with the newest being a possible switch for Adriano.

The Brazilian forward is currently with Parma, although Inter own half of the player and expect him to be at Giuseppe Meazza from the summer.

It seems unlikely that United would accept anything but cash, if indeed they decided to sell Giggs - which also seems questionable at this stage.

The chances of Adriano leaving Italy at this juncture seem doubtful, as he himself has stated in recent months about his desire to play for Inter.

Source: Planet Football @ Feb 26, 2003

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
i don't mind loosing him ,,,
Ohhh u would rather prefer Zambo or Zenoni on the right???
C'mon Camo is brilliant, he haves pace, techinique he can dribble, pass and even score. Only Zenoni and Zambo cloned can be that good

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
C'mon Camo is brilliant, he haves pace, techinique he can dribble, pass and even score. Only Zenoni and Zambo cloned can be that good
Yeah, but Camo is not irreplacable, and to spend the money on him and thus not have it for a defender is a bad idea.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

C'mon Camo is brilliant, he haves pace , techinique he can dribble, pass and even score. Only Zenoni and Zambo cloned can be that good
1-he is not pacy but because he is short he looks like that
2- he dosen't pass a lot he is really selfish ,,,
3- he keeps asking for money all time and he has been here for 6 months .
4- we can buy anyone else i am not saying that zenoni is better .
5- he is good player and we need him if that what u were saying ,, what i said that let us replace him .

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Yeah, but Camo is not irreplacable, and to spend the money on him and thus not have it for a defender is a bad idea.
the money involved is in the region of 5-6 mil not alot for a player or camoranesi's calibre imho.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
the money involved is in the region of 5-6 mil not alot for a player or camoranesi's calibre imho.
That depends on what Juve's financial situation really is...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
imo moggi will just come to a compromise....verona deserve more money for camo but they can't hold onto their half anyway so they'll probably sell at 1-2 mil less...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)