Juve - Queen of Europe! (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
UEFA are marking their Golden Jubilee with many events, including establishing the 50 best European players of the past 50 years, from a set of 250 nominated players.

The team with most nominated players is Juventus having 33 players who wore its shirt. Milan and Inter follow with 29 and 19 players respectively, while only the Spanish teams could hold the pace of the Italians with 23 players for Real Madrid and 17 for Barcelona.

----------------

BTW This is IMPORTANT:

To vote go on www.uefa.com, you get to vote for 10 players from each 5 eras. However in the last era there is in the goalkeepers section a certain Barthez but there is no Buffon! :eek: In my eyes that is blasphemy so what we can do is this...

After you voted for the 50 players, you are given a 'jolly vote' that is you vote for someone who you think should have been in that list. IMO we should all vote for Buffon cos the other big names players are there.

So is everyone with me? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    I actually just noticed there is no Nedved either :eek:

On the other hand there is Brolin...*gosh*

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Brolin was class. Anyone remember that free kick in WC94? When Brolin was in the wall, one player ran over the ball, another made it look like he was going to shoot, but he passed to the right of the wall, Brolin got it and scored one on one against the keeper. That play was class :cool:

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Alex - Peruzzi?

Goat yes he was good but there were better midfielders in these past 10 years, including Nedved.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
    Where did you get this stats? Are you sure Juve have most candidates?

Here's the list of Juve players copied from somewhere else:

1954-1963(5): Altafini, Sivori, Charles, Boniperti, Hamrin
    1964-1973(5): Zoff, Del Sol, Anastasi, Haller, Boninsegna
    1974-1983(6): Gentile, Rossi, Tardelli, Bettega, Boniek, Brady
    1984-1993(8): Cabrini, Kohler, Scirea, Laudrup, Altobelli, Platini, Schillaci, Rush
    1994-2003(10): Thuram, Davids, Deschamps, Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Baggio, Vieri, Vialli, Henry

In total it's 34:D

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    UEFA are marking their Golden Jubilee with many events, including establishing the 50 best European players of the past 50 years, from a set of 250 nominated players.

The team with most nominated players is Juventus having 33 players who wore its shirt. Milan and Inter follow with 29 and 19 players respectively, while only the Spanish teams could hold the pace of the Italians with 23 players for Real Madrid and 17 for Barcelona.

----------------

BTW This is IMPORTANT:

To vote go on www.uefa.com, you get to vote for 10 players from each 5 eras. However in the last era there is in the goalkeepers section a certain Barthez but there is no Buffon! :eek: In my eyes that is blasphemy so what we can do is this...

After you voted for the 50 players, you are given a 'jolly vote' that is you vote for someone who you think should have been in that list. IMO we should all vote for Buffon cos the other big names players are there.

So is everyone with me? :)

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Of course he has time, but Buffon was present between 1993-2003 especially last year so i don't see why he shouldn't be there. Just like Nedved.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    peruzzi would get my vote in any goalie poll..sorry buffon fans but he was better
    He was better at his peak, but Buffon still has some way to go before he reaches his.

That being said I really loved Peruzzi.

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know, guys. To me, Peruzzi was never that great. He always seemed to get the job done, but he never had great shot stopping ability like Buffon, or good footskills like VDS. He just seemed undistinguished to me.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    he had a distinguished career if thats worth anything...
    No team in the modern era could win a european cup without an excelllent keeper. I suppose that means Peruzzi was an exceptional keeper, maybe it was just his modest style that confused me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)