Juve pre-season matches (27 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Tale of two styles IMO. First half we sat back in that ridiculous 4-4-2 zone marking bullshit where our 2 strikers just walk around and we defend 8 on 10.

Second half we were pressing more and forcing turnovers. I liked that. Our ideas going forward are still pretty shit when Del Piero isn't involved. I don't like these aggressive long passes and one-touches we're trying, it results in too many turnovers.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Milan had all their stars out, we had our full team - we lost the game

That's all that needs to be said - Speaking of tactics, positions, underperforming players is pointless - Milan beat us with a NOTHING team

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
They were missing Ibra, Silva and Pato.

Seedorf, Abbiati, Abate, Boateng, Nesta and Gattuso are all starters. Cassano is a strong player as well. It wasnt exactly a C team they had out there.
Is was their B team vs our A team. The three players you mention are absolutely World Class - the type of players Juve doesn't have

Joe

Dec 20, 2009

That's all that needs to be said - Speaking of tactics, positions, underperforming players is pointless - Milan beat us with a NOTHING team
Way to over exaggerate. Ibra, Pato, and Silva were missing.

Milan have a more complete team than us, we are missing a CB and a LW. Vidal was playing as a LW, and Bonucci played awful. Give us a great CB and LW, and give Milan their Ibra, Pato, and Silva and I think we still would had a competitive match.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
reading through the posts after the match it strikes me how negative people are. what do they expect of juve at this point? we have a new coach, and half our team are new players. They have to get some time to gel, and learn to play like the coach wants to. This was just a training match against the best team in italy, at their home turf. we lost, but the result hardly matters. What matters is if we learn from the mistakes, and continue to improve.

There are some positive things from this match. After a shit first half, the team plays much better in the second. Clearly conte knows something, and has influence and authority over the players to make them improve. Pirlo will give us confidence and creativity in mid this year, and lifts the team.

I agree though that we are missing some players, but its not like marotta and conte doesnt know that. I have confidence they will bring in the players we need.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Way to over exaggerate. Ibra, Pato, and Silva were missing.

Milan have a more complete team than us, we are missing a CB and a LW. Vidal was playing as a LW, and Bonucci played awful. Give us a great CB and LW, and give Milan their Ibra, Pato, and Silva and I think we still would had a competitive match.
Not at all exaggerated - if Milan had those 3, we would have most likely lost by more - besides, Milan is still trying to complete their team this mercato - they have the same excuse.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Did you see how much better we played when we had a proper LW out there?

If the intensity we played with in the second half was present in the first we would have won.

Mark my words, we'll beat Milan in the next encounter, if we play correctly next time. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

People like you disgust me

we had a massive overhaul, have to fit in all these new players, got vidal who is just here for a few days, still need to complete our lw and cb

and you complain that we lost in a friendly, against the reinging serie a champions, at their home turf, because they missed 3 players ?
cassano playing instead of pato or ibra anyway ?

you really should have supported inter, they are all idiots like you

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
People like you disgust me

we had a massive overhaul, have to fit in all these new players, got vidal who is just here for a few days, still need to complete our lw and cb

and you complain that we lost in a friendly, against the reinging serie a champions, at their home turf, because they missed 3 players ?
cassano playing instead of pato or ibra anyway ?

you really should have supported inter, they are all idiots like you
Where did I try to personally offend you?

Maybe you should insert a chill pill through your cavity and see how you go?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not to blame, but to point out about our mistakes so far. As you saw, I didn't ask for his resignation.

If you like the way we've been playing, then good for you.
New team new manager new ideas
No! I do expect more! but given the time he and the new players spent here and given the fact its just pre season meaningless friendlies I do look at positives and negatives and while there are negatives I`m not sure its his tactics that should be blamed and dont forget we are not complete yet for this season as we are still missing a CB and a LW which could change a lot

I agree that if you take our team as they play right now we are not good enough
I see us as the 4th best team in Italy right now
If we buy a good CB and a good LW it could change to 3rd

Anyway with the budget we assumingly have I expected us to do more. So if I want to blame someone I rather blame Marrota.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where did I try to personally offend you?

Maybe you should insert a chill pill through your cavity and see how you go?
you are like cronios, with a quarter of his intelligence, and allways finds ways to crap down on juventus, that offends me.

we are rebuilding to become third.

we lose a fucking friendly, and here comes all the crap.

vidal, probably our best transfer, is here for a few trainings and the last game against milan. he'll need time to adapt to the tactic so he can replace marchisio
we are still working on a cb and a lw, wich will really complete this team. we will also easely finish top 3

seriously, if we changed from number 7 to beating the serie a champions on their home ground, with a completely new team and coach

well, eighter we bought half of barcelona, or we'd have the new mourinho as coach

this is a new team that needs time to gell, and made alot of improvement. the second half was a good display, and we should consider it progress

but retarded inter fans like you fail to see that, and only note we lost to the serie a champions

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Ah OK. Fair enough.

I still liked the way we looked in the second half though. There has been an improvement over last season IMO but we need the right personnel in two key positions. This sudden Krasic scapegoating has me puzzled as well.
Krasic IS the weakest link at the front atm, at least in my opinion.
Conte's strategy is pass pass pass and Krasic sucked at those. Not Sissoko-sucked but he just doesn't have that vision needed to become one of the main threat to the opponents.
Also notice how Conte likes that long balls to wingers and it works when Vidal was there but Krasic failed to finish it tonight. Krasic simply lacks composure and finishing skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)