Juve pre-season matches (4 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is anyone else less and less worried about Napoli and Roma this year? More so Roma, but I can't help but feel that Napoli last season was a fluke.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Is anyone else less and less worried about Napoli and Roma this year? More so Roma, but I can't help but feel that Napoli last season was a fluke.
Ur on ur own here. Napoli are strong. Let's hope thay have a prolonged run in the CL, otherwise they will challenge hard in Serie A. Roma look shit, but they usually start slow.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ur on ur own here. Napoli are strong. Let's hope thay have a prolonged run in the CL, otherwise they will challenge hard in Serie A. Roma look shit, but they usually start slow.
I just don't think Roma will have much to give this season, not convinced by Enrique. Still, with Napoli...the only superstars they have are Hamsik/Cavani and we know Hamsik is consistent but can Cavani do a repeat of last year...either one of them go down with an injury they will be in trouble. I think Napoli will compete for the top 4, but for the title? No way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cam, there is always reason to worry about Napoli, but the issue with Napoli is that due to their somewhat thin bench, all of their starters have to be firing on all cylinders week in and week out.

Roma is in the middle of a rebuilding project, so I am not personally too worried about them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
therein lies the big problem when trying to gauge Napoli.

They are eventually going to have to figure out what is more important to them.

A good run in Champions League, or a good run in Serie A.

I personally feel that they don't have the depth to do both.

They will have to manage a balancing act throughout the course of the season, and determine whether it is better to go for broke in the CL and let the chips fall where they may, or give minimal effort in CL, and go all out in Serie A, becuase who knows what that landscape will be like this coming season. I'm sure that they don't want to be in a position to give up their chance for competing in CL next year as well, because they let their Serie A ambitions slip.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Don't get fucking carried away with what you see in these matches. If you think these sort of performances are a genuine reflection of what we'll see throughout Serie A, you have not been following this stuff long enough.

Logic, trends, and common sense usually win out in the end.
True. :tup: Very well said. We dominated this tournament 2 years ago and still finished 7th. We are the 7th best team in Italy until proven otherwise.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cam, there is always reason to worry about Napoli, but the issue with Napoli is that due to their somewhat thin bench, all of their starters have to be firing on all cylinders week in and week out.

Roma is in the middle of a rebuilding project, so I am not personally too worried about them.
Even our depth is bigger and better than theirs. And we are only playing in the league, there shouldn't be any reason to worry about then. Like I said, stop hamsik and cavani and they wont be contenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)