Juve pre-season matches (89 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont know if we were looking that terrible on the field, but the jersey surely looks terrible.
I m particularly interested on our left flank, do you think our issues there are fixable, by the addition of vargas?

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
I really hate this formation. 2 strikers standing up front doing nothing to help the team is 1950s football.
It doesn't have to be this way, nothing wrong with the formation. It offers defensive stability and cover all over the field. It's our fault that it isn't working for us. Look at Manchester United play and tell me how many times you've seen Berbatov, Rooney or Hernandez just standing there on the edge of the box not doing anything. You won't see such a thing. Instead they drop deeper offering an option for a pass, dragging opposition defenders out of position and always involving themselves in the biuld-up play. That's the way it is supposed to be. Now tell me how many of our current forwards tend to do that?

I'm not comparing us to United, I'm just giving an example of a working 4-4-2, which we should emulate should we be sticking to this formation.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Utd use a 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid when they play, the later when they lose posession.

either way, there's usually 3 in midfield and it's build from there both through the middle and along the wings.

All we do is long ball and wing-play, pathetic :disagree:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
didn't you guys notice that we only play high long balls, when pirlo wants to change the wing we attack and starts an counter attack? in all other situations we play the ball low and fast which its definitely contes handwriting.

Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont know if we were looking that terrible on the field, but the jersey surely looks terrible.
I m particularly interested on our left flank, do you think our issues there are fixable, by the addition of vargas?
I watched only the first half and from some 20 attacks we had, only two came from the left side. We hardly even tried to attack from there. Despite all that, those two attempts were even more dangerous that our attempts to attack from the right so I wonder why we don't use the left side.
On the right Licht and Krasic were combining excellently but the last touch was bad (Krasic's crosses and attempts to dribble). On the left side though DC didn't even try to cross the midfield line and only in the two counters the ball was delivered to Pasquato. When we had possession the ball was always going to Licht and Krasic, never to Pasquato.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Utd use a 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid when they play, the later when they lose posession.

either way, there's usually 3 in midfield and it's build from there both through the middle and along the wings.

All we do is long ball and wing-play, pathetic :disagree:
Yeah, Sir Alex uses more than one approach/formation and that is the way it is supposed to be. I was talking about the way their forwards play when they use a 4-4-2. I didn't say they play this formation all the time.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Running definitely isn't a special ability, it is the minimum requirement from a football player! In defense of Krasić though, Messi is also predictable and pretty much one dimensional, yet he is unstoppable for Barca! Somebody mentioned Robben also, he is spot on.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It doesn't have to be this way, nothing wrong with the formation. It offers defensive stability and cover all over the field. It's our fault that it isn't working for us. Look at Manchester United play and tell me how many times you've seen Berbatov, Rooney or Hernandez just standing there on the edge of the box not doing anything. You won't see such a thing. Instead they drop deeper offering an option for a pass, dragging opposition defenders out of position and always involving themselves in the biuld-up play. That's the way it is supposed to be. Now tell me how many of our current forwards tend to do that?

I'm not comparing us to United, I'm just giving an example of a working 4-4-2, which we should emulate should we be sticking to this formation.
Your analysis is correct - we simply have lazy forwards

May 22, 2007
Running definitely isn't a special ability, it is the minimum requirement from a football player! In defense of Krasić though, Messi is also predictable and pretty much one dimensional, yet he is unstoppable for Barca! Somebody mentioned Robben also, he is spot on.
"One dimensional" in that you know he'll dribble around you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)