Juve pre-season matches (49 Viewers)

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
We have been shit for 3 seasons. Last year we played a shitty 4-4-2 and finished 7th. This year we are playing the exact same way and are still shit.

This is a knee jerk reaction? You guys seem to think we are Barca and just having a run about in preseason. We have been shit for a long time. If we are not seeing improvement even in preseason what gives you so much hope we will improve so drastically when the season starts?
So you basing the shitness of this season over preseason games?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Are you basing an opinion on a couple of friendly games? Or you just think a style of play is created within a week?
In none of the games we played we tried to press high in the field to regain possession quickly.You doesn't need a whole year to teach that.
Keeping possession is another story, i reckon it's difficult to install that kind of system, But in all our preseason games, there was no glimpse of that. Half of our team is so limited technicaly that a simple 4m pass is an achievement for them.

But the brilliant doom mongering and over analysis over this meaningless, training ground run is hilarious. Same predictable members with same predictable comments.
:yawn:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
For the ppl that want to see instant impact and change of play. If we see significant change by December then we will be lucky. Don't read anything into it, just a friendly.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So you basing the shitness of this season over preseason games?
Yes. And the season before. And the season before.

You guys seem to be so confident we're amazing when there is not even a single ounce of proof. Like Cheese said, we haven't even held possession or pressed at all.

I guess we will turn into Manchester in these next 2 weeks until the season starts though.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Why do you keep going on about possession football when Conte's teams do not play like that?
It's not me who keep going about that, It's Conte who's been talking about that saying that we'll keep possession, We love the ball in our feets, we'll try to regain it as quickly as possible....
My system is all about pressing high in the field.... Srsly, Did you see any ball pressure today or in any game ??

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
In none of the games we played we tried to press high in the field to regain possession quickly.You doesn't need a whole year to teach that.
Keeping possession is another story, i reckon it's difficult to install that kind of system, But in all our preseason games, there was no glimpse of that. Half of our team is so limited technicaly that a simple 4m pass is an achievement for them.
And how do you know we are not aiming for this style of play? Do you get to visit Juve's trainings recently? You can't accuse Conte of not trying to teach such style of play only because you haven't seen it in the first couple of friendly matches. In training is easier done than in an actual match, be it a friendly. It takes time for everyone to learn his new position and movement and it takes even a greater deal of time to get the whole team work as a one.

Conte aims to create a fluid system, a team acting like one with heavy pressing and posession football. Even with the right players it may take some time to achieve that.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's not me who keep going about that, It's Conte who's been talking about that saying that we'll keep possession, We love the ball in our feets, we'll try to regain it as quickly as possible....
My system is all about pressing high in the field.... Srsly, Did you see any ball pressure today or in any game ??
I saw signs were there in other games but fitness levels are lacking to execute it properly. We've lost one game all pre season and we're in a bad way? I'll wait till the season starts and we have got full fitness and a full squad before I go jumping off a cliff.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm just curious what everyone is seeing that is giving them reasons to be so optimistic.

"People say the same shit every year, blah blah blah". Ya they do. Some people say, "wow we're still shit" and others say "just wait until the season you idiot!"

Boom. 7th place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)