Juve pre-season matches (95 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Even when a player is not pushing him, he always seems to be making an emergency pass

His lack of composure and control in the CM means our team is never settled with the ball meaning in the long run he is putting the team under pressure even if it's not clearly a direct result of his actions on the ball
:lol: "In the long run..."

The guy rarely EVER misses a pass. This has to be the strangest argument yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
More so because as CM in 4-4-2, he receives possession more often with his back to his opponent (from defenders to start build up etc) on central of the field, when you are most vurnelable to get physically pressured/challenged, and he generally is physically too weak/off balanced to consistently deal with that pressure. We seen him in 4-3-3's or as fake winger, where he cuts in or moves more off the ball off the sides, that he isnt as exposed there, and can receive balls more facing forward, or generally is in less contested zones then the absolute centre of the field.
I think I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. It sort of puts the dagger in the heart of those saying he can play anywhere across the midfield in a 4-4-2, though. In a central row he's awkward, and in a winger he's near useless.

Do we need to switch to a 4-3-3 to accommodate him?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
More so because as CM in 4-4-2, he receives possession more often with his back to his opponent (from defenders to start build up etc) on central of the field, when you are most vurnelable to get physically pressured/challenged, and he generally is physically too weak/off balanced to consistently deal with that pressure. We seen him in 4-3-3's or as fake winger, where he cuts in or moves more off the ball off the sides, that he isnt as exposed there, and can receive balls more facing forward, or generally is in less contested zones then the absolute centre of the field.
So a MF in a 4-3-3 never receives the ball with his back towards defence? You're kidding right

Marchisio is just not good enough

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
All players should help, and not all should DEFEND and no, I'm not kidding.
How do you help defend without defending.

"Hi honey, I will help you clean the kitchen but I won't clean the kitchen."

Barca's strikers win the ball more than their defenders.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
thing is with krasic, ive seen him too too too many times do the same shit over and over again...i stopped hoping he can change things up..i just hold out hope that his crosses land in a useful area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)