Juve pre-season matches (50 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wingers shouldn't defend, they should just track back to help out a bit. It's defenders who should defend, and Lich got owned because he's slow.
Licht got owned because he is slow and Krasic was still trying to figure out how the man got passed him again. Wingers are meant to attack but its insanity to think they shouldn't help defend...and tracking back and containing your man is defending...he hasn't being doing that and as a result Licht's speed is becoming a problem...all the more reason krasic needs step it up the second half and help out his RB.

Teams don't defend with 4 players, all 11 out there help.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Funny you say this. Was thinking as much during the game. His balance is poor. He also needs to put on some muscle or something, he's always getting shrugged off or brushed over.
More so because as CM in 4-4-2, he receives possession more often with his back to his opponent (from defenders to start build up etc) on central of the field, when you are most vurnelable to get physically pressured/challenged, and he generally is physically too weak/off balanced to consistently deal with that pressure. We seen him in 4-3-3's or as fake winger, where he cuts in or moves more off the ball off the sides, that he isnt as exposed there, and can receive balls more facing forward, or generally is in less contested zones then the absolute centre of the field.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Yeah, sure. Now we are experimenting... :disagree:
And the first friendly against a proper team is the perfect time to show what we've been training in the summer. Look at all the other real teams. I mean stop with the 5 billion excuses already. we are playing like shit, against a team we should be beating with our eyes closed. Not only that - we have one shot on target and people here are talking about the game being 'unimportant'... Yeah!!!
The game doesn't matter and betis are twice as acclimatised to each other as our team. There's no training programme on earth that's a viable substitute for actual football, this being or first test.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #2,491
    Licht got owned because he is slow and Krasic was still trying to figure out how the man got passed him again. Wingers are meant to attack but its insanity to think they shouldn't help defend...and tracking back and containing your man is defending...he hasn't being doing that and as a result Licht's speed is becoming a problem...all the more reason krasic needs step it up the second half and help out his RB.

Teams don't defend with 4 players, all 11 out there help.
    Real Madrid and Barca beg to differ.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    the kid is just 21 years old, Giovinco had the same stats at 21 years of age and we all called him great prospect, atomic ant and other shit
    i think giovinco had better stats back then, but it does not matter really. i would prefer montero over giovinco, because montero does not seem to be a whiny bitch that uses the first opportunity to lay down like a blonde bimbo. montero seems to have a better balance and that is what i like, but still having so few assists and goals in 32 games is not the greatest feat. it could just be a case of some primera division zarate. i guess foreigners would be liking zarate too when they see him play.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Funny you say this. Was thinking as much during the game. His balance is poor. He also needs to put on some muscle or something, he's always getting shrugged off or brushed over.
    Even when a player is not pushing him, he always seems to be making an emergency pass

I do watch him closely. That is just his style. When he starts making mistakes and puts the team under pressure on a consistent basis, then criticize him.
    His lack of composure and control in the CM means our team is never settled with the ball meaning in the long run he is putting the team under pressure even if it's not clearly a direct result of his actions on the ball

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    he did nothing wrong today, one missed pass, that doesn't warrant critics.
    Let's criticize Krasic, Bonnucci, Licht those were poor.
    exactly...im still waiting for him to actually do something wrong. Boy, can you imagine the server will go down when he does actually make a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)