Juve pre-season matches (8 Viewers)

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I don't get all this CB talk after the game. Barzagli messed up, but Chiellini and Bonucci did pretty well together.

We've much more serious problems up front or do you think we we were dominated because of the CBs?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't get all this CB talk after the game. Barzagli messed up, but Chiellini and Bonucci did pretty well together.

We've much more serious problems up front or do you think we we were dominated because of the CBs?
We need a CB, simple as that.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I actually think Bonucci was pretty decent in the 2nd half. Barzagli though, was pure crap as per usual.

LW, SS and CB. In that order.
I would put the LB in front of the CB, but we know Juve will not get a new one...

LW and SS? As long as we do not get two guys like Bastos and Rossi... we need at least one creative to fill the great gap we have in the offensive phases.

Neoexodus

Jul 24, 2011
I just registered after reading what you guys wrote. I think you are underrating our players quite a lot. We lost that match because of various factors but none were due to any player, they were all badly done tactical approaches.

Our defence line was sitting away too deep. No way you can do that against a 4132 or any other offensive minded formation. Its guaranteed failure. Another disastrous thing was the space between sector. You had Pirlo and Pazienza sitting in front of an already deep defense and 2 striker playing on the last defenders shoulder hoping for a good through ball. Either that or expect Krasic or Marchisio to do that transition by themselves because if they moved 2 meters from their position they would have no other option rather then a sprint towards the line and attemp a cross to the area. In here 2 thing: 1) Marchisio is not and will never be a winger. Its a waste of time trying to make him play there. He may be superb against Val di Susa or that other team we played against, but against an organized side he is average in that position. 2) Krasic is too on-dimensional, by this i mean that he is too predictable. He always makes the same dribble and attempts the same run expecting to beat the defender with his speed. Sporting understood that and placed Rinaudo + Evaldo and sometimes Yannick whos speed matches the Serbian.

Another thing, probably, Conte said to Quag and Matri to to what they did, trying to play in a quick counter-attacking style. He could do that, but he should also know that if the team has the ball they should have passing options and not just "bomb" balls to whatever side they are turned to. A team like Juventus has enough quality to play a smooth passing game, we don't have to play like that. Or better, we or about any other team just can't work with such deficient tactics. Just look at the second half, Del Piero came in and started to play a deeper role to get the ball and help building up. Even if it was a sloppy passing game (again tactics and processes are still way to poor, we can't start this season like this) we played much better football and had advantage over Sporting.

One last point that were terrible and that none seem to acknowledge: Pressure. Ours was non-existent. We would let Sporting get to our area over and over again and all the team was just sitting there waiting for something to happen. Again, no1 can do that nowadays, its suicidal.

I seriously hope that Conte was just experimenting with tired players because tactically we were a disgrace and could get more then 3/4 passes without losing the ball. Again, this isn't due to players but to a bad tactical approach as i already said, so stop that "we need a CB, a LB and a SS" we have a good squad we just need the right guidance.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Friendly or not, I saw nothing that provides promise for the upcoming season.

We desperately lack creativity. DP at almost 40 is STILL our most dangerous weapon. He still has all the class on the ball.

Players like Rossi, Bastos, Vargas are a must, an absolute must. These players are dangerous with the ball at their feet and all have a great shot on them. We cannot hope for a Xavi or Messi or Ronaldo, these players will do the job well.

Silvestro, although not technically gifted, showed promise simply because he ran hard and tried hard, though he is still not good enough other than a sub.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I was at that joke of a game last night, and I can personally tell all of you that this team, led by Antonio CAN'T-e, is no fucking different that DUMB Neri's team of last season

We were promised an attacking 4-2-4, and what we got was a clumsy 4-4-2, with longballs being the fucking flavor of the night

And CAN'T-e is already coming up with excuses about 42 degree heat. When the whistle blew to start the game, it poured like hell, and the temp went down to a comfortable 25....I'm surprised he didnt use the rain as an excuse as well

We looked awful..... couldnt cover on set pieces, and had defensive lapses that made Sporting look like Barcelona FFS !!!! Did I mention the longballs, and the lack of creativity by the midfield an offense ???

What made matters worse for me, besides being poured on and watching a live replay of last season was the fact that I was surrounded by Sporting fans, and one family in particular next to me. They had a 15 year old son named "Justin" who screamed every 5 seconds (no lie). By the 30th minute, I wanted to push Justin down the stairs. I wasnt sure if I should get him a drool cup or a prozac at halftime. You can see just how shitty my night was......

The only bright spot was DP scoring in the second half...otherwise, I am sorry I spent my money on such a shit product. Now I know why the stadium was half-filled, and why there werent many Juve fans there.

CAN'T-e is going to go the way of another legend, Ciro Ferrara, who will be remembered more as a flop of a coach here, and not for his great playing years

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was at that joke of a game last night, and I can personally tell all of you that this team, led by Antonio CAN'T-e, is no fucking different that DUMB Neri's team of last season

We were promised an attacking 4-2-4, and what we got was a clumsy 4-4-2, with longballs being the fucking flavor of the night

And CAN'T-e is already coming up with excuses about 42 degree heat. When the whistle blew to start the game, it poured like hell, and the temp went down to a comfortable 25....I'm surprised he didnt use the rain as an excuse as well

We looked awful..... couldnt cover on set pieces, and had defensive lapses that made Sporting look like Barcelona FFS !!!! Did I mention the longballs, and the lack of creativity by the midfield an offense ???

What made matters worse for me, besides being poured on and watching a live replay of last season was the fact that I was surrounded by Sporting fans, and one family in particular next to me. They had a 15 year old son named "Justin" who screamed every 5 seconds (no lie). By the 30th minute, I wanted to push Justin down the stairs. I wasnt sure if I should get him a drool cup or a prozac at halftime. You can see just how shitty my night was......

The only bright spot was DP scoring in the second half...otherwise, I am sorry I spent my money on such a shit product. Now I know why the stadium was half-filled, and why there werent many Juve fans there.

CAN'T-e is going to go the way of another legend, Ciro Ferrara, who will be remembered more as a flop of a coach here, and not for his great playing years
:lol:

You should have flashed Justin your badge and told the retarded douche you'd take him to the slammer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)