Juve pre-season matches (1 Viewer)

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
I love the sudden positiveness you guys rock.

Now with a month left on the transfer window, I'd expect more buys please.

Del Piero showed his class, El capitano's class is ageless.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I love the sudden positiveness you guys rock.

Now with a month left on the transfer window, I'd expect more buys please.

Del Piero showed his class, El capitano's class is ageless.
i believe we will buy more no problem with that. Its also obvious that Conte could care less about the score he is playing around with positions and personnel to make final decisions

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Second half was a much better performance.

Bonucci should start over Barzagli every time, but we still need to sign an experienced CB. De Silvestro looks very lively and promising, I Wouldnt mind seeing him in the first team playing a few games next season. But we definitely need an LW, easily the most important position for us next season.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Second half was a much better performance.

Bonucci should start over Barzagli every time, but we still to sign an experienced CB. De Silvestro looks very lively and promising, I Wouldnt mind seeing him in the first team playing a few games next season. But we definitely need an LW, easily the most important position for us next season.
agree 100% vargas?

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Del Neri, is that you on the bench? Where's the high pressure, possession and offensive game bullshit? I really hope this is just a bad start, because Conte has too much things to work out...

And Barzagli is a god. Only him to allow the worst portuguese player to make such a goal. :delpiero:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Del Neri, is that you on the bench? Where's the high pressure, possession and offensive game bullshit? I really hope this is just a bad start, because Conte has too much things to work out...

And Barzagli is a god. Only him to allow the worst portuguese player to make such a goal. :delpiero:
I noticed the lack of pressing from our players, I hope this was because our players arent match fit enough to do it over a whole game.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
So I just got home from the game, will give a little recap:

Right off the top, as a couple of you have already said, seeing ale score (and an incredible goal at that) was absolutely amazing. They aren't many players even close to him when it comes to class, he just exudes it in every sense. Following the final whistle, all the players from the center off the field clapped to the fans, but ale took a step further. He jogged to each corner of the pitch, to clap and wave to each section. Truly a special player and captian. It was also interesting to him beeing quite vocal throughout the game, yelling paticularly at marrone and giandonato. You could tell he was frustrated

As for the game it self, I know you shouldn't take much from friendlies, but here is what I saw. The team tonight looked no different what so ever to that of Del Neri. You could argue that the wingers were playing a little higher up, but not by much. It was obvious they were trying to keep possesion, but failed miserably. The cb's would exchange possesion, send it to a cm, and like last year, the ball would make its way out to the wing, and the team is stuck.

The defense wasn't bad, but certainly wasnt great either. It is hard to say who was better between bonucci and barzagli partnering chiello (who played the full 90). Licht and ziegler are looking to have settled well, both putting in decent halves. It does not like there will be much over lapping from the fullbacks at all under conte however. Licht would push up behind krasic, but never beyond him.

The mid partnership of pazienza- pirlo got absolutely run over in the first half. I know vidal will make a huge difference there, but what happens if hegoes down? We need some type of "destroyer" to play next to pirlo or pazi. Attacking wise, pirlo was quite good, swinging some typical pirlo passes out to krasic, who himself had a few good crosses. Krasic was ok, but is still getting double teamed often, and is stuck to the sideline, leaving no room for licht to attack beside him. Marchisio on the lw was a fucking joke, as was martinez on the right wing in the seconf half. De silvestro showed some nice flashes second half, but that is often the case with skilled players in friendlies. However, seeing conte use de silvestro on the lw really made question why giovinco couldnt be used there. After dismissing it as paper talk, I now actually believe that conte wanted him back.

Qaug and matri didnt have much service first half, and really didnt have any clear cut chances. Toni showed some good effort, but that was about it, and of course Ale was his typical self showing asome moments of magic

As I said, the team as a whole looked scarily similar to last years. Obviously conte hasnt had much time to influence the team, but they look unbelievably static. It is still obvious that a skilled playmaker is required, whether through the lw or as a ss. There is just no one who can open up their own space on the pitch when the rest of the team isnt moving

overall a good expeirience. Attendance was pretty shit at only 10000 though, but I think that can be blammed on the rather high prices

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Relax guys it's only our first proper friendly against good opposition. I have faith in Conte, give it time, he knows what is required. The boys wouldve been tired too IMO after a hard week of training, Conte even said they were looking tired. A couple more moves in the market and we will have a decent squad. Screw the friendlies, screw the Berlusconi trophy, etc etc, What's important is that we start well in Serie A.

Sep 14, 2003
Just saw very brief highlights of the game, so can't really comment too much, except to say just how beautiful Del Piero's goal was. Didn't expect great things in our first proper pre-season game. Besides, it will take some time to put right Delneri's mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)