Juve players you hate? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Utterly stupid, innit? At most, I could conceive a fan hating a former Juventino who'd not leave loyally (everyone's de facto excluded) or an hopeless player (everyone has a part to play however)...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

I don't agree with u Elnur. Zidane's deal was great but the milions we spent on nedved - buffon - thuram. that was crazy we should get them with much cheaper cost :)
Yeah, but that was before the "market crash", remember? :)

Everything was "expensive" in 2001.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Indeed. But do you really believe Zidane's world record transfer wasn't already a sure thing if not officially way before the record signings of Buffon and Nedved were unveiled? I'd guess so, knowing our boards antics and the money at stake. That makes the original statement "am happy Juve sold him and got better players from the money they made by selling him (incl. Nedved and Buffon)" relevant and its response merely a pompous precision.

Exactly.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I don't think I'd be able to hate any Juve player.
Camo sometimes makes me nervous, but that's not the reason to hate him.

Fliakis, why do you dislike Emerson?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002

Indeed. But do you really believe Zidane's world record transfer wasn't already a sure thing if not officially way before the record signings of Buffon and Nedved were unveiled? I'd guess so, knowing our boards antics and the money at stake. That makes the original statement "am happy Juve sold him and got better players from the money they made by selling him (incl. Nedved and Buffon)" relevant and its response merely a pompous precision.

yeah i believe that coz they promised buying these players ( thuram , nedved , gigi ) at the end of the season , what actually happend is that madrid gave them offer that they can not refuse !!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

yeah i believe that coz they promised buying these players ( thuram , nedved , gigi ) at the end of the season , what actually happend is that madrid gave them offer that they can not refuse !!
True, even if you had Maradona at his Best, you can't refuse that amount of money

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
OK, tell me if I didn't read you correctly here, but you actually believe that it was first intended we'd not sell Zidane and that in the meantime, we'd still buy Buffon, Nedved, Thuram and Salas, for a transaction over €120m? Then you don't know the clubs ways! Juventus are a profitable enterprise, it just isn't in their politics to buy big without selling big. The quartet was brought in to compensate the sales of Zidane and Inzaghi --or thanks to, whichever way you prefer. But one thing's clear though, from the boards own admission, they were never meant to play together and one category determined the fate of the other.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Obviously we'd never have bought all those players had Inzaghi and Zidane not left.

A couple years down the road,i think we can all see that the board's decision then to change the core of the team has paid tangible dividends.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
I don't like Zalayeta. Such an unattractive player. I'm hoping DP and Trez come back soon so I don't have to watch him anymore..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Valid point.

Though, I'd actually only put Nedved's purchases 100% under the catagory of "payed by Zidane."

The reports that Juve signed Buffon was well before Zidane signed with Real Madrid. Don't you think it's a bit of a gamble that Moggi assumed everything will be set and done with Zidane? I'm sure he had some sources to back Buffon's deal up incase the Zidane sale fell. At that point we had just signed a huge deal with fastweb. While you may claim that Juve always balance the book, it's also clear that that transfer campaign wasn't a typical one by juve, and thus 'tradition' shouldn't be valued as highly in the argument.

About Buffon, I think Moggi expected to get a lot more money out of VDS (not 33m, but maybe 15m). That's why it took a while for him to sell him.

Salas was payed by Kovecevic.
Thuram was payed by Inzaghi.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Utterly stupid, innit? At most, I could conceive a fan hating a former Juventino who'd not leave loyally (everyone's de facto excluded) or an hopeless player (everyone has a part to play however)...
I no longer see how you can 'hate' someone you don't know. Dislike, that's fine, but not hate.

OP
GRK

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

True, even if you had Maradona at his Best, you can't refuse that amount of money

You never know. At the end of last season, Real offer Milan alot for Nesta (I don't remember the exact figure, but at least 50M Euros) and Milan refused.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BigGe7 ] ++

You never know. At the end of last season, Real offer Milan alot for Nesta (I don't remember the exact figure, but at least 50M Euros) and Milan refused.
    When the day comes that Milan will need some Cash they'll sell him, they didn't need money last year and before as their squad is full of stars

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Yeah, but that was before the "market crash", remember? :)

Everything was "expensive" in 2001.
    yes i know transfers were crazy those days.but still we broke the records of paying those money.
    I mean no one even paid half of the price we paid for buffon for a goalkeeper before.same for thuram.nedved?maybe that was not that bad deal eventhough he was close to 30's or was he?
    I hate it when i see players like Kaka - ronaldinho - diego - giuly joined the other clubs for much much less money.how could we miss those transfers:frown:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)