Juve Player of the Season: 2006-7 (1 Viewer)

Juve player of the season [2006/2007]

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Nedved

• Balzaretti

• Zanetti

• Camoranesi

• Del Piero

• Palladino

• Urbano

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 26, 2004
Say what you want and be sarcastic but he was our most reliable defender and I think he is safely developing for a starter in Serie A and lot of members will agree with this.

I've watched 70% of our games during the season, still I wasn't impressed with his performance as I were expecting much more of him.

He may develop into a solid option by time, but he really needs improvment for now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's a bit premature to call this historic season in Serie B already over with, but I think we have a lot to get started with as the season winds down.

What I propose? We all solicit nominations for the Juve player of the season. From the lot, we'll then create a poll and put it up to voting.

Some initial thoughts about some players thus far...

Buffon - Surprised that he stayed. Was always better than we could have hoped for in Serie B, and there were quite a few matches where he kept us hanging on to all of the points almost singlehandedly. But there were a number of games where he was a non-factor too.

Birindelli - Not my first choice for our back line, but then look at the state it was left in after the summer transfer window. The old guard stepped up big, playing perhaps some of his best Juve ball in years.

Chiellini - Another highlight on the hurting backline, Chiellini seemed to steer more away from his whining days at Fiorentina and helped out the squad when it needed it in playing either centerback or wingback, making some key crosses, making some key stops.

Camoranesi - Say what you will about his reluctance to play in B, Camo put in some major matches for us this season.

Nedved - What more is there to say? The guy was a never-say-die engine behind our ball control and movement. Helping matters, as opposed to under Capello, was more freedom to play behind the fordwards instead of on the left wing. Always played with guts and heart. And as the season wore on, proved himself as worthy of historic Juve stripes and loyalties as just about anyone on the squad.

Palladino - Some rough patches earlier on, but with time and experience he became a versatile option that lended credibility to our attack...whether playing on the wing or as a true forward.

Del Piero - The leading Serie B scorer, loyal to the Old Lady to the death, fired up as our captain to ensure his teammates wouldn't suffer a let-down in B ... what more needs to be said? He also had some of his healthiest streaks for Juve for some time...

Other noteworthy performances I may be missing here?
Zanetti deserves a mention in this list. His consistent and dynamic performances in the first half of the season were very impressive, with some man of the match performances back to back. He also won us a a few games in a row, if I remember correctly. Second half of the season has been less impressive though, due to lack of actually being fit for at least one game.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I'd definitely say Balzaretti has been quite essential for us. While not always rock solid in defense, his assists have been crucial for us.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Zanetti deserves a mention in this list. His consistent and dynamic performances in the first half of the season were very impressive, with some man of the match performances back to back. He also won us a a few games in a row, if I remember correctly. Second half of the season has been less impressive though, due to lack of actually being fit for at least one game.
:agree: Very true. He has been our best central midfielder, he deserves a mention. What do you think of Chiellini?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I agree but his injuries give him negative points. Hopefully now that he's back he'll be able to put out some good performances.

As for the poll, there's already Del Piero named among the players, is there a need to make a poll anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)