Juve Player of the Season: 2006-7 (1 Viewer)

Juve player of the season [2006/2007]

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Nedved

• Balzaretti

• Zanetti

• Camoranesi

• Del Piero

• Palladino

• Urbano

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's a bit premature to call this historic season in Serie B already over with, but I think we have a lot to get started with as the season winds down.

What I propose? We all solicit nominations for the Juve player of the season. From the lot, we'll then create a poll and put it up to voting.

Some initial thoughts about some players thus far...

Buffon - Surprised that he stayed. Was always better than we could have hoped for in Serie B, and there were quite a few matches where he kept us hanging on to all of the points almost singlehandedly. But there were a number of games where he was a non-factor too.

Birindelli - Not my first choice for our back line, but then look at the state it was left in after the summer transfer window. The old guard stepped up big, playing perhaps some of his best Juve ball in years.

Chiellini - Another highlight on the hurting backline, Chiellini seemed to steer more away from his whining days at Fiorentina and helped out the squad when it needed it in playing either centerback or wingback, making some key crosses, making some key stops.

Camoranesi - Say what you will about his reluctance to play in B, Camo put in some major matches for us this season.

Nedved - What more is there to say? The guy was a never-say-die engine behind our ball control and movement. Helping matters, as opposed to under Capello, was more freedom to play behind the fordwards instead of on the left wing. Always played with guts and heart. And as the season wore on, proved himself as worthy of historic Juve stripes and loyalties as just about anyone on the squad.

Palladino - Some rough patches earlier on, but with time and experience he became a versatile option that lended credibility to our attack...whether playing on the wing or as a true forward.

Del Piero - The leading Serie B scorer, loyal to the Old Lady to the death, fired up as our captain to ensure his teammates wouldn't suffer a let-down in B ... what more needs to be said? He also had some of his healthiest streaks for Juve for some time...

Other noteworthy performances I may be missing here?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
I think we still have to see who gives more in this last part of the season.

So far Pavel Nedved and Alex Del Piero, both have moved all juve fan worldwide, both played with such a corage and with the anger we all have this season in every game. They played like tifosi, and that is fantastic.

Pavel has been important in terms of football and specially in this hard season his " never give up" way of playing has been more important than ever.

Alex is the heart of this team, is become juve´s face more than ever and I believe for ever. He had achieve his 200th goal and reached bonipertti, entering in Juve´s history. Even in serie b he has become a truely leggend having a great year.
I cant even imagine what could have happened If alex had gone....

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
The real competition is between DP & Buffon.
Camo played fantastic, but only these recent games therefore I would place Nedved infron of him because of his consistency in all the game he plays.
Gigi I can't remember when did he underperform! He gives his best on the pitch, making incredible saves, motivating and all that. I give him highest credit & honouring him the most from all of our players because of his performances several years backwards! But when it comes to this season only I must say my choice goes to DP!:heart:
This term I saw quite moves that reminded me in his best years!:touched:
The goal agains Pescara, when he send the first defender for some cigaretes & the otherone for matches. And he shot in the corner where the GK didn't expected. He even fooled me I was looking in the oposite corner...
And fst! Isaw the ball hitting the net in the otherone. It's a wonder how intelegent he is and how quickly he puts classy solutions!

I say all
king Ale! One of the greatest...

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    To Midzata's post, I too am leaning most heavily in the Nedved camp right now myself.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    He isn't just a man who has the heart of a lion, he isn't just a true veteran and he isn't just a blonde arrow, he is a man who has Juventus deep inside his heart.

He is Pavel Nedved.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
    Copmaring Nedved's form from last year with the one this year &
    copmaring DPs form from last year with the one this year,
    DP did improoved much much more, maybe that's why I more leaned to him.
    Nedved plays similar like Gigi, only in midfiel:D I think the Diference is that he has a bit more pressure & gets huge ball posession considering with the other squad membrs and yet he rarely makes mistakes.
    I'm so lucky we have these three guys in Juve. I have nothing but love for them

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    urbano- all though many dont know he has scecretly been using his magical powers to influence all of our teams wins he is always there always on the pitch, he even scores all of our goals he just so good and so fast we cant see him and without his magic juve would be nowwhere.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    on a more serious note i think that its been either Del piero or nedved each will crucial goals and always trying on the pitch best young player with a bright future tho is definetly Palladino!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)