Juve Material !! (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
lol! I did not even realise this thread does exist as I asked this question years ago that what the hell does Juventus material mean?

Anyways judging by the timing of Paul's opening of this thread that is in dec 06, we had been relegated at the time and in 1 of his posts he does say "present day scandal" it is kinda obvious where his leanings were on the subject at that time.

Then again he may have done extensive research and found out that we were indeed set up and doing something about it but then again he may be sticking with his original opinion

I had a girl say to me that I am not husband material, i wonder what she meant by that.

Having said that there are some players that you say belong to certain clubs.

With Juventus that type of player is very talented but also very hard working. Players like Dp, Nedved, Camoranesi and indeed Deco come to mind.

Players like Ronaldinho would not be appreciated by everyone at Juventus but would be at Milan as his tricks and flicks would be leave the Milan fans salivating but the Juventus fan would be moaning about his lack of tracking back or hard working.

I guess a free spirit would not be appreciated by Juventus where everything is geared towards teamwork and a talented striker like Cassano and Zlatan would be liked in patches but they would also be demanded to have the personality of Dp as well.

A player that demands a free role is another frowned upon by Juventus fans as someone like Totti would not be appreciated like he is at Roma where they like their entertainers as much as they like their winners.

Some clubs demand to be entertained, some like Juventus just demand to win and this is not being specific as some juventus fans want to be entertained as well but in general the fans would rather a hard working talented player like Nedved to a God-giving talent like Zidane whereas Milan, Barcelona, Man united, Real Madrid etc would prefer the latter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I think id disagree slightly there.I dont talk for all Juventus fans,and what i say could be compltley wrong,but the people on the forum atleast are crying out for creativity and some degree of freedom.I think a player like Totti(i dont mean Totti literally,just a player who plays in his position) would be welcomed with open arms here.Juventus fans have probably,and i repeat,i could be wrong here,become tried of seeing hard working players that function like machines only.I think people would prefer a creative genius like Diego much more than someone hard working like Gerrard.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Yes Salman, they are crying out for creativity but not the kind of creativity that would be totally dependent on 1 player.

They would like him to be a functional creative player not a wayward genius that can beat a team on his own.

I might be wrong but fans on here would rather Nedved than Zidane at Juventus. I am not saying they think Nedved is better but they would prefer him to Zidane because of his work ethic and all of that.

We like our players to be working class rather than having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Some clubs indulge players because they know what they would get outof him if he is pampered. I dont see Juventus as 1 of those clubs.

Like Bes just pointed out we would get the player to suit our style unlike teams like Barcelona, Milan etc that would possibly set the style to suit the player.

If we got Diego or whoever do you think we would give him a free role or would be expected to fit into what we already have?

I am not a Tiago fan whatsoever but he is on a hiding to nothing at Juventus as now way would they change the system to play to his strenghts and that is whay he would always look worse than he actually is which is not great in the 1st place

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Denco and Bes are probably correct as far as being dependent on one player is concerned,and yes,if someone like Diego was purchased,he would most likely be asked to fit within the system than to change the system according to his strenghts.But then again,this leads us back to the system.The current system does not accomodate a creative player that well either.So you would have to make some alterations in your system if someone creative needs to be played,or,you'd need to find a creative player who's an ideal match for your system.Thats hard IMO.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Maybe, but he is cemented in Tuscany for years to come...We must focus on Giovinco, and we must creat the system that fits him...4-3-1-2 cos on the other hand he will go to waste... a don't see a creative palyer in Ruineri's 4-4-2 next year... :(

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Blog: The Healing Game
This new Juventus have impressed to such a degree that James Horncastle questions whether the Old Lady really needed Calciopoli to prosper

Who would have thought after seeing their dominance undermined by allegations of refereeing favouritism that Inter would have Juventus, and Alessandro Del Piero, to thank for effectively clinching the Nerazzurri's third consecutive championship success? Is this a cruel twist of fate or more evidence of a new Old Lady who, after being wronged, is resolved more than ever to prove herself not only dignified and honest but worthy of respect on the pitch?

Listen carefully to anyone associated with Juventus and their language has changed. They use words like 'sacrifice', 'determination' and 'pride'. Claudio Ranieri talks about having a dream while the new President, Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, has said: "We give ourselves the objective of being sympathetic and victorious. Transparency and teamwork are the order of the day."

Underneath the niceties though, it is clear that an acute sense of vengeance has driven the Bianconeri to a remarkable third place. Last year David Trezeguet tried, clumsily, to hide his resentment at enforced relegation, saying: "We are a team that suffered something we did not deserve. Serie B has reinforced our mentality. We are not angry – we are stronger." If not anger, Juve, as if starved from their time in the wilderness, have shown an insatiable hunger to reclaim their place as Italy's top club.

Despite well documented technical deficiencies in midfield, the spirit presiding over a group of hardened Calciopoli survivors and new eager-to-impress youngsters has made Ranieri's side into an irrepressible outfit. Every man, no matter what the pecking order in the squad, is working for the team. The Bianconeri have scored 18 times in the last 15 minutes of their matches and eight of those have arrived from players coming off the bench.

What is more incredible is that hardly any of the club's summer signings have worked. The team's current success is largely derived from those who navigated the Bianconeri out of exile last year. So if Juve can achieve so much with those remaining after the departures of Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson, Gianluca Zambrotta, Lilian Thuram, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira, might we call into question the true 'power' of Luciano Moggi?

The current scoring charts also lay doubt at the doors of those who believe that Juventus needed help from officials – Trezeguet 15, Ibrahimovic 14, Adrian Mutu 14 and Del Piero 10. Would a Juve that had the potential to muster 53 goals after just 23 games be dependent on refereeing verdicts? Let's not mention La Gazzetta's revised League table that put Juve above Inter if officials had made correct decisions.

Whether you view the last couple of years in the Turin club's history as just or unjust, Juventini and Italians can be proud at the sporting manner in which Juve have conducted themselves on their return from purgatory.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:touched: Juve material, DNA, whatever you wanna call it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)