Juve made bid for Lucas Leiva (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
ahmedz said:
1. Would Lucas be better than Marchisio or Paro?
2. Is Genkov a better forward than Palladino or De Ceglie?
3. we should give our Primavera players a chance to prove themselves

1. Yes, he would.

2. Yes, he is.

3. No, we shouldn´t. They are crap.:toast:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
d.nico said:
They said he is defensive central midfielder.

When you talk about defensive skill none of above player are world class. Their only strength in defensive skill is their pace.

All i mean is if we talk about brazilian player, why not looking for attacking player. Defense is not their specialty.

Fair enough.

Italian defenders and Brazilian attackers.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
d.nico said:
They said he is defensive central midfielder.

When you talk about defensive skill none of above player are world class. Their only strength in defensive skill is their pace.

All i mean is if we talk about brazilian player, why not looking for attacking player. Defense is not their specialty.
Obviously you havent seen Aldair play - take away color of his skin & nationality he had Baresi in his making.:D. But I agree with your assertion that Brazilian defenders often get recognized for things European counterparts can only dream of.

I mean god knows how many attackers Lucio left in their awake. But I do feel Brazilian defenders often get steretyed too much as casual, weak, and doesnt have defender mentality - because that is simply not true in a modern day. Cris, for example, based on what I see in CL, is one hard bastard who doesnt take any prisoners. Ditto for Luisao of Benfica - one of my favorite player.

And we all know how Cafu demolished C.Ronaldo in the CL encounter 3 years ago. Cafu is a first-class defender in both positional sense and actual defending. He may not do Nestaesque back-tackles but he rarely buys into fakes, and keep his feet on the ground. And considering how much he likes to maurade forward, his positional sense is excellent.

However, I think the days of stereotyping players style is long gone. We live in a era where most Brazilian esque plays for Portugal and most Italian like captained Brazil.:D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
when we think Brazil = Ronaldo/inho Romario Kaka Pele Zico i.e. attacking players with fantastic control and speed

its all about recognition...defenders in general dont get the acclaim that they deserve...and if ure a Brazilian defensive player then u can simply 4get about it

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Jun-hide said:
Obviously you havent seen Aldair play - take away color of his skin & nationality he had Baresi in his making.:D. But I agree with your assertion that Brazilian defenders often get recognized for things European counterparts can only dream of.

I mean god knows how many attackers Lucio left in their awake. But I do feel Brazilian defenders often get steretyed too much as casual, weak, and doesnt have defender mentality - because that is simply not true in a modern day. Cris, for example, based on what I see in CL, is one hard bastard who doesnt take any prisoners. Ditto for Luisao of Benfica - one of my favorite player.

And we all know how Cafu demolished C.Ronaldo in the CL encounter 3 years ago. Cafu is a first-class defender in both positional sense and actual defending. He may not do Nestaesque back-tackles but he rarely buys into fakes, and keep his feet on the ground. And considering how much he likes to maurade forward, his positional sense is excellent.

However, I think the days of stereotyping players style is long gone. We live in a era where most Brazilian esque plays for Portugal and most Italian like captained Brazil.:D
For cafu and aldair case, maybe they have another one advantage beside pace or speed, they are strong phisically. They can defend well cause their opposite can never escape from them. if they lose one moment, they have a chance to chase them.
as for c.ronaldo, any defender with good speed and want carefully look after him, will kill him easily.
maybe aldair is not a bad defender, but comparing him to baresi is ridiculous. aldair simply don't have killing mentality like baresi do.
i never see cris or luisao play, i can't make a comment on them.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

I am special boy, i go pee-pee standing up, i kick ball hard,sebi says i am a window licker

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Jun-hide said:

Thank you, Jun-Hide. +rep

Mar 14, 2004
Oh god,how many crap in a player/transfer thread :)

I red bout ths boy on the internet...watched some youtube movies and all that. But then....the mother land of Canal+ Deporte and TPS foot gave us some arg/brasil games to watch :D

Lucas is a smart player,very agile,good movement and with very accurate direct passes up to 30m.
There is also,one very(and I mean very very) similliar player to him in south america and that is Gago....target of Barcelona and Real.

Conclusion: Juve,what are you waiting for?

But if we do get Lucas....I'm flying to turin tu cut his idiotic hair :D

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
barkuss said:
Oh god,how many crap in a player/transfer thread :)

I red bout ths boy on the internet...watched some youtube movies and all that. But then....the mother land of Canal+ Deporte and TPS foot gave us some arg/brasil games to watch :D

Lucas is a smart player,very agile,good movement and with very accurate direct passes up to 30m.
There is also,one very(and I mean very very) similliar player to him in south america and that is Gago....target of Barcelona and Real.

Conclusion: Juve,what are you waiting for?

But if we do get Lucas....I'm flying to turin tu cut his idiotic hair :D
boca are asking 20m euro for him:disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)