Juve in Stam & Stan bid (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan29d.html

Juventus have reportedly held talks with Lazio in the hope of signing Jaap Stam and Dejan Stankovic.

Juve officials Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo are believed to have met with Lazio’s Ugo Longo and Giuseppe De Mita in a Rome hotel on Tuesday.

Whispers claim that the Italian champions offered a player plus cash deal in order to net the duo in the summer.

A fee of £8m has been tabled, part of which will be paid immediately, with Enzo Maresca and Jimenez - currently at Ternana - included in the offer.

Stam has been wanted by Juve for some time now, even if they will face stiff opposition from Milan and Inter.

As for Stankovic, it was believed that Juve had given up on the chase to sign him with the midfielder seemingly set to join Inter.

Meanwhile, Inter are said to be close to signing David Pizarro from Udinese.

The Bianconeri want around £6m plus the loan of Nicola Beati. The Milan giants are offering just £4m.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

A summer move... I would only like a Stam move to Juve if it was now...
Not for the summer... how many season do moggi think we can use him...

Then there it is AGAIN, MARESCA!!!! GOD! can there be one rumour that
doesn't suggest him to move!!! damn!!!

About Stankovic, I don't know JUVE talk about we can't have players that
are this and that... well he is a player that is this and that, LOL!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Bringing Stam to Juve would be a disastrous move. The player said this was his last season for a big club: he has the intention of giving it all one last time at Euro2004 and then move back to Holland to finish his career with a club in the Eredivisie.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
Bringing Stam to Juve would be a disastrous move. The player said this was his last season for a big club: he has the intention of giving it all one last time at Euro2004 and then move back to Holland to finish his career with a club in the Eredivisie.
I think that if we got him cheap for the rest of the year, it'd be a good move. We desperately need some help in defence, and Stam is an absolute rock. We need someone like that.

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    for ppl. that understands Italian!
    http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/calcio/20045/cmc_62609.html

As I have understood Juve will give €12M for Stam and Stankovic, the thing
    is that Juve will also let both players play for Lazio until the end of the season. then last line of the article is says something about Di Vaio or Miccoli joining Lazio....

WTF is it a part of the €12M deal + a player or will one of them join lazio as loan...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Ian - there's no chance Lazio are going to get rid of Stam for an apple and an egg.
    I don't know much about their situation, or stance on the matter. I was just saying that Stam himself wouldn't be bad to have, in fact it'd be wonderful to have him, for however short the amount of time. The only drawback to him is cost, so if we could minimze it, then it's a great deal.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Im not sure of either one of the 2 to be honest ....

Stam is over the hill ... We'd just have another Thuram or Ferrara on our hands.

The idea is to get Young defenders who Juve don't have to worry about replacing for the next few years .... not getting a "Has-been" who needs replacement within a year or 2...

Stan on the other hand had rejected Juve for Inter.... at least thats what the reports said but now i don't know what his mindset will be like if he has to join Juve after all that Inter talk...

Why not just focus resources on getting Rosicky, Trabelsi / Oddo etc.... ?

Im not too happy..

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Why Maresca? He's such a hot prospect it's beyond words, if anyone should be swapped from our midfield it should be Camo..
    Stam seems too old and Stankovic seems a bit of an arse..

Jul 28, 2002
    what a crap deal...stam for a season??? y not jus get a gud yung un??

stank the inter fan....no thanks

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't like the deal one bit. Stam would be a good purchase, but only for the right price, and Stankovic, I don't like his attitude. Juve can do better than Stam and Stan.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    Well Stankovich + Stam are excellent for our current problem,anyway we can Trade Stam with Maresca,Stam will fit nicley in our CB place ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Any deal that involves the selling of Maresca or Miccoli is crap, unless of course we get 3-5 quality players in return.

Jul 7, 2003
    No for Maresca, and no for Miccoli. I don't want Stam in Juve for one season especially if we must give them one of our most promising player. That's bad idea. Stank opts for Inter so i say go to Inter!! For defense we can bring Gonzalito or Lucio or Mexes, for midifield we can bring back Blasi and at the end of the season i dream about signing one of: Van der Vaart, Aimar or Roscicky, but we will see what Moggi do :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It all depends on the price as far as I'm concerned because paying alot of money for a player who's the wrong side of 30 wouldn't be Moggi's most intelligent move yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)