Juve in Pole Position for Pedretti (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sonck :D:D:D, do you even watch the dutch league? Sonck only playes rarely nowadays. I also hope Ibrahimovic will NOT come to Juve in the summer. There are a lot (i'm talking about cheap) of better alternatives.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Cavenaghi has the best goal to game ratio of any River Plate striker.. ever. River is a massive club in it's own right, and Cavenaghi is close to the Argentine NT, which is uncomparable to the Swedish one in terms of depth and talent.

Drogba... in a substantially better league than the Dutch, is scoring loads of goals, and has done so both in the CL and in the UEFA cup. What is more- he is a pure striker, and whether Trez leaves or not- what we're short on is not someone to be creative. WE have DP and Miccoli for that. If only the former would be healthy and the latter would be played by Lippi. Zlatan only makes sense for us if he is to be the area striker. For that he would need to be a goal scorer. Drogba is. Cavenaghi is. Trez most definately is, and Gilardino is too.

Zlatan... what has Zlatan ever done actually? Except for being rumoured to go to any and all big clubs?
Granted... he said that what Carew could do with a football- he could do with an orange, and that is propably true (I don't dispute his skill on the ball) as well as it's funny :) - but Zlatan is SO hyped it's not funny. I think he's Kluivert II. Not a player I'd want for Juve regardless, and certainly not looking at our squad as it is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Glen, with all the voices calling for Trezzy's departure, it strikes me that some of the same people are pushing for Drogba, who in my view is more or less Trez' replica.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Drogba may score goals like Trez, but Drogba's style of play is very different to Trez' style of play. Trez waits in the 16 and will finish all his chances. Drogba is way more wild, + he'll run all day long.

I agree with Glen, Zlatan is overhyped. What i want to know how many of you(Martin, Andrea Becchi, Desmond ETC.) actually watch Zlatan play on a regular basis?

- Becchi, yes Drogba and Cavenaghi. + Gilardino.

p.s. Trez would be the best choise, but Moggi will probably cash in on him..

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Well.. I think Trez is the superior finisher Martin, while Drogba is more mobile and faster. Drogba is a very good striker. No doubt about that.

I would never ever make such a switch if it wasn't because it might be imperative financially speaking, though.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Because his role in Ajax isn't an out-and-out striker. If his role in the team was to just sit up front and bang in goals, maybe he'd bag a few more, but Zlatan plays deeper and continually makes runs and chances for his team-mates
And that is what makes him a great striker and Trez a average one

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
I agree with Glen, Zlatan is overhyped. What i want to know how many of you(Martin, Andrea Becchi, Desmond ETC.) actually watch Zlatan play on a regular basis?
I never thought that much of Zlatan myself, I think he would be a big mistake for us.

Well Drogba is more lively I guess but his finishing is a little careless. Trez is very precise, Drogba is more flamboyant and unpredictable.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
And that is what makes him a great striker and Trez a average one
Oh my... that means Ronaldo (of today), and Romario, Gerd Müller etc. of yesteryear were nothing special.... That's novel.

"Reporting from the Stadio Delle Alpi; Juventus played great football, and Zlatan Ibrahimovich was a spectacular sight playing heal and toe, making superb dummies in non-dangerous territory to open up space for his teammates. The crowd was elated. Juventus lost 0-1."

Football is about entertainment for sure, but first of all about scoring goals. Fancy footwork is great in striker, if, like Henry, he also scores the fundamental goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I never thought that much of Zlatan myself, I think he would be a big mistake for us.

Well Drogba is more lively I guess but his finishing is a little careless. Trez is very precise, Drogba is more flamboyant and unpredictable.
:thumb:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
But I prefer precision, Zlatan also has that careless finishing which I don't care for. Cavenaghi is one who takes pride in precision as well. :cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But I prefer precision, Zlatan also has that careless finishing which I don't care for. Cavenaghi is one who takes pride in precision as well. :cool:
Curiously... River was playing yesterdy against Deportivo Tachira in libertadores, a very humble team.

Cavenaghi scored one goal froma rebound with a very difficult angle...it was very accurated....those goals with his trademark.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Drogba may score goals like Trez, but Drogba's style of play is very different to Trez' style of play. Trez waits in the 16 and will finish all his chances. Drogba is way more wild, + he'll run all day long.

- Becchi, yes Drogba and Cavenaghi. + Gilardino.

p.s. Trez would be the best choise, but Moggi will probably cash in on him..
    I have watched Zlatan play at least 5 times this season, and I have been impressed every game. He is the prototypical forward; tall, fast, strong, mobile, and can finish. But the big bonus to Zlatan is that he can come back and get the ball in the midfield, kind of like Shevko. And by the way, I think all most every time I have watched him, he has scored in that respective game. And like I said before, if he is given a more forward role, Zlatan will score a hell of a lot more.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    zlatan, cavenaghi, drogba....in the end, as long as one joins and di vaio isnt our starting striker next season, then its a good thing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

I have watched Zlatan play at least 5 times this season, and I have been impressed every game. He is the prototypical forward; tall, fast, strong, mobile, and can finish. But the big bonus to Zlatan is that he can come back and get the ball in the midfield, kind of like Shevko. And by the way, I think all most every time I have watched him, he has scored in that respective game. And like I said before, if he is given a more forward role, Zlatan will score a hell of a lot more.

An entire 5 times, whoa that is a lot !:rolleyes:.

Which matches did you see anyway? As i don't beleive you saw him score in those matches...(yes well now ofcourse you could search for matches in which he scored and you could tell you watched those matches....).

Jul 28, 2002
    But I prefer precision, Zlatan also has that careless finishing which I don't care for . Cavenaghi is one who takes pride in precision as well. :cool:
    dont want another pippo do we.:D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Good one John... But I think that they all are really talented (Cave, Zlatan, Drogba, Gilardino) but just somehow I just prefer Cave over the rest of them, then Zlatan, then Gilardino... Hopefully it's not Drogba that comes, he's the oldest and I heard that he's also pretty expensive...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)