Juve in Pole Position for Pedretti (1 Viewer)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    Pedretti may not have that commanding presence for the French NT, well thats because he is what, 23? Playing alongside Zidane and Vieira will virtually put you in the backseat. But once Vieira and Zidane are gone, he will be the key player for the team. If he is the next Deschamps, then he will certainly be worth the 5 million that Moggi will have to pay. We need that passing and creativity!

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
    I still prefer Tiago than Pedretti, but he is good enough Imho. He doesn't have the best skill in the business, but he is good in controlling and repelling pressure. I mean, his role is DM anyway.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    Well if either Vieira or Makelele get injured before the summer, there is a good chance we will see what Pedretti can do for the French squad in the Euros.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Pedretti would be a quality signing imo, I just hope that Lippi gives him more playing time than Maresca is currently getting. Speaking of Maresca, I can definitely see him forming a classy central midfield partnership in the future. I'd love to see something like this in 2-3 more years:

------------Pedretti----Maresca------------
    --Gasbarroni-------------------------Kapo--

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Pedretti would be a quality signing imo, I just hope that Lippi gives him more playing time than Maresca is currently getting. Speaking of Maresca, I can definitely see him forming a classy central midfield partnership in the future. I'd love to see something like this in 2-3 more years:

Most probably this will be our midfield for the future. If not Pedretti then Blasi could do the job.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Not too shabby :thumb:

Rothen instead of Kapo is another possibility :cool:

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Two things:

1: There's little reason to talk about alternatives to Kapo... since we've already signed him. He just cannot be presented to the public before his contract is up in June.

2: On the calciomercato rumour that prompted this tread... it is worthless unfortunately. It's just a consequence of the fact that Juve scouts have watched Pedretti, and then, given that Pedretti stated that he was 95% certain to leave (actually he said there was only a 5% chance he'd stay, but just the same) calciomercato makes believe that Juve is heading the que.

If one was to read the actual release in French however (available at lequipe.fr)- there is no mention of Juve at all. On the other hand they mention Marseille as a possibility and adds that Pedretti rejected PSG before the season because he didn't believe in their future title prospects.

So much crap is written on calciomercato. For instance, tonight, they've re-cycled fake news from two days ago about Auxerre coach Guy Roux saying that Mexés would end up at Liverpool. In spite of them yesterday bringing Mexés' agents dismissal of the story, and despite the club Auxerre today issuing a statement saying that Roux never said anything like that to Liverpool. Still (!!), they bring a complete rip-off of old news as it somehow fits into a 'telenovela'. The lack of available funds and REAL transfer news must be despairing to these sites :rolleyes: .

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Not too shabby :thumb:

Rothen instead of Kapo is another possibility :cool:
    Definitely. I only put Kapo there because he's ours for sure.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Definitely. I only put Kapo there because he's ours for sure.
    Really?!
    i didn't even know that. I've read so many articles saying he signed with juve, then others claiming that they were rumors , then back and forth that i stopped reading about Kapo....... oh well.. good, we need someone on the left, though I was hoping for Rothen.

Can't make out rumors from truth these days... :stress: Thanks guys for the info.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
    Two things:

1: There's little reason to talk about alternatives to Kapo... since we've already signed him. He just cannot be presented to the public before his contract is up in June.

2: On the calciomercato rumour that prompted this tread... it is worthless unfortunately. It's just a consequence of the fact that Juve scouts have watched Pedretti, and then, given that Pedretti stated that he was 95% certain to leave (actually he said there was only a 5% chance he'd stay, but just the same) calciomercato makes believe that Juve is heading the que.

If one was to read the actual release in French however (available at lequipe.fr)- there is no mention of Juve at all. On the other hand they mention Marseille as a possibility and adds that Pedretti rejected PSG before the season because he didn't believe in their future title prospects.

So much crap is written on calciomercato. For instance, tonight, they've re-cycled fake news from two days ago about Auxerre coach Guy Roux saying that Mexés would end up at Liverpool. In spite of them yesterday bringing Mexés' agents dismissal of the story, and despite the club Auxerre today issuing a statement saying that Roux never said anything like that to Liverpool. Still (!!), they bring a complete rip-off of old news as it somehow fits into a 'telenovela'. The lack of available funds and REAL transfer news must be despairing to these sites :rolleyes: .
    I agree 100%

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
    Didn't they even offer a paid subscription service a while back?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40

I hope our future coach does not use a boring 4-4-2 with wingers; I like to see more depth. This would suit me better:

----Gasbarroni-----Maresca------Pedretti------

-------------Miccoli------------Kapo----------------

Anyway, I hope Kapo develops into a world class player. I can't picture what kind of player he will be like. Maybe a mix of Henry and Zidane? Throw in Mexes and Ferrari in defence and Ibrahimovic up top, and you have one hell of a team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)