Juve in pole for Jimenez (1 Viewer)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Juve in pole for Jimenez

Juventus are favourites to sign the talented Luis Jimenez from Serie B side Ternana in the summer.

The Bianconeri have been linked with the midfielder for months and reports from Chile claim they will swoop for the 20-year-old.

"Juventus are in pole position to buy the player," Dino Letterio, one of his agents, is quoted as saying.

"They are following him very closely in a bid to see whether he can guarantee them consistent performances in the future.

"There are two options that Juventus have right now. They could buy half of his contract or buy him outright.

"They could then either allow him to remain with Ternana or send him on loan to another club as they did with Fabrizio Miccoli."

The latter was signed by Juventus from the same Second Division side before deciding to loan him to Perugia.

It was at the Stadio Curi that Miccoli really impressed which led to an international call-up and a Juventus recall.

However, Juve’s deal for Jimenez is by no means a certainty. Especially because clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester United and Lazio have also all been linked.

anyone know anything about him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
if he was a defender , i would take notice. But he is yet another forward. And he isnt evena point man. Could be one for the future though.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he's a midfielder. saw a jimenez playing against australia for venezuela last week. is that him by any chance?

John 10#, i think we need to fix more than just our defence right now.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Is he any good, and will he be loaned out like Miccoli did?
I don't think he's proven enough to be in Juve's first team

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I cant understand it sometimes? What we need are immediate first team reinforcements, instead of which we 're buying players and loaning them out??
Why not do that next season and just look at our immediate needs as of now.

Jul 28, 2002
yeah ok maybe i was a bit rushed into saying defence was the only priority, but i jus feel that Buying someone who plays like the players we already have would be pointless.....BTW i was under the impression he was a forwards, so my bad again.

Still think the defence needs a lot of work, and maybe midfield to help the defence also......well actually definatly the midifield need improving, jus dont feel Jimenez is the right stuff for us.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I saw him play against Australia and he was Venezuela's best player on the night. I can't tell judging by that match if he's Juve material though. He's only 19-20 though so he could be a prospect for the future.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I haven't seen alot of Jiminez, but lol, the thing that has me most excited about him is that Man Utd are being associated with him :D

More often than not the players that Man U target are top quality. They may not have big names, but they usually perform.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Its all good, if we buy Jimenez and play him. Or use him as a fall back player. But its totally pointless buying him and loaning him out while some otherwise useful funds cudve been used to bolster some prior requirements.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
Ternana ward suitors off Jimenez

by Peter ORourke
EXCLUSIVE

Ternana insist they have no plans to sell highly-rated Chilean youngster Luis Jimenez.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Manchester United, Juventus and Internazionale after an impressive season with Ternana.

Jimenez's future has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, but Ternana are keen to keep hold of him.

Ternana sporting manager Stefano Capozucca revealed that Manchester United and others have watched the player and are interested in signing him

"It's true Jimenez is eyed by a lot of teams. He's a young player who is making a really good championship," Capozucca told skysports.com.

"Many teams are eyeing him, but at the moment we haven't any intention to talk about his future. We will see at the end of season.

"Atletico Madrid? Manchester United? Juventus? Inter? Yes, it's true. These are all teams that arrived here to see him playing.

"But I want to say that at the moment the guy is still ours, because we want to see what will happen at the end of season."

Capozucca rejected reports that they had agreed with Juventus for Jimenez, but admitted they would probably sell the midfielder should they fail to win promotion to Serie A.

"In these days I've read also that we would have sold him to Juve, it's absolutely false

"We will see at the end of season. If we will stay in Serie B we will sell him, otherwise, if as we are hoping, Ternana will go to Serie A, we will surely keep him."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)