Juve in pole for Jimenez (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Ternana have confirmed that Manchester United have been in contact over their Chilean midfielder Luis Jimenez. However, the Serie B side insist they will keep hold of the 19-year-old if they are promoted this term.

From channel4.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we have strong connections with italian clubs and we've got a way with acquiring young'uns.

of course,it doesn't mean we'll definitely get jiminez.if man utd are truly serious about getting him then juve won't compete with them for his signature.

Jul 12, 2002
Let's look at it this way: You are Jiminez, and you've got two of the world's biggest clubs after you, so you've got to choose. On one hand, you've got a club that gives great chances to it's youngsters and is very committed to it's youth program. On the other you've got a team famous for wasting young talent, and a coach who only fields youth when faced with no other option. Man U has it in the bag, IMO.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Jimenez: Juve are the ultimate club
Saturday 17 April, 2004

The battle to sign Ternana revelation Luis Jimenez is heating up and the young Chilean admits Juventus would be his dream destination.

“To be perfectly honest,” he noted, “I would be happy with any of the big clubs in Serie A next season.”

The creative midfielder has sparked interest with his performances throughout the current campaign for Serie B outfit Ternana.

It is reported that Juve are ready to snap him up in order to tempt Lazio into parting with Stefano Fiore in a partial swap deal.

“Juventus are the ultimate goal for any football player,” he continued. “Lazio would also make me very happy, while who wouldn’t want to join Inter?”

“This would be a dream come true for me. As a child I always imagined setting foot on Italian soil and really making it in Serie A, not just as a small-time player. It might actually happen for me.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr17h.html

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I saw him play against Australia and he was Venezuela's best player on the night. I can't tell judging by that match if he's Juve material though. He's only 19-20 though so he could be a prospect for the future.
I don't know if you are talking about the same Jimenez. The Jimenez from Ternana is from Chile. So why would he be playing for Venezuela? I think there are many different Jimenezes. But the good one I think is a Chilean International.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ah, he's a creative midfielder.. very interesting. I say we give him a chance, afterall, we need to add some flair and creativity to our team. He obviously won't play for us right now, but signing him this summer wouldn't be a bad idea. He could be one for the future.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't like him either. He can only score against us and is too old. I would rather have Pizarro in our midfield cuz he is a better playmaker who will add flair and control to the team. Hmmm, if we get Pizarro and Jimenez we will have two, wait, three Chilean players in our books. (Salas....)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
I don't like him either. He can only score against us and is too old. I would rather have Pizarro in our midfield cuz he is a better playmaker who will add flair and control to the team.
Fiore still has another two or three quality seasons in him and it's not crucial that we get a young attacking mid since we already have Maresca and possibly Kapo for our future. Plus, Fiore will add the same flair and control that Pizarro will supposedly bring to the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)