Juve Friendlies Schedule and pre-season talk (26 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
In terms of ability there’s no question Ramsey can play that role, he’s played it for Wales over the years and always does well. If he can stay fit (and it’s a fairly low demanding physical role) he could be a revelation there. Even though Loca will hopefully replace him in a few days…
He did far better in the role than I expected vs Barca.

Plus its not like we have other options. Bentancur failed in that role last season and no way McKennie can play there. It is Ramsey or Danilo. Based on last season I'd have gone for Danilo but preseason let's you experiment and no harm in trying Ramsey there.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
He did far better in the role than I expected vs Barca.

Plus its not like we have other options. Bentancur failed in that role last season and no way McKennie can play there. It is Ramsey or Danilo. Based on last season I'd have gone for Danilo but preseason let's you experiment and no harm in trying Ramsey there.
Trying Fagioli won’t hurt

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
To be honest. Fagioli and ranocchia need to be loaned out. They need minutes and our midfield is crowded, despite questionable quality
Fagioli is the best regista Juve currently have. If Ramsey wasn’t making the money hes making they wouldn’t be trying so hard to make him useful somewhere. They need to just stop doubling down on that mistake and let the kid grow. Locatelli, if they were to finalize that, wouldn’t play every game anyway.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not a bad performance. Nice rocket from Bernardeschi, too bad its not in a competitive game.
Hope we find a solution to a few things before this market ends.
Locatelli would really solve one problem but I see us with no real goal scoring CF.
Hope some bid for Ronaldo arrives so we can try for Vlahovic or something

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Fagioli is the best regista Juve currently have. If Ramsey wasn’t making the money hes making they wouldn’t be trying so hard to make him useful somewhere. They need to just stop doubling down on that mistake and let the kid grow. Locatelli, if they were to finalize that, wouldn’t play every game anyway.
I dont disagree but i dont see him getting minutes in the current setup

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Do u guys think this game has shown the hierarchy of the midfielders that Max has? It looks like McKennie is the last In the pecking order for him or was he unfit?

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Do u guys think this game has shown the hierarchy of the midfielders that Max has? It looks like McKennie is the last In the pecking order for him or was he unfit?
I would say that its a fitness thing. I think that Max loves this sort od players. He was just trying out some tactical stuff.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Anyway regarding the game, we could already see some attacking game plan and movements from players. There was of course an issue with midfielders being out of position sometimes, but how easily we could avoid opponents pressure was not seen for a long time. Expect Ronaldo u could see that motivation in players also, last season only Chiesa had that desire.

Jun 6, 2015
Yes, I'd would be surprised if we don't start with the same midfield against Udinese. It seems to me that Bernardeschi and McKennie are competing for the same spot and currently Berna has the upper hand.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yes, I'd would be surprised if we don't start with the same midfield against Udinese. It seems to me that Bernardeschi and McKennie are competing for the same spot and currently Berna has the upper hand.
I'd say tha McKennie will be competing with Bentancur for RCM, Max moved the American there once Ranocchia took LCM.

Rabiot will be the LCM with Berna.

Jun 6, 2015
I'd say tha McKennie will be competing with Bentancur for RCM, Max moved the American there once Ranocchia took LCM.

Rabiot will be the LCM with Berna.
Don't personally think Max is looking to play a midfield with both Berna and McKennie in it, at least not when Ramsey is at regista. Imo at least one of Bentancur/Rabiot/Locatelli will be there to add some balance.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Don't personally think Max is looking to play a midfield with both Berna and McKennie in it, at least not when Ramsey is at regista. Imo at least one of Bentancur/Rabiot/Locatelli will be there to add some balance.
That's for sure.

On the other hand it's pretty clear that McKennie and even Bentancur work odd on the left, while Berna and Rabiot are natural choices for that side. I'd assume that having Locatelli in the middle enables every combo for Max with it comes to the mezzali.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
How was the team setup? Was it Ronaldo or Dybala in the center? Was it really Bernardeschi as a mezzala and Chiesa as RW or more like a 442?
Defensively it was very much a 442 with Chiesa dropping deeper. CR7 and Dybala stayed more upfront.

When attacking, Chiesa was definitely higher than Berna. It looked like 433 most of the time but obviously Berna would play quite a bit out wide with Ronaldo moving inside.

Dybala was the CF, Ronaldo LWF. In general the whole trio was quite dynamic and fluid in their movements.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Defensively it was very much a 442 with Chiesa dropping deeper. CR7 and Dybala stayed more upfront.

When attacking, Chiesa was definitely higher than Berna. It looked like 433 most of the time but obviously Berna would play quite a bit out wide with Ronaldo moving inside.

Dybala was the CF, Ronaldo LWF. In general the whole trio was quite dynamic and fluid in their movements.
Thanks. Sounds very promising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)