Juve Fan vs. Real Fan - The Prequel (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Haha, this was well heated up even before the two sat together.

We'll see tonight who gets the last laugh .

Good luck to all of us guys!
read my signature.... :down:

;)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
Lets not forget that Juve aren't coming up against powder-puff Liga defences every week.

Let's just hope that if, say, Thuram fires in a low shot at the Delle Alpi and three men are in offside positions, that the goal still counts.
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :cool: :D

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    Well Majed, it's quite not applicable to my statement.

But I do hope we still get the last laugh! :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    Juventus-Real Madrid Buildup: Fan Vs Fan II

05/13/2003.
    We have once again invited Miguel Cruz (Real) and Antonio Adami (Juventus) back into SoccerAge headquarters for a spot of verbal tennis ahead of the mouthwatering semifinal decider at the Delle Alpi on Wedneday.

SA: Welcome back, Mr Adami, what are your thoughts on Saturday's historic day when you won your 27th Scudetto with the 2-2 draw against Perugia?

AA: It was a momentous time. Not unexpected though. We were always going to get at least a point and, as always, we did the job. It wasn't classic Juve, and our first-half was very poor. In the second we perked up, and from 2-1 up I was always confident.

SA: Do you think this will boost your troops ahead of the Real game?

AA: Most definitely. Our boys said that they can only think of this game, and that there is no time to party. I sense a steely determination in the squad.

SA: And to you Mr. Cruz, a 0-0 draw with Recreativo saw your poor Liga form continue. You are now off the top.

MC: It was a disappointing display, although any side deprived of the likes of Ronaldo, Raul, Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo would struggle to create chances. Recre are a much improved side, and we knew it would be tough. At least we kept a clean sheet I guess. I've been very worried about the back-four lately. Although I must say, the behavior of some fans towards Fernando Hierro is shameful. Think of what that the man has done for this club.

AA: Yes, but he is looking more and more like your team's weak point. I'm sure that Lippi will look to exploit this area. Helguera isn't the quickest either.

MC: Point conceded, but your team isn't without flaws either. Your defence also lacks pace, and often your team as a whole lack creativity. I'd rather have a season ticket at the Bernabeu than the Stadio Delle Alipi. That much is for sure!

AA: Ok that's your opinion. If you genuinely believe a side with Pavel Nedved and Alex Del Piero lack creativity that's up to you. Lets not forget that Juve aren't coming up against powder-puff Liga defences every week.

SA: Ok gentlemen, I think we'll move on there! What were your opinions of the first-leg?

AA: I thought that for a period after half-time we were the better team. We showed that we were not intimidated by Real's flashy stars. The Roberto Carlos goal came at a bad time for us. We were not looking in any great difficulty. Let's just hope that if, say, Thuram fires in a low shot at the Delle Alpi and three men are in offside positions, that the goal still counts.

MC: They weren't interfering with play. None of them were obstructing Buffon's view. Anyway, Juve were impressive in spells but they always erred on the side of caution. Some of their fouling tactics were a disgrace. Five bookings speaks for itself. Very cynical. On the overall balance of play I agree with Vicente Del Bosque. We deserved to win by more.

SA: Care to answer back Mr. Adami?

AA: Yes. Some of our tackling may have been a little overzealous, but no one will remember that in 20 years if they see Juve's name on the trophy for the 2003 season. It's about winning.

MC: Yes, the Italian football mentality shines right through in your last three words.

AA: It is though. Few remember those who played pretty football, but lost. Not that I'm calling Madrid losers of course! I appreciate that you are a great side.

SA: Who do you think your key player for this second leg will be Mr. Adami?

AA: I would have to say Del Piero. I'm desperate for him to show the world stage that he is back to his best. But Nedved will be vital too. I just hope he is fully-fit for this match.

SA: And you, Mr. Cruz?

MC: It has to be Zizou. He was magnificent in the first-leg, and against his old side he'll be out to prove himself once again. He seems to have so much time on the ball. He's one of a kind.

AA: Agreed. But I will say that it's no coincidence that since moving to Spain he's upped his seasonal goal average. Those powder-puff Liga defences again!

MC: I won't rise to the bait. Although it may have something to do with the fact that he has BETTER players around him with Real.

SA: Ok, lads, and your prediction for the game?

AA: 1-0 to Juve. Del Piero will score and we'll go through.

MC: I'll got for a 2-2 draw. Zidane to come back and haunt his old club, and Raul to also find the net on his return from injury.

SA: Thank you very much guys. No punches pulled there! Good luck to both of you for the second leg.

SA Europe
    Mr Adami was right. Del Piero and Nedved did prove crucial :cheesy:

Anyways, I'm just glad that we won. Next up: Old Trafford, May 28th :excited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)