Juve eye Van Der Vaart (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think we'll get VDV or any other big name playmaker for that matter. At best it'll be someone like Pizarro or Jankulovski.

PS. I prefer Rosicky to VDV anyways - I think he's a better passer, and we badly lack good passers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
I don't see why Ajax would not take Tudor as part of this deal. It's not as if Ajax (or any other Dutch team) has defenders to spare. Perhaps Koeman thinks that he can solve Tudor's fitness problems, and then it would be a good deal for Ajax.
Quite the opposite. De Jong and Van Damme have mostly been bench sitters this season which has led to quite some problems with the two becoming more and more impatient. The last thing Koeman needs is an overaged defender who doesn't even play for his current club as a starter. Plus, when Grygera comes back from injury Ajax have even more choice in defenders.

Let's look at it another way, though. Manchester United are the only other major suitors involved here. VDV might want to go to Barcelona, but Laporta seems to be doing his best to ignore that. Manchester has been tabling bids that are extremely low (i.e. the Robben deal), so maybe our offer might be the best. I think that Ajax has to sell Raf because Sneijder is becoming impatient. He wants to play, but does not fit into the squad. Ajax face losing Sneijder to PSV or selling VDV to the highest bidder, and that may well be us.
You're forgetting here that, just as much as Man Utd and Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid have also been linked to him. No chance in hell Moggi is going to beat those teams imo.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

You're forgetting here that, just as much as Man Utd and Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid have also been linked to him. No chance in hell Moggi is going to beat those teams imo.
We can beat anybody....its just a matter of cash and a good will....
Think of it....If he goes In Barca....he has Ronaldinho & Xavi in playmaking position,in Real there are Zizou,Figo,Solari in his position,in Milan there are Kaka & RuiCosta,Arse does not play the style that would suit him and Pires is on the left wing. In Chelsea,the playmakers place is HOT: Lampard,JoeCole,Veron,Parker. I suppose that ManU are onley serious buyers but they cannot give Tudor in exchange :D
But I dont care for him....if he doesnt comes,Ill be happy....if he comes;Ill be happy.....all I want to see next season is DIEGO! and thats all:fero:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
We can beat anybody....its just a matter of cash and a good will....
Think of it....If he goes In Barca....he has Ronaldinho & Xavi in playmaking position,in Real there are Zizou,Figo,Solari in his position,in Milan there are Kaka & RuiCosta,Arse does not play the style that would suit him and Pires is on the left wing. In Chelsea,the playmakers place is HOT: Lampard,JoeCole,Veron,Parker. I suppose that ManU are onley serious buyers but they cannot give Tudor in exchange :D
That's a good thing actually...

But I dont care for him....if he doesnt comes,Ill be happy....if he comes;Ill be happy.....all I want to see next season is DIEGO! and thats all:fero:
That's even more unlikely I reckon :undecide:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Koeman might not need another defender, but if he likes how Tudor plays in midfield, then he could replace Galasek. So there still could be hope in a Tudor deal for VDV.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
I prefer to get Coco from Inter. Juve really needs a replacement for Thuram. It is hard for me to say this, but Thuram doesn't have the quality of the first team lately.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

that's the point...chelsea and man utd can beat us at the cash :D
mmm ok so lets buy Rosicky instead or maybe even Diego if he is that good as you guys say he is

Aug 1, 2003
Coco IMO is one of the most overrated players. Actually, no, there was a time where I liked his style of play but then he sort of (or maybe I) just screwed up.

I REALLY want Van Der Vaart in Juve, I'll admit that. But I very, very HIGHLY doubt that we'll get VDV. And as much as I want VDV I still don't want Tudor to go, he's quite a decent player IMO. Yea yea we have the injury issue and everything, but whaddahell.

Plus big teams are running for him too, and knowing Moggi I don't think he REALLY wants VDV in the first place so he might just give up the race halfway or something.

Damn. damn damn damn damn damn damn damn.

Jul 12, 2002
Quite the opposite. De Jong and Van Damme have mostly been bench sitters this season which has led to quite some problems with the two becoming more and more impatient. The last thing Koeman needs is an overaged defender who doesn't even play for his current club as a starter. Plus, when Grygera comes back from injury Ajax have even more choice in defenders.
But, Trabelsi is leaving and there is a large number of defenders, but few of them have the qualities of Tudor. He is big and very good in the air. I think that he would find a good spot on the Ajax squad.

Chelsea have Veron, Cole, Lampard, Robben, and Duff. It would be a bit excessive of even Roman Abramovich to buy Van der Vaart, so I don't think that Chelsea will be a factor on this deal. Laporta isn't trying to sign Van der Vaart. Barca needs a forward and some defenders, not another playmaker. Real Madrid doesn't buy young, and Arsenal have no money after the Reyes deal. Milan, just like Chelsea have enough playmakers, so basically Barcelona is our only competition...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Barcelona would be stupid to waste money on VDV, they already have one of the best in Ronaldinho. Not to mention Xavi who had a great game against Real this weekend. Laporta would be rather stupid to bring in another playmaker, it would just cause problems between Xavi, Roni, and VDV for playing time. Not to mention that they are after Kranjcar, according to Barkuss.

The only team we have to compete against for VDV is ManU, who IMO are rather pushovers for signatures (remember last summer for Ronnie?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)