Juve Diary: Day Three (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
9.30am
It’s a special start to the third day of Juve’s pre-season preparations as Andrea Agnelli joins up with the squad in Val d’Aosta. The President’s arrival naturally creates a wave of excitement, and he wastes no time in reciprocating the warm reception by greeting the fans, signing autographs and posing for photos.
Back on the training pitch, the supporters erupt as Antonio Conte makes his way out onto the field, showing their affection for the manager with a selection of chants.
After acknowledging the ovation, the 42-year-old gets straight down to work, putting two separate groups through their paces with passing drills followed by a practice match.
1.45pm
Paolo De Ceglie is the second Bianconeri player to address the media at the daily press gathering.
The full-back follows in Asamoah’s footsteps by discussing his hopes for the forthcoming campaign, appearing eager to hit the ground running after an injury towards the back end of last season sent his Euro 2012 ambitions up in smoke.
“Unfortunately the slight injury put a stop to any possibility of being involved,” he says. “I hoped I’d make it, but that’s how it went. We’ll now get going again and I hope there will be other opportunities to make my international debut."
For local boy Paolo, pre-season in Val d’Aosta has an extra special taste.
“It’s nice to be back here. When I was younger I used to come here with my dad. It’s exciting to now be part of it as a player and see all my family and people I know from Aosta.”
5pm
The noise is deafening as the Bianconeri take to the field for their second training session of the day. Fans have clearly been relishing the opportunity to see their heroes in action after a long summer away, and provide a vociferous backing throughout the course of the workout.
It’s the first tactical session of pre-season and Conte is back at the helm outlining the exact movements required in any given situation.
Once satisfied with the work done, the manager then returns to the sidelines to observe how his men fare in an eleven-a-side practice match. Quagliarella and Asamoah find the target for the team in red, while Matri nets a consolation for the opposition.
8pm
It appears we’re building up gradually as far as the Summer Village evening interviews are concerned. After Martin Caceres’ one-man show on Thursday and Stephan Lichtsteiner and Alberto Masi’s defensive duo on Friday, this evening sees four goalkeepers step up to take centre stage.
Marco Storari is the undisputed veteran of the group, flanked by three fledgling prospects: Laurentiu Branescu, Nicola Leali and birthday boy Leonardo Citti, who experienced a 17[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday that will linger long in the memory.
Storari, who has clocked up over 300 professional appearances, discusses how the goalkeepers’ training is adapted to fit in with Conte’s free-flowing style.
“Our manager wants to start play right from the back,” says the 35-year-old. “It’s obvious that we’re required to do a lot of training in order to achieve this. But we have a great goalkeeping coach and we manage to cover a bit of everything.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)