Juve Diary: Day Eight (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
10am
Antonio Conte puts his men through an intensive morning training session as the Bianconeri’s preparations continue for Saturday’s TIM Trophy in Bari.
After coming through Tuesday’s friendly test with Aygreville unscathed, the Bianconeri are gearing up to lock horns with historic rivals Milan and Inter in the traditional pre-season curtain raiser.
Training begins with work on moving the ball around as a unit, with two groups of ten facing each other on the pitch. Fitness then comes to the fore as the first-team fitness staff monitor the players conducting a series of lung-busting long distance runs.
Mirko Vucinic misses out on the session after dashing to Lecce last night to attend the birth of his second son.
“I’ve become a dad for the second time,” writes the 28-year-old on Twitter. “Matija Vucnic was born today. A special thanks to Stefania... the love of my life!”
1.45pm
Martin Caceres meets the media in this lunchtime’s press conference. The Urugyuan defender, who joined the club on a permanent basis in May following two previous loan spells, believes the capture of Lucio represents an astute piece of business by the club.
“He’s a great defender and has enjoyed success wherever he’s gone,” Martin tells reporters. “He’s won everything in his career and wants to win more here at Juve. It’s important to have experienced champions like him around in order to face a long season.”
Caceres concludes by drawing comparisons between Antonio Conte and former Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola.
“I see similarities between them. Conte is a very ambitious manager and we can go far with him at the helm. Our style of play is different to Barcelona’s, but the ambition and desire to win remain the same.”
5pm
The sharp finishing of Fabio Quagliarella and Alessandro Matri lights up the afternoon training session. The former nets a well-struck double, but sees his efforts topped by his team-mate who bags a hat-trick in a thrilling 4-3 practice match.
After both players and supporters enjoy a well-earned breather, Antonio Conte leads his men through one-on-one and two-on-two scenarios. The working day is rounded off by a further focus on tactics.
8pm
Kwadwo Asamoah, this evening’s guest at Juventus Summer Village, reveals how he is relishing the opportunity to play alongside his footballing idol with the Bianconeri.
The 23-year-old says: “I’m excited about playing for the same team as Andrea Pirlo, who has always been my idol.”
He also expresses his delight at the warm welcome he has been afforded since arriving in Turin.
“I didn’t expect it to be like this - it’s incredible. When I hear the fans shouting ‘Asa, Asa, Asa’ during training it’s important to me. It’s nice the supporters have been so kind.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)