Juve-Como (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
[COLOR=royal blue]BACKGROUND[/COLOR]

If ever their was a clash of little and large, this was it. Juventus are big favourites against a newly-promoted Como side with just one point from three games.

The Bianconeri enter this fixture knowing they have all but booked their place in the next round of the Champions League with that comfortable 2-0 win over Newcastle on Tuesday. One English newspaper described the game as 'men against boys' :D and while that is going a little far, there certainly was a gap in class. For all Alan Shearer's willing running Juve's back-four were rarely troubled and once Alessandro Del Piero had put them ahead from a free-kick (you just knew he'd score) the challenge of the Toon disappeared and Del Piero added another.

What a contrast to three days earlier when Juve were counting their lucky stars after somehow escaping with a 2-2 draw against Parma at the Delle Alpi. They struggled against a Parma side playing on the counterattack and had to rely on an 87th minute header from Igor Tudor and a late, late goal from Del Piero which had more than a hint of handball. Since that clash Tudor has been banned for one match after pulling Antonio Benarrivo's hair, while Alessio Tacchinardi picked up two games after being seen to kick Sabri Lamouchi in the inner thigh.

Como picked up their first point in last week's 1-1 draw at home to Reggina. Benito Carbone put them ahead from the spot but Shunsuke Nakamura equalised with a penalty kick of his own.

It was always gong to take time for the squad to bed in as many of the players were thrown together after a hectic summer of wheeling and dealing. They lack punch up front, though (new Croatian striker Bjelanovic of whom much was expected has been very disappointing), and at the back they've looked far from assured. A major improvement is needed, and fast.

[COLOR=royal blue]LATEST TEAM NEWS[/COLOR]

Juventus : Pessotto and Conte are both still injured, while Marco Di Vaio will sit out after picking up that head injury on Tuesday. The unsettled Salas is expected to be given the nod to partner Del Piero, despite Trezeguet's first appearance of the season against Newcastle. Tudor and Tacchinardi are both suspended, so Ferrara and Camoranesi will come in.

PL (4-3-1-2): Buffon, Thuram, Iuliano, Ferrara, Moretti, Camoranesi, Baiocco, Davids, Nedved, Salas, Del Piero.

Como : coach Loris Dominissini's only absentee is Tarantino who is injured. Bjelanovic and Carbone will continue up front.

PL (4-4-2): Brunner, Gregori, Tomas, Padalino, Stellini, Binotto, Cauet, Allegretti, Pecchia, Bjelanovic, Carbone.

[COLOR=royal blue]PLAYERS TO WATCH[/COLOR]

Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)- the Italian international is in red hot form and looks like scoring at any time. Rest assured, also, if the Old Lady get a penalty Alex will convert.

Benito Carbone (Como)- the former Bradford player netted from the spot last week and along with Bjelanovic is the man charged with scoring the goals to keep the club up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Barring last week's blip at home to Parma the Old Lady are flying right now. A Como side who won their first point of the season just last week should present few problems. Juventus 3 Como 1.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
what an entrance !!

Welcome, bianconeriblood ;)

:eek:

I pictured bianconeriblood as a guy standing 1 inch away from my face and screaming to me ....

<--- i'm glad he's on our side :D

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
should be an easy win...maybe DP and Nedved can rest the 2nd half. I heard Pessotto played in the friendly match the other day against the C2 side. I also wonder if Zambo will ever get his place back?

welcome bianconeriblood!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bianconeriblood ] ++
Juventus is the WORSt TEAM EVeR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ac MILAN RULES
INZHAGI IS THE BEST AND HE IS BETTEr THAN DEL PIERO.
HAHAHHAHAHAH
i was ONLY PLAYING WITH YOu guys.
juve is the best
you lucky it was a joke. we don't let someone to make fun of juventus!!!!
juve are the best!!!!

welcome

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i think el matador deserves to start this match after waiting too long on the sidelines, i believe he will partner del piero upfront, and nedved just behind them. anyway, we shouldn't take the match too easily, remember roma-modena?! i just think the players should give their best and hopefully the result will come. let's hope the others drop some points, specially inter so that we can catch up and retain our top spot :fero:

dinoo

Aug 24, 2002
lets be realistic.
dont say that we need rest at least half of team on sunday,why we need it when it is pause for EURO 2004 qual. but,yes,we need give a chance to some players who didnt has it in past few matches,in first place i mean on salas,olivera and finaly give that chance to zenoni and zalayeta ,thats so young players but never had a real chance (like cup of last season,it was great to watch them going to final without DP,trez,zambo,buffon,thuram and others) but hey!!! you cant put on pitch 5,6 new .

we can use some like this
BUFFON
THURAM,IULIANO,FERRARA,MORETTI(birindeli)this mean rest for montero,he deserved that
olivera,DAVIDS all 90mins!!!,CAMONARESI,baiocco, this mean rest for nedved,and we are allready wizhout conte,zambrotta,tachinardi,tudor...
and up front DEL PIERO(WE NEED A MACHINE AND MOTOR WHO WILL LEAD ALL THIS TEAM!!!)AND salas(zalayeta)
of course,in 2nd half subs are:zambos back!!!trezegoals back!!! and no metter who ll be 3rd from the bench(zalayeta,birindeli,or someone else)

i hope 3 goals from 3 different players!!! to 0 ,of course

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Why give our starters a rest, I mean, after this game , they get a rest. Next week are qualifiers, and god knows if Trap will even start DP (this is Trap were talking about...REMEMBER !!!), plus they have a few weeks off from the CL.

Lets not waste almost guaranteed points, play DP, Nedved, etc....

Salas is overrated, even Lippi realizes that !!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think Trap is crazy if he doesn't play DP and inzaghi up front...
I dont see the prob with playing the 6 new players...they play together all the time in training...
even last year,,, the second team did very well in the coppa italia.

your thinking short term, i'm thinking long term.....
true Lippi "might" sacrifice 3 points, but he will have choices later on.....wait another 3 months when There will be Euro Qualifiers, serie A, CL, and Coppa italia....thats when Lippi will NEED a lot of choices and good rotations

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Why give our starters a rest, I mean, after this game , they get a rest. Next week are qualifiers, and god knows if Trap will even start DP (this is Trap were talking about...REMEMBER !!!), plus they have a few weeks off from the CL.

Lets not waste almost guaranteed points, play DP, Nedved, etc....

Salas is overrated, even Lippi realizes that !!!!
I have to disagree with you, Juve have many International players .. some of them will even play two matches in a week for their teams in distant places like: Moldova, Belarus, Bulgaria, etc.

Buffon (Italy)
Iuliano (Italy)
Thuram (France)
Morretti (Italy-under21)
Tudor (Croatia)
Davids (Holland)
Tacchinardi (possible, Italy)
Nedved (Czech Rep)
Del Piero (Italy)

Injured (not fit): Conte, Pessotto, Zambro, Treze, Di Vaio ..

That leaves us with only few players who would actually rest during the week ...

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i think Trap is crazy if he doesn't play DP and inzaghi up front...
If he were to ignore the performances of these two so far, I'd finally be convinced that he's lost it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)