Juve-Como (1 Viewer)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I think we shoud rest our key players, Del Piero can't keep on playing in every single Juve match for the full 90 minutes. Lippi should give the chance to the players who haven't proven themselves yet, like Salas, Zalayeta, and OLIVERA, I'm sure they all can be great (if given the chance). Maybe we could also put Zenoni on the right wing (I think that position would fit him perfectly).

We won't get to play easy teams like Como a lot this season, so we should make the most of it. I'm sure our subs can preform very well and make us satisfied (Like what our 2nd team did to Arsenal last year).

But it's safe to say that Juve will win by 3 goals AT LEAST.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
im with resting players, but if lippi did it against como, then everyone would have a dig on him !!

anyway, i think salas should start if he's fit enough along with treze. oliviera, should be used in the hole behind the strikers. this formation will rest both del piero and nedved, who played in all juve matches since the start of the season. camoranesi could also feature on the right, replacing baiocco. i think these guys could handle como with ease :D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
i'm really looking forward to see olivera play the first time. maybe he has a bright future ahead of him (in juve of course).
my prediction:
juventus- como 3-0.
in these games juve win 3-0 a lot of times.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Alessio Tacchinardi and Igor Tudor won't be available for the match against Como. The Football League Disciplinary Commission didn't accept the appeal presented by Juve and confirmed the suspensions: two matches for Tacchinardi and one for Tudor.

On the other hand, Antonio Conte played his first full match since his injury in a friendly match at the Comunale against Pro Vercelli. Pessotto also took part in the game, playing 20 minutes. The physical response of both players was good.

The 11 starters of the friendly match were: Chimenti, Ferrara, Fresi, Birindelli, Zenoni, Conte, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Olivera, Zalayeta, Salas. The match ended with a 3-0 Juve victory, goals scored by: Salas, Zalayeta and Palladino (from Primavera). The players who took part in the CL win against Newcastle took a day's rest.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I predict an easy win for the Bianconeri. 3-0 or 4-0. Hopefully Lippi uses that mind of his and gives DP a rest. I myself would like to see Oliveira play,and Salas should be a given another chance. Del Piero will play,no doubt about it,but if we get a 2 or 3 goal lead early on I think Godot should come off after about 60 mins. The CL game midweek against Newcastle in St James Park is more important than this game is,although this is a must win.

Probably Lineup : Buffon - Thuram,Iuliano,Montero,Moretti - Camoranesi,Davids,Baiocco - Nedved - Salas/Trezeguet,Del Piero

Buffon is guaranteed a starting place,as are Thuram,Montero,Davids and Del Piero. Iuliano and Montero will most likely make up the central defensive partnership,while Camoranesi and Baiocco are the obvious candidates to play alongside Davids in midfield. Nedved should find himself behind the strikers on Sunday,and I'm expecting a good performance from the Czech maestro. Either El Matador or Treze will partner DP upfront. If I were Lippi I would let Salas start,as the Trezeguet isn't fully match fit yet and Di Vaio is still suffering from the concussion he received against Newcastle midweek,although he has been given the all clear to play.

My Prediction : Juventus 4 Como 0
DP is in stunning form and should be on target against the newcomers. Look out for Salas (if he gets to play) and Nedved.

FORZA JUVE!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Well I think the score would be 3-1. Actually I am wary of all newcomers to Serie A. First-timers or not, if anyone remembers Atalanta from 2 seasons ago....they beat us 2:0 in the 2nd round i think.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Yeah I'm a little worried too. Of we start to rest our stars, it may send the wrong message to the team that this should be an easy win when, of course, there are no easy wins in Serie A.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I want Lippi to Try this with Como....

-------------------------------Buffon----------------------------
---------------Tudor---------Montero------Fresi-------------
-----------------------Tacchi------------Baiocco----------------
-------Camo-----------------Olivera--------------Davids-----
-----------------------Salas-------------Zalayetta------------

For these reasons:
- Try an Attacking Formation...and Test its Pros and Cons
- Rest DP, Nedved, Thuram, Moretti, Ferrara, Iuliano
- Give Olivera a chance to shine.
- Show Salas and Zalayetta that they are usefull in Juve.
- Give Davids and more Attacking Role. ( though i prefer to rest him, but there's no one else good for that position.

Pros: Player Rotation...Relaxing internationals since there are int games comming up...juve need to be flexible and try more formations, especially attacking ones. + This won't cut the momentum of DP and Nedved who were playing with the same formation (4-3-1-2) since the start of the season (except for the Empoli game).

:D

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
The CL game midweek against Newcastle in St James Park is more important than this game is,although this is a must win.
Even though the game at StJames Park is not next week i still agree we need to rest some of the starters.

Next CL match is Wed Oct. 23

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
Yeah I'm a little worried too. Of we start to rest our stars, it may send the wrong message to the team that this should be an easy win when, of course, there are no easy wins in Serie A.
Isn't it amazing how quickly people forget that? :D I mean a lot of people were saying 3-0 vs Parma, we barely got a draw and now it's 4-0 vs Como... :D

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
-------------------------------Salas---------------Del Piero--------------------
----------------------------------------Nedved----------------------------------
Baiocco-------------------------------Davids--------------------Camoranesi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moretti-------------------Montero----------------Iuliano----------Birindelli
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Buffon------------------------------------
I want to rest Thuram FORZA BIRINDELLI!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)