Juve close to Rodriguez (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Juve close to Rodriguez
Thursday 6 May, 2004

Juventus are just days away from signing Gonzalo Rodriguez, according to reports in Italy.

The defender’s agent was allegedly in Turin on Wednesday where he is understood to have held talks.

Rodriguez, captain of the Under-20 Argentine national side, was linked with a move in January.

However, his transfer from San Lorenzo was postponed while his South American club resolved a few issues.

Juventus are expected to pay something in the region of £1.5m for the highly-rated youngster.

Rodriguez, who can play in the centre or on the left, may be instantly loaned out by the Italian giants though.

Palermo are also very interested in the youngster, as they look set to win promotion to Serie A this season.

Bianconeri official Luciano Moggi is set to meet Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini to discuss a possible agreement.

Meanwhile, Juventus will go into training camp on Sunday night to prepare for their Coppa Italia Final.

The Bianconeri face Lazio at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Wednesday after losing the first leg 2-0.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may6g.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
:(always loaning...fuk, we needed this guy in january in out starting line up. he shouldnt be loaned!!!! moggi needs more faith in younger players!

Jul 28, 2002
if we get a few defender like mexes and ferrari, then it would be pointless not loaning rodi...but 1.5m is a bargain..if we get him i will be very happy.

Jul 28, 2002
i think we can sign one a season, but im not sure, something about a maximum quoter, if we are over, we have to sell them to buy another...not 100% sure.

Jul 7, 2003
Great news. We as Adrian said neede him in January but if we can buy him now that i will be really happy but Moggi please don't send him on loan, give him chance to prove that he has potential and ability to play in Juve next season!! We need him!!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
but 1.5m is a bargain..if we get him i will be very happy.
Agreed, this sounds like a steal. I hope we get him, but only if he's good enough now.

And if we are to sign one non-EU player one has to leave, as a rule in Italy.

Jul 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Agreed, this sounds like a steal. I hope we get him, but only if he's good enough now.

And if we are to sign one non-EU player one has to leave, as a rule in Italy.
He's got italian passport ;)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
hmmm if we get ferrari and mexes + rodi, THEN i think that we SHOULD load rodi OUT to at serie a team, teams like parma... :D
then bring him back when he is 22 years old.. and then he will be better, and will get to learn the game in serie a :D!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
hmmm if we get ferrari and mexes + rodi, THEN i think that we SHOULD load rodi OUT to at serie a team, teams like parma... :D
then bring him back when he is 22 years old.. and then he will be better, and will get to learn the game in serie a :D!
I know some people would disagree with that, but I agree. Rodri is not ready to start for us next year IMO. Give him a chance to learn.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He is a captain,so i think he can handle pressure.

we need left back and he can play that position. Why he shuold loaned out.in Juve he can learn too.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    He's not a LB. He plays RCB or sweeper in a 3-man defense.

I don't think he's ready for Juve. he should be loaned.

Jul 7, 2003
    Why not give him a chance to play even sub role but in Juve?? He may be better of and CB in Juve next year and will learn from experienced players like Ciro or Paolo(if he stays). Give him a chance and i think he will give best to take on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)