Juve - Chelski Affair (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Master Kush ] ++

Underperformers? Juve's top goal scorer and best player over the last three years are underperformers?

If you want to call someone an underperformer on this team than look no further than DP himself. I know many of you guys are in love with him and are still stuck in the year 1998, but how many more disappointing years can you take from the guy?

Anyways, I'm not sure about this trade. You'll have DP, Mutu, and Miccoli who all play the same style. None of them are natural finishers like Trez..
Tell me than, how is it possible that the support striker Del Piero was our topscorer last season?

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I like Nedved better than Mutu aswell, but Mutu's only 25, and Trez isn't worth anywhere near 25m, so 25m + Mutu for Nedved and Trezeguet isn't such a bad deal

it's a great deal :thumb:

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
Sounds like a good deal, and realistic too. Hopefully Mutu can play well for us though, and be happy...unlike Trez this year.
Plus, we could never hope to get a deal this good for Nedved a year from now, and it's a big gamble *hoping* that a 32 year old player, and an excellent one at that, can actually continue to play well in the top flight for another season.

And we're getting money for it too! Moggi couldn't be happier I'm sure.

Maybe we should offload Montero for £3m, Thuram for £12m, and Conte for £3m. :D

Knowing Chelsea, it's possible we could do a good deal ;)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
<<quote:
++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
Thuram for £12m, and Conte for £3m. >>

LOL, the point was that it is Chelsea we would be dealing with ;)

I'm sure we could put out a few whispers in Romans ear about how they are great players, reliable and with a good few seasons left in them, no doubt he'd jump in with a bid the next day.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Oh yeah, seems like we will have a whole new Juve next year!
I like Mutu and he should come to Juve! Trez could be sold, and we could buy any playmaker to replace Nedved, and Gilardino as a rep for Trez!

Jul 12, 2002
Underperformers? Juve's top goal scorer and best player over the last three years are underperformers?
They've both played like shite this year. That's called underperforming...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Anyways, I'm not sure about this trade. You'll have DP, Mutu, and Miccoli who all play the same style. None of them are natural finishers like Trez..
But throw Gilardino in there and you've got one heck of a strike force IMO. Hopefully (this is a big if though) Di Vaio will get some confidence back somehow and find his shooting boots again

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But I think Di Vaio will be heading to Inter, especially if Zach stays. Having Vieri, Gilardino, Miccoli, Mutu, and Del Piero would be a great strikeforce, with some old guard and new guard.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont know about guys but i dont feel mutu is needed. we have del piero and miccoli as support strikers. unless mutu is going to play as a playmaker and take over nedved, then is he really needed?

if gallas is offered in a deal, which shouldnt see him worth more than 10 million pounds in todays market, then we should get the 35 million pounds minimum which nedved and trezeguet are worth. whether they have performed bad this season or not, trez's record and nedved being the euro player of the year should merit that sort of money.

if we get gallas, thats one defender, and of course we could get the other youngsters like ferrari and mexes. and still have enough cash to buy that playmaker we need, as well as a replacement for trezeguet. probably still have cash left over.

Tomer

May 3, 2004
actually its :
Chelsea are in negotiations with Juventus over David Trezeguet - and Pavel Nedved.
Juve chiefs met with Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon on Monday to discuss Trezeguet. However, Nedved is also interesting Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, with the Blues ready to offer Adrian Mutu in part exchange.

The London giants are offering £17 million cash plus Mutu in exchange for both Nedved and Trezeguet.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trez for 25m is cool, but I wouldn't swap Nedved for Mutu. In the situation that Pavel leaves we need to replace him with a NATURAL playmaker like Diego, Rosicky, Van der Vaart, etc, not Mutu.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Yes, neither Mutu nor Crespo will end up at Juventus, which is good news.

But Trezeguet should leave one way or the other. We must sell him before we lose him as a free agent.

As for Moggi, I think he comented that Nedved will not leave for sure.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Trez for 25m is cool, but I wouldn't swap Nedved for Mutu. In the situation that Pavel leaves we need to replace him with a NATURAL playmaker like Diego, Rosicky, Van der Vaart, etc, not Mutu.
I would suppose that the 25 million would be used to buy a playmaker and some defenders whereas Mutu would replace Trezeguet. It's really a great deal if it goes down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)