Juve assess Vicente option (1 Viewer)

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun15e.html

Juve assess Vicente option
Tuesday 15 June, 2004

Juventus are one of a number of clubs chasing Valencia winger Vicente Rodriguez, according to his agent.

The Spaniard impressed in the 1-0 win over Russia at Euro 2004 and the Turin giants have made contact.

"Valencia want to keep him but he must be aware of the fact that a number of Italian clubs, including Juventus are keen," stated Miguel Angel Cermeno.

"Vicente feels like a 'Valencianista' but there are also a few English sides that have been in touch too."

The Spanish champions want to keep the 23-year-old at the club until 2011 but their contract offer is reportedly not to the player’s satisfaction.

Vicente is the second Spanish winger that has been associated with the Old Lady after they were linked with Joaquin yesterday.

The Betis Seville player is liked by boss Fabio Capello and the youngster seems keen on a Delle Alpi switch.

"It is obviously pleasing to know that a Coach like Capello rates you," said the international.

"It would be a great experience to go and play in Italy, especially as it has become more offensive in recent seasons.

"Juve play with four midfielders and I would settle in well. Roma were after me some years ago but nothing came of it."

a rumour with foundation, eh? :blah:

so...who is this player?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Vicente is the best left winger in Spain, yesterday it was the best right winger, now this !
Just sign them Moggi, stop talking rubbish please.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Well, if we wanted him then don't leave it too late, after Euro 2004 I think he will add another £5-6 million on his price tag.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
No way, Vicente is a way better attacking winger, Zambrotta is better defensively, but wingers are not suppose to defend anyway.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
No way, Vicente is a way better attacking winger, Zambrotta is better defensively, but wingers are not suppose to defend anyway.
Vicente might look more dangerous and entertaining, but Zambrotta is very effective and has some of the best crosses in the world, and be able to defend good too is just another advantage when it might be needed!

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Vicente scores goals, and quite a lot for a winger, I can't remember the last time Zambrotta scored for Juve, so it must be a long time ago !
I watched him play a lot on in La Liga, he is class. No question, Zambrotta is very good at crossing and defending, but attacking and scoring wise, Vicente is definitely better.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Zambrotta is the best LB in the world... try to acknowledge that!!!
many here needs to do that :p
we don't need JUVE too look for other LB when we have Zambro!

About Vicente, I'm a big fan of Vicente... He is a class player and if he
joined juve I would be really glad!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)