Juve aim to keep Trez (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Juventus are hoping to keep David Trezeguet at the club next season despite reported interest from Lyon.

Almost all of Juve’s high profile foreign players are set to leave Turin following their demotion, but whispers in Italy claim the club are keen to keep Trezegol.

The Frenchman’s goals are seen as key to their Serie B promotion plans even if much seems to depend on whether they will get their 30-point deduction reduced.

Juventus are supposedly ready to respect his £3m a season contract, which expires in 2008, if he agrees to remain.

However, Trezeguet – the club’s seventh highest scorer of all time thanks to his 125 goals – has numerous admirers abroad.

The latest club to be linked with the striker, who missed his shoot-out spot-kick in the World Cup Final recently, are French champions Lyon.

The Ligue 1 outfit are ready to offer around £7m for the forward, even if Lyon are also said to be tracking teammate Mauro Camoranesi and Fiorentina striker Luca Toni.

The latter is seemingly available after the Viola were also stripped of their Serie A status last week.

Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It would be a miracle to keep Trezeguet, and if he decides to stay on he will climb my respect-o-meter without bound. Here's hoping David decides to stay despite a transfer being very much likely.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Trezeguet will have a field day in Serie B, providing we give him enough service. With Marchionni and Kapo or perhaps even Nedved on the wings, I think he will see the ball quite a lot.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Man, if we can save Trez, he can save us. But I still keep trying to make sense of the Mutu sale. How would 7m and a year's loan of Bojinov add more value than the super talented Adrian Mutu, being on our payroll for peanuts compared to our other superstars.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Actually I thought Trezeguet would be the first out the door. He hasn't been the most modest of players with contract demands. But if he does stay I will never accuse him of being lazy again! :D

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we need to keep in each position one of the best players. that means in the goal buffon canna as a deffender neddy in the middel an trez in the front an we r back in 2 weeks :p

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
mondo1 said:
we need to keep in each position one of the best players. that means in the goal buffon canna as a deffender neddy in the middel an trez in the front an we r back in 2 weeks :p

Let me inform u that serie B is 42 games :faq1:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'll hold out verdicts on players until I see them suit up for our first league match. But that would be welcome news. And with a new French coach in town, why shouldn't he stay on? ;)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
swag said:
I'll hold out verdicts on players until I see them suit up for our first league match. But that would be welcome news. And with a new French coach in town, why shouldn't he stay on? ;)
yeah me too

anyway i always thought that serie B was more catenaccio minded, stiff tactics and stuff like that . or is it just the same as serie A?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)