Just for the record..... (12 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
just for the record, I've been going to the bathroom for 21 years now, and I have never seen pieces of shit like Milan and Inter before.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
TBH both penalties were deserved yest.

The first one of Amelia was on the line of the penalty box, which is part of the box, which results in a penalty.
The second one was just as clear, Ronaldinho was dancing the samba on the edge of the box, ran in, Bovo stuck his leg between both of Ronaldinho's and gave away a penalty.

I hate sticking up for Milan, but don't think that either penalty was dubious, though i'm not sure the ref would have given two penalties to the away team if it was someone else.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #144
    The second one was a clear penalty. The first one was outside the box, not on the line. The initial contact between Amelia and Pato was outside the box.

Of course, the ref could have easily given a free kick for Milan and a red card to Amelia, and he'd have been right to do that. But giving a penalty kick was a mistake.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    The second one was a clear penalty. The first one was outside the box, not on the line. The initial contact between Amelia and Pato was outside the box.

Of course, the ref could have easily given a free kick for Milan and a red card to Amelia, and he'd have been right to do that. But giving a penalty kick was a mistake.

I defence of the ref, there is no way that he could see where contact was made.

The linesman had to make that call.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #146
    I defence of the ref, there is no way that he could see where contact was made.
    Yes.

And if you remember, the ref gave a penalty immediately, as if he saw clearly that the foul was inside the box.
    That's what i talked about in one of my previous posts. When there is doubt, Milan get the benefit of it.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    The linesman had to make the call, but was a bit behind play, and he signalled the penalty. It was the linesman who said that it was in the box, not the ref.
    Plus Pato got injured and since he and Kaka are the major running attacking threat of Milan, we should send Amelia some flowers :D

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Yes.

And if you remember, the ref gave a penalty immediately, as if he saw clearly that the foul was inside the box.
    That's what i talked about in one of my previous posts. When there is doubt, Milan get the benefit of it.
    The referee doesn't signal immediately. I think he waits to see if the linesman says it was outside the box.

There is no doubt he was desperate to give the penalty, though.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #149
    The referee doesn't signal immediately. I think he waits to see if the linesman says it was outside the box.

There is no doubt he was desperate to give the penalty, though.
    He called a penalty the moment Pato fell on the ground. I'll search for a video to show you.
    Only then, when the Palermo players started protesting, he ran to the linesman to have a chat.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    He called a penalty the moment Pato fell on the ground. I'll search for a video to show you.
    Only then, when the Palermo players started protesting, he ran to the linesman to have a chat.
    He whistles for the foul immediately, he does not point to the spot for few seconds, though.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #152
    He whistles for the foul immediately, he does not point to the spot for few seconds, though.
    He points to the spot with his hand 1 sec after he whistled for a foul, while the linesman didn't signal anything.
    It was Rocchi's call to give a penalty.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    He points to the spot with his hand 1 sec after he whistled for a foul, while the linesman didn't signal anything.
    It was Rocchi's call to give a penalty.
    I'm not saying he didn't give Milan the benefit of the doubt, but I do think he glanced to check that the linesman hadn't given a FK.

Anyway, by whatever combination of officials, Milan were wrongly awarded yet another penalty.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Indeed, he calls it IMMEDIATELY a second after the foul, no talk with the linesman.

Even if the mistake is the understandable kind of it being too fast to judge if its on the line or outside the box, this ref was quite eager to immediately call for the pk without any seconds lost on checking with the linesman.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Don't forget the linesman and referee can talk to each other via the headphones, so they might have communicated

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    True dat in general, but notice how quick he takes the decision? basically the instant it happens? This isnt the minority report or anything. That or the linesmen yelled TIMBER in advance before the foul even happend.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #157
    Don't forget the linesman and referee can talk to each other via the headphones, so they might have communicated
    No reason to have the face to face chat they had later, if that was the case. They could've continued communicating through the headphones.
    And what Osman said above.

No, MC, there was no communication between them before Rocchi pointed to the spot. Rocchi gave the penalty on his own.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    If Rocchi took the decision by himself then i believe that it was a bad call, but if the linesman said that it was in the box i don't really think you can blame them.
    And what i meant by the headphone thing, is that maybe when their was the collision between Pato and Amelia, the linesman might have said rigore, which would take less than a second to say.
    I'm not sticking up for the refs, i'm just stating possibilities, cause i was the first to celebrate the second he missed

Apr 12, 2004
    in any case,Berlusconi is owner of everything in italy including the referees.he doesn't need to pay.
    "Because of the referee's centrality to the outcome of the games, teams do whatever they can to influence him. Almost every year, there is a new debate over the procedure for assigning referees. Under the current (2004) system, a two-person committee winnows down the pool of referees before their names go into a random draw. One member of the committee is known to be backed by the most powerful teams, Juventus of Turin and AC Milan. The other represents the rest of the league. The result is that Juve and Milan often can rig the system to assign themselves the most mediocre, provincially minded referees, who are (subconsciously) more deferential towards their prestige clubs. The famed Collina and similarly scrupulous colleagues are rarely ever sent to preside over Juve and Milan matches. Referees who have issued critical penalties to Milan and Juve have found themselves working in lowly Serie B. [...] In 1999, the daily sports paper Gazzetta dello Sport exposed that the club AS Roma had given each of Italy's top referees a $13,500 Rolex, an event dubbed "Night of the Watches." Not one of the referees, the report revealed, had voluntarily returned the gift."

Franklin Foer
    How Soccer Explains the World PP 169-170
    HarperCollins Publishers, New York, New York, 2004

Everyone in here needs to take a long look at their hypocritical lives.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    "According to Foer, Alan's father was a lieutenant in Hitler's SS who was shot and captured in the South of France at the end of the war, and sent to a military hospital in Edinburgh, Scotland, to be healed and to fall in love with his Jewish nurse. At which point, the Allied Forces succumbed to the inevitable power of lurve, dropped all war crimes charges against the SS lieutenant and instead allowed him to set up home with his nurse; first in Scotland and then, presumably in protest at the sectarianism of the Glasgow Derby, in London. Alan, born in 1946, was the first progeny of this happy marriage and he grew up to be -- brace yourself -- an elite British special forces soldier, who doubled as an elite football hooligan at weekends. After serving five years for attempted murder (at a football match), he somehow transformed into a graphics designer who specialized in computer games for the Commodore 64. Well, of course. He then somehow managed to evade US Immigration Service checks on his criminal record (I think the US tends not to welcome convicted would-be murderers) to obtain the visa that allowed him to relocate to California in the 1990s, where he then promptly introduced English-style hooliganism to a group of Raiders fans in Oakland. Oh, I almost forgot, Foer is also keen to relate that at the time he spoke to Alan, he had just started a new career working as a mercenary in Croatia and Kosovo. At the age of almost 60. Hello? Is anyone else seeing Walter Mitty here?"

:lol2: :lol:

http://www.popmatters.com/books/reviews/h/how-soccer-explains-the-world.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)