Just for the record..... (12 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not bribing. Influencing, perhaps.

Milan are undoubtedly getting a lot of decisions, the same as Inter did last season.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Not bribing. Influencing, perhaps.

Milan are undoubtedly getting a lot of decisions, the same as Inter did last season.
and we all know that you don't need to bribe ref's,intimidate them,talk to them or even look at them to influence them and get sent down to serie b:shifty:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure i'm getting this. Correct me if i'm wrong, but, Inter were influencing the refs last season. They stopped doing that this season, now Milan are.

right?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not sure i'm getting this. Correct me if i'm wrong, but, Inter were influencing the refs last season. They stopped doing that this season, now Milan are.

right?
I don't know that either side were actively influencing refs, but you have to admit that Inter got loads of favourable calls last season and Milan are getting them this season.

Milan would be mid table if they didn't have the 12th man this season.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #132

right?
    No, that's a very simplistic way of putting it.
    Big teams are always being favored by the refs. It's like that everywhere, not only in Italy. But in Italy the balance of power shifts more often.
    Many here won't admit but pre-Calciopoli Inter were a big team only by the name. On the pitch the refs didn't treat them like a big team and they were rarely getting the 50-50 calls in their favor. Or at least not more than Fiorentina, Roma or Udinese.
    Milan and Juve were being treated differently. We were not only getting the 50-50 calls, but even the 30-70 calls in our favor.

After Calciopoli, in the last two years (for Milan) and last year (Juve) the refs were pretty fair on our and Milan matches, and sometimes we even lost points due to ref mistakes. Inter didn't need any ref help last year until Christmas, but when they started playing bad and when they couldn't brake the deadlock, the refs were there to give them very dubious penalties.
    This is smthg that's been happening in Italy since forever. The refs helping the big teams when they couldn't score.

This year Inter aren't getting the ref help simply because they didn't need it. You can't say that they won't be getting it if they start playing bad.
    Juve have to work hard for every point and nothing's gifted to us but something's changed in Milan and again they are treated by the refs like a big team. Again they are getting all the ref help when they can't score.
    Does it have something to do with Berlusconi being a PM again? I don't know.
    But it's indeed simptomatic that Calciopoli started almost at the same moment when Prodi replaced Berlusconi, Milan weren't being helped by the refs at all when Berlusconi wasn't a PM and Milan are being treated like a big team again, now that Berlusconi became a PM again.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #140
    Just for the record, i hope for a meteorite impact on San Siro during
    Inter-Milan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)