Just confused as to our transfer policy at times (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Cassano ?: -VEry tempting but signing him would disrupt a team that is 17-1-1 in serie A, not to mention a surplus even at a cheap transfer price he still would drag our wages out of proportion for a rotation player.

Vieri: - Tottally correct not to go after, in fact I'd question anybody who questions why we didn't go for him. Look at the results? Milan got rid of him to Monaco. How did he do at Milan? read the sentance before last.

Now to me there is nothing really upsetting about our transfer policy, we have done mavelously, in the last 2 years we didn't sign anybody who flopped. WE are cautious as not to throw aways Cash.

Moggi and Juve were Punished with the SALAS case IMO, and thats why we are even more cautious!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 8, 2005
Dudes, we are definatelly making a big signment this summer, really big. There are much more money to bo spent and the clubs dont like to pay dividends to their shareholders. Besides another big player is more PR, its a bit expensive but the club`s executives have proven they know who to buy and for the right price. Saw Messi last night, if we could land him it would be fantastic. One or two midfielders, apparently players from the Bundesliga, would do just fine. THere is a dude from Leverkusen - Freyer and some from Borussia that catch the eye. They wont be way to expensive, besides they run and run and run..Where is Zalayeta goin to at the end of the seaon?? DO U THINK KOKE STANDS A CHANCE TO GET A PLACE IN DA SQUAD?

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #45
    - vOnAm - said:
    Cassano ?: -VEry tempting but signing him would disrupt a team that is 17-1-1 in serie A, not to mention a surplus even at a cheap transfer price he still would drag our wages out of proportion for a rotation player.

Vieri: - Tottally correct not to go after, in fact I'd question anybody who questions why we didn't go for him. Look at the results? Milan got rid of him to Monaco. How did he do at Milan? read the sentance before last.

Now to me there is nothing really upsetting about our transfer policy, we have done mavelously, in the last 2 years we didn't sign anybody who flopped. WE are cautious as not to throw aways Cash.

Moggi and Juve were Punished with the SALAS case IMO, and thats why we are even more cautious!
    Let me take you to task with the Vieri situation, at Milan they have Gilardino, Sheva, Inzaghi and they are all number 9s and they do not have number 10s so it was difficult for him but look at aus we have Zlatan, Mutu and Dp who are all really support strikers with only Trez the true number 9, do you not think that Vieri would be a good back up
    And didnt Davids flop in Milan only to shine at Juve, didnt Abbiatti lose his way at Milan only to shine at Juve?
    As for Cassano, playing for a huge and disciplined club like Juve with all their disciplined players, he would not be able to misbehave as he ahs done at Roma where you are aloud to get away with anything it seems

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    If Canna or Thuram get injured, we can kiss a chance at any trophies goodbye

Why wont Moggi bring in some insurance in the transfer window ???

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Vinman said:
    If Canna or Thuram get injured, we can kiss a chance at any trophies goodbye

Why wont Moggi bring in some insurance in the transfer window ???
    For real...we need back up back there (that sounded cool:D )

also Joaquin or mancini would be a nice scoop :agree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    denco said:
    Let me take you to task with the Vieri situation, at Milan they have Gilardino, Sheva, Inzaghi and they are all number 9s and they do not have number 10s so it was difficult for him but look at aus we have Zlatan, Mutu and Dp who are all really support strikers with only Trez the true number 9, do you not think that Vieri would be a good back up
    Sheva is a number 9.5 coz he can create as well as finish :D.

But seriously, I understand the situation with Milan having too many finishers, but I saw many games with Vieri playing and he wasted many opportunities, thats why he was relegated to the bench again.

Now ofcourse at Juventus he COULD get his career back on track, but how many times will Trezeguet be benched? How much longer would Vieri be interested in sitting on the bench? The only way for him to want to stay is if he can take Trez's spot which I doubt he could.

And didnt Davids flop in Milan only to shine at Juve, didnt Abbiatti lose his way at Milan only to shine at Juve?
    Ofcourse, many players flourish with different types of playing style, but again, if davids didn't have regular time to play here in Turin, he wouldn't have been able to flourish. I doubt Vieri can come back to form while coming on the pitch about 20 minutes every game (if lucky). He would have needed many games(if possible at all) as starter, something we wouldn't have given him. And when we needed a back-up lets say if Trez is injured? Vieri wouldn't be as good as Zalayeta IMO for a back-up role.:agree:

As for Cassano, playing for a huge and disciplined club like Juve with all their disciplined players, he would not be able to misbehave as he ahs done at Roma where you are aloud to get away with anything it seems
    I don't deny that he could become a notch better at our club and I didn't mean Cassano would misbehave when I said he would disrupt our harmony. Im not saying he'll be a brat and his behavior will ruin the locker room, but I am saying that having 4 forwards (with Mutu, DP, Ibra) and 2 Strikers (Zala, Trez) is way too much for one team.

Morale would be effected when lets say Cassano is picked to play over Mutu or Del Piero. How would we handle such situations? Who would be our 7 substitutes?

It would disrupt the rotation line that we already have which is making us have a 17-2-1 record. Now if we didn't have Mutu, I would say go go go. But we do have him, and I'm pleased with him on and off the pitch.

U said in the begining that Vieri didn't do well in Milan coz they had too many finishers, then why would you want to bring Cassano in when you say we have too many support strikers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)