Just confused as to our transfer policy at times (5 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have seen some players move and some players we have been linked to and its surprising that we have not gone for some of these players
Its no secret that the right back position is a problem one , so i am mystified as to how come we have continually refused to at least try the waters for Salgado at Real Madrid given that Real have 3 right backs apart from him
Why did we not go in for Cassano? He went on the cheap, he likes Capello and Capello likes him , he is an alternative or addition to our attack and he is a talent, yes he is problematic but quality should never be ignored.
Why did we not go for Vieri? Yes he has not been scoring but is he not an alternative to Trezeguet?
He can take of the burden of Trezeguet being the only true number 9 in our squad as Zalayeta is substandard
Do we really have an alternative to Thuram and Cannavaro?
I am scratching my head to think of apart from the injured Kovacs, who else we have in that department? I mean Tudor is at Siena, Ferrara is retired, Montero is gone, as are Leggro and Iuliano
What exactly happens if Thuram or cannavaro get injured?
Can they really be relied upon to play every single game, in Cl coppa italia and serieA as there is no alternative?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is our sad story denco, Moggi's policy is to ship players off in January and not import players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm sorry but we have no need for Cassano at the moment and I find it quite ridiculous even mentioning the player when cannot even find a spot for Mutu in the side. It also boggles my mind why we would want Cassano just because he's cheap and loves to play with Capello...who knows what the kid will do once Capello steps away from Juventus after another season. Fact of the matter is we did not need Cassano and we should be focusing our efforts on finding a right-back or cover in midfield or defense like denco correctly pointed out.

Jul 12, 2002
Jeeks said:
This is our sad story denco, Moggi's policy is to ship players off in January and not import players.
Yes, very sad...

But, very reasonable. Brigning in players in January is something that teams do when they are desperate. Juve are not generally in a desperate position, so be thankful that we do not need to act as such. Furthermore, it is more wise to buy players in the summer, so that you have a real squad, not a bunch of individuals.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Yes, we are okay for this season. Perhaps Moggi will make a contract with players who are off contract in summer. i think we won`t make big signings.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
denco said:
I have seen some players move and some players we have been linked to and its surprising that we have not gone for some of these players
Its no secret that the right back position is a problem one , so i am mystified as to how come we have continually refused to at least try the waters for Salgado at Real Madrid given that Real have 3 right backs apart from him
Why did we not go in for Cassano? He went on the cheap, he likes Capello and Capello likes him , he is an alternative or addition to our attack and he is a talent, yes he is problematic but quality should never be ignored.
Why did we not go for Vieri? Yes he has not been scoring but is he not an alternative to Trezeguet?
He can take of the burden of Trezeguet being the only true number 9 in our squad as Zalayeta is substandard
Do we really have an alternative to Thuram and Cannavaro?
I am scratching my head to think of apart from the injured Kovacs, who else we have in that department? I mean Tudor is at Siena, Ferrara is retired, Montero is gone, as are Leggro and Iuliano
What exactly happens if Thuram or cannavaro get injured?
Can they really be relied upon to play every single game, in Cl coppa italia and serieA as there is no alternative?
Cassano: If Capello wanted him that much, Moggi would have probably got him. But we already have 5 internationals forwards and cassano would not have played for free + I don't know if he would have accepted the bench like Mutu and Del Piero are doing.

Vieri: He wants to play, he's getting old, he gets a very high salary, doesn't score and wouldn't accept the bench.

Where to find (at the moment) a good alternative to Fabio and Lilian? Capello doesn't like Tudor, Ferrara will turn 39 in a few weeks, Montero is not the one he was 5 years ago and I would prefer playing Ibrahimovic in the center of the back line, rather than using Iuliano or Legrottaglie :scared:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
ZhiXin said:
Isn't Tudor tall? It's strange that he likes tall strikers but doesn't like tall defenders.
Who knows, the fact is that Tudor remained with us for the first part of last season and he himself said that he felt more like a supporter than a player of the team, because he was always watching the matches from the tribune.
In the summer they sent him to Siena again, although he had prooved his worth in the half season he had already spent there.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
So hold on....is there anyway we can bring back the Croatian Sensation?? we could really use that Oger in defense...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Juve's policy has always been to make a great team whilst keeping the finances under control and keep the teams balance.

Signing Vieri would have been a waste due to the extreme wages he would need, for being a player who IMO is past his best. Zalayeta is more than an able deputy, who does not disrupt the harmony of the team and does well.

Cassano?i dont think there is room for him. Where would he play?again his wages would be huge and he could potentialy ruin the team with his attitude. i would pick Mutu over Cassano any day.

However, i do agree with you that we need more at the back, Thuram is stating to show his age (which is fair when you consider the amount of games he has to play) and there is no backup for Cannavaro. We need a young centre back with pace.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
the part about juve's transfer policy that dissapoints me is the fact that we are almost never willing to take a risk on an exiciting young prospect,making him play regularly and developing him into a world beater.sure.as one of the biggest clubs in the world we need world class players,but going for exciting but untested talents rather than the alraedy used ones once in a while wont hurt.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    axlrose85 said:
    the part about juve's transfer policy that dissapoints me is the fact that we are almost never willing to take a risk on an exiciting young prospect,making him play regularly and developing him into a world beater.sure.as one of the biggest clubs in the world we need world class players,but going for exciting but untested talents rather than the alraedy used ones once in a while wont hurt.
    Excellent observations, it is saddening that not since the days of Del Piero, have we unearthed a gem, everyone since then is tried and tested , thats where Capello and Moggi are made for eachother, always going for finished or near finished article instead of polishing a gem.
    As for Cassano not being right, i disagree, he is Italian and thats something Zlatan and Mutu are not, it will be easier for them to up and leave if the grass is greener elsewhere. I get the feeling that Cassano wants to be adored and in Roma thats was impossible with Totti still having a few good years yet and with Dp coming to the end of his, who better to take over mantle.
    Vieri as i said will come good in the end, yes he is injury prone but he could score and is more involved than Trez is, and no way can Monaco pay them kinda wages so he must have reduced his.
    Anyways its a moot point as they are gone but i am still wondering about our central defence, we are far from great in that department and i cannot see Thuram and Cannavaro playing every single game till Kovac comes back.
    This non rotation of players is gonna come back to haunt us
    Capello never grabbed this concept of squad players, he is still in time warped 80s and early 90s with Milan.
    Too many players are playing too many games and quite a few are playing too few

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    im glad that chilleni is being given his chance,and even though he hasnt done anything spectacular,he is proving his worth.id love to see him stay here and develop into a great player,something that he seems to have the talents for.

the cassano-juventus links will exist even though he has signed for madrid.he would have been del piero's natural heir,and yes he is surplus to requirements at the momemt,but would mutu and del piero actually want to stay at juventus next season when you look at the limited first team action both of them are getting?i have a feeling that del piero was given this season to break the goal scoring record,and i would not be entirely surprised if he was sold in the summer.Also,would mutu want to stay when he's being played out of position and his appearances are limited?there is no room for cassano at teh current point in time,but there will be room for him in the not so distant future if del piero and mutu would leave imo.

vieri could have been a decent option to be trezeguet's backup,but looking at his wages,his horrible form,and his age,i dont think it would have been a great move.i dont see a huge wage bill being put on the table for a washed out striker who would not even be a first team regular for us.i dont think he'll find his lost touch back at the top level.

the central defence is a major worry.and sadly,i guess we'd have to wait till the summers to get any reinforcements whatsoever.there are a host of domestic based players that we can choose from,but it'll happen in the summer.i dont see it happning right now,which could come back to haunt as when 2 of thuram,cannavaro and kovac get injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)