Just a thought (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Zeman's accusations of Juve's doping has certainly stirred a few talking points in Italy.

But if, take note of the IF, he was right, and Juve did give its players a few doses of muscle enhancing substances, then don't you think it is taking its toll on our Captain?

Del Piero over the years, has had muscular problems left and right. He seems to be pulling some muscular problems which has seen him not perform consistently due to recurring problems.

Do you guys think it has something to do with the "un-natural"?

I know this will stir some talking point here as well, so let's hear it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Oh, Vieri too? Now that's something. Vieri is a HUGE man. Anybody got a pic of Vieri before he grew those muscles?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    him and vieri did grow a lot in a small amount of time
    i though this could happen to any player, take alook at ronaldo last year, anyhow i don't know you might be right

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    But didn't Ronaldo get FAT, and not MUSCULAR?

Vieri on the other hand, became stronger. I don't know in the case of our captain but when I watched his 1st 100 Goals video in the multimedia section of this forum, You could see how thin or smaller he was in the previous years.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I dunno if the side effects of creatine would involve the tearing of muscle tissues, which seemingly could be attributed to the natural consequence of being on a football pitch for a majority of your life more than anything else.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    What kidn of drug are we exactly being accused of?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I recall Vieri being a lot smaller at Juve, that was back in 97. Since then, I believe around the time he went to Lazio, he got a lot bigger. Same thing goes for Crespo, just a kid at Parma, huge at Lazio.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i'm sure there're lots of cases of players getting bigger over a short period of time,just goes to show how much more our players are noticed due to our success.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Different clubs have different slants on training. Some people will tell a striker that he should put on some upper body strenght, so he can challenge for high balls better, and muscle past defenders. Others will emphasise speed and agility, which are hurt by that same muscle development. Increases in size mean very little; these are professional athletes - if they want to put on some muscle weight, they will.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    manchester united,for example,actually has a programme for on-loan youngsters to follow to beef up their body mass to meet the future rigours of EPL football.the regime actually specifically aims to increase size,strength and physical size of players.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Different clubs have different slants on training. Some people will tell a striker that he should put on some upper body strenght, so he can challenge for high balls better, and muscle past defenders. Others will emphasise speed and agility, which are hurt by that same muscle development. Increases in size mean very little; these are professional athletes - if they want to put on some muscle weight, they will.
    This is what i wanted to say, it could be different case, just like what you said...and as you said they are prof they can put on some weight muscle if they want to build up there body at any time, and i think this helps alot, anyhow still there's a chance of using the EPO

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Though that's obviously true, we all know our players took drugs. I don't even know if it's still something to be ashamed about. It looks like pretty much everyone is doing it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Though that's obviously true, we all know our players took drugs. I don't even know if it's still something to be ashamed about. It looks like pretty much everyone is doing it.
    :down: i hate to admit it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)